Old 07-18-2002, 06:51 AM   #1  
It's MY Life

Default Daily -- Thursday--July 18th

Starting us up---fresh suntea in the fridge. Back in 2 seconds---I need some!
Old 07-18-2002, 07:07 AM   #2  
It's MY Life

Morning Glories!! Hey it's 5:45--I tried to wait longer. I did sleep a little better, but was awake again by 5:00 or so. Of course I didn't get to bed til after 11:00. Waited for DS to get home from basketball practice and then fed him something and talked for awhile. He has to be back up there for another basketball practice at 8:00 this morning. I guess they are REALLY trying to get ready for this tournament up by Chicago. He has another football game at 7:00 tonight in the "big city" IF it doesn't rain. Personally, (and don't tell DS I said this) I hope it gets rained out. Yesterday, did the summer reading program. Our AG teacher had the kids making homemade icecream in plastic bags. DS helped with that and said it was fun and delicious. After that haircuts, errands, golf and groceries. Didn't get to the laundry so that will be today as we pack up for the trip. We leave at 8:45 tomorrow morning. Good news--my Dad made it through the MRI. Mom called and said that the Valium they gave him made him sleepy enough that he pretty much slept right through it. SOOOOO glad! Now, we just have to wait and see what the results show. He is having multiple problems, so hope we figure something out. Did well eating yesterday, but only got in a 1 Mile Walk Away tape. Hoping and planning to do more today!!

Pooky, hoping things are looking brighter there for you today.

Deb, hope you are less sore today. Take care of yourself so that you can have some FUN this weekend.

Ruth,hope that water situation at the Fair works out okay. Picturing your pups in the pool.

Sue, hope your daughter and her boyfriend have worked things out in the best possible way! Pancakes sounded good!

Peach, good luck with the luggage. You sure had me chuckling with your hot tub comment!

Tonic, Congrats on the 4 pounds!

Samsgram, your Ministries work sounds wonderful!

L, my folks dog had to have that eye surgery a couple of years ago--hope your pup is feeling good today. Trip to Alaska---sounds fantastic!

Liz, hey, sure hope you know we are always here for you!!

Dottie, my scale has not budged this summer either, despite my better eating AND extra exercising--very frustrating! We need to hang in there!

2Bfit, watch out for that Methotrexate. My friend took it for quite a while--don't know the length of time, but it did a number on her tummy. Take care of yourself.

Jennifer, hope your appt. with the gastro went okay and that you do get to go to Red Lobster.

Linda, sure sounds like you are doing well with your program. I am so glad you are back here posting!

Okay, I think that is everyone. Whew, I wrote a book! Have a good day everyone!
Old 07-18-2002, 07:10 AM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Coffee here! so take your choice it is too hot to drink much coffee so i will be over annie!!

I will try to work on some of thoser recipeis. I will say that the riccotta pancakes came form the PP board. one of the fantastic guys (and i do mean a real male not a fake female ) from Sweden did this one. so I f you have questions i can try to figure it out. and you are right some of them in the book i have does have the carb counts. I do believe it is somewhere in the forum over there so i will find it.

today for me nothing but trying o pack for a 2 night camping trip with SIL BIL we will have a great time.

DD has said nothing to me about wht had happened between BF and her so i do not know what has happened, BUT he is still around so they must have worked things out. I do not know if I am happy with that or not. I know a 17 year old boy has urges but if he is inlove with some one as much as he says he is there shuld be no question of his loyality.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:12 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning, Annie and folks to follow. I hope this "late" post means you slept better last night. Have you tried taking a Tylenol PM at bedtime? They work for me. Glad your Dad got through the MRI with no panic.

Aw, Pooky! Big hugs to you and Miree - and to Grandma too. Men do go off the track frequently. I hope things straighten out soon for you. Be strong.

Yesterday was what I call a "balanced" day - coffee with my pal from Rochester, NY, a walk, some house stuff and only 7 hours at the Office. It sure was hotter than Hotlanta but is supposed to cool down a bit today. So far it's really muggy so maybe the weatherperson lied! They do, you know, just to make us feel better.

Took a meadow walk this morning and checked out my berry patch. The raspberries are just loaded with red jewels - Hershey sampled the low ones and pronounced them ready to pick. I also have loads of currants. In a few minutes I'll go out and start to pick. I still have last year's black currants in the freezer - any suggestions? I have Splenda but can't find that no-sugar pectin around here - Grrrr. I need another trip to the States for pectin and Tylenol PM!

Yesterday the first of the Fair started to roll in - the Bingo van, a generator and the cotton candy machine are here. Today we also get another reading on the water situation. I must say that not being able to drink the water at the Office has helped - I now take three 500ml bottles to work and drink them - that's about 6 cups, I think.

Gotta get going. Bug spray first because the flies in the berry patch are terrible - deer flies take a chunk out of you really fast. The bee guy put his hive at the edge of my berry patch so I'll be watching for SOBees too.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:14 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

Ruth how far from Rochester are you? I can get there in little over an hour!!
Old 07-18-2002, 07:34 AM   #6  

Morning Chickies!!!

Glad to hear that your Dad made it through that mri ok, Annie!!! Isn't summer time suppose to be your rest time? You sure are a busy busy gal!!

Pooky, awwww, sweetie I am sending you all the warm fuzzies your way!

Susan, you are going camping? Have a great time and watch out for bugs and "stuff"...we watch WAAAAY tooo much discovery channel around here!

Ruth! red jewels? I think you are setting Leens and me up for comments!!!! Have a great day, drink your water and carry spray for any SOBEES that you may run across!

to all who enter!!!

Not much new here. The little guy woke up early with a nightmare and said, "mom, you were right....bluejays are grumpy birds!"

TODAY I really think about what to pack for tomorrrow. I should go to weigh in but since I have not gotten on the scale all week...what is with that? I am not sure I am going. PLUS the little guy is going on a field trip today and when that happens I just feel like I need to stay close to home...but...mom needs some flower boxes to go on her deck...so who knows what I REALLY will do? GEE I USED to have these great organizational skills Perhaps I just need more COFFEE!

Have a good one chickies!

peach

Last edited by peach pit; 07-18-2002 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:44 AM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

Peach you are going to laugh when you hear what we are going to do!!! DS has a fake komodo dragon and we are going to take it with us and place it out of their tent and call them out in the morning. it is about 1 foot long. I can not wait!!!

Just to let you gusy know I have psted some numbers to the riccotta pancakse. and a few more recipies i had found there. like one for cake low carb in the miscl section
Old 07-18-2002, 07:48 AM   #8  

Susan, I am packing up the little guy with his meds (because I like you!) so that he can go with you...he wants a pet komodo dragon and since you have one....well, it would be kind of a special thing!!!! YOWSER! I wonder what Janice packed for her trip for fun!

peach
Old 07-18-2002, 07:50 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Kids,

Who said Rochester NY, thats where one of my companies sites is. I'm forever booking my boss flights there.

Anyway its a hot one today, supposed to get to 100 degrees ICK. Peach I'm wearing my white pants today

Nothing else new SOSDD, just working and working - boring huh. Can't wait until the weekend so I can play.

Tippy where are you ?

Have a great day !

Love, Leens
Old 07-18-2002, 07:54 AM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

Peach send him on over, one more little boy will not make much difference in my house. i have 2 and many time there are 6 playing in my yard.

Leens Ruth has a friend from Rochester and will i can get there rather fast

POOKY {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} I can only pray that things work out for the best for you and Mirree.

Last edited by nasus40; 07-18-2002 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-18-2002, 08:13 AM   #11  
she who must be obeyed

Default Morning!

pooky my thoughts are with you.

Annie glad to hear your Dad came through the MRI. Now the hard part begins, waiting for the results.

peachie, pack light.........it's steamy down here, but than I think your weather is very similiar to ours right now. Boy will we do some glistening this weekend.

Going to lunch with two of my friends today, both of them are going through some health issues right now. One is and has been fighting breast cancer for a couple of years and the other informed me yesterday, they have found a growth on her female organs (can't remember where she said it exactly was.) She will go Friday to an Oncologist for more information. The second one is an RN, and I don't think they make the best patients, lol. I told her yesterday it was my turn to take care of her, she did so much for me while I was in the hospital, even coming to downtown Atlanta one night late at night when I just couldn't face staying alone, my hubby couldn't come, she drove into unfamiliar regions to stay with me.

Take care everyone
Debbie
Old 07-18-2002, 11:14 AM   #12  
It's MY Life

Thumbs up Just shoot me now!!!!!!

Okay, I am sitting here with burning ab muscles and sweat dripping off of me from doing my 3 Mile Walk Away Tape AND the Ab Sculpt tape. So I get the bright idea--"Hey, before I shower I'll weigh myself." Seems reasonable right???? Well, after all of the good eating I have done this summer and all of the exercising I've been doing--I am up 5 lbs. since the beginning of the summer!!! Geez, why in the world do I even bother?!? Sorry had to vent!!! I am really discouraged.
Old 07-18-2002, 11:30 AM   #13  
Hang In There

Default Well Ol'Alvin won in the end!!!

After ALL by big talk about having a party at MY house, and him now wanting to give up his chair even for one night, The girl who was doing the party canceled on me!!! Of course she had a really good g\reason, her 5 y/o daughter is very sick and is expected to be put in the hospital today for test. Please keep her in your prayers. her name is Kate Barnes and she has been having diareaha (sp) and vomiting since March and the can't find a reason, except that the food just sits in the bottom of her stomach and doesn't digest like it's supposed to.

So to show Alvin I COULD throw a party, I had invited almost 30 women. Ever try to uninvite 30 women in one day time? Not a pretty sight. And about 20 of them said they were planning on comming. Maybe after her daughter is better an I'm recovered from my susrgery we will try again.

I guess it's because I know I'm on a restricted time schedule, that I just can't seem to fit in everything I need to do before the surgery. Today I'm off to the beauty shop for a perm, so I can look "beautiful" while in the hospital and confined to the house for the month.

I know I'm not good about mentioning everyone in my posts, but I do want all of you to know that you are all in my thoughts and prays, and I look forward to seeing what is going on in your lives every day. The first thing I do when I get to work is to check out this daily thread.

Well, If I don't stop here I'l be be late for my appointment and I need all the time I can have to get beautiful!!!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 07-18-2002, 11:33 AM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Morning All

It sounds like most of you are getting ready to hit Hotlanta

Since I can't be there to get to know you all, I thought that it might be nice if I showed you some pics of me and my yard (so you can see where I spend most of my time). Just a way to share alittle about myself.
If you're interested: www.picturetrail.com/silbar

Peach and Jiff~~ have a safe flight today.

Annie~~~Don't give up!!!! Remember that muscle weighs more than fat. As you lose fat and get more toned your weight can actually stay the same. That's why the scale isn't always the best indicator of FAT loss. Better to go by how your pants fit and how you look in the mirror. I'm glad your Dad made it through the MRI. Hope it will be good news. Thanks for your concern about my medication. I thought long and hard before I made the decision. It's not something to be taken lightly.

Pooky~~~If you're there, My prayers are with you.

Sue~~Have a great time camping. The dragon thing will be too funny . Let us know how it turns out.

Ruth~~~I would love to see pics of your dogs in the pool. I am owned by 2 Yorkies :

Leens~~~White pants, huh? But what color undies (wasn't this question in the survey?

Debbie~~~You are very luck to have such wonderful friends. But I'm sure you already know that . BTW, Drs actually make the worst patients!

Barbg~~~I'm sorry to hear about your friends little girl. I will keep her in my prayers. When is your surgery?

Everybody have a wonderful day
~~~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 07-18-2002 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-18-2002, 01:17 PM   #15  

Hi Guys,
This is a post from a very anxious, pretty much MIA chick. Right now I'm looking out my window and seeing huge billowing clouds of smoke. The latest Colorado fire is just a few miles from us and let me tell you, it's scary! The fire is in wild, steep country so there are slurry bombers, spotter planes and helicopters flying over my house. The air smells like smoke and there is a haze hanging over everything. Fortunately for me, but unfortunately for people in Estes Park, the fire has headed their way now instead of our way. When we drove closer to the fire last night, we saw flames that looked like something out of a movie. It's surreal. Anyway, send good thoughts this way please!

Pooky - Hang in there sweetie. Sounds like you're going through a very tough time right now.

Sil - My son has been taking Methotrexate for a long time because of his Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. He takes a really big dose once a week. I know it has some drawbacks, but to me the benefits have far outweighed any bad effects the drug has. It really has allowed him to be active and live a much more normal life. It can be hard on the liver, but we have it checked periodically.

Have a good one ladies,
Chickadee