Old 07-08-2002, 07:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Daily - Monday, July 8

Good morning everyone. Lots of coffee still left and I do have some cranberry iced tea as well.

Am starting to get really busy with Fair stuff but find it reassuring to know that I will be just loafing this time next year! Next week will be the cruncher as I'll be driving around the county taking folks more advance tickets and picking up loot. I had better have my car back by then!

This morning I am going to hang out until I hear from the dealer about the insurance estimator who will be coming to check out my claim. I will have to take the darn thing to the dealer because you can't inspect a twisted doorframe with the door still together. I am hoping to pick up a rental for the next week! So what if it sits in the Ottawa Airport parking lot for three days next weekend!

Lucy went swimming in the Lake last night with her sister Bailey. She walked out following Sis in and, as it got deeper, up popped her body and she was swimming. She loved it! When I am away next weekend, she will probably be going to Morna's cottage and I wanted to be sure she really could swim. Bailey's parents are camping and, after sitting and having a beer with them, I'm glad of my comfy and quiet old house. They are right on the edge of the little river that flows between the two lakes and the traffic was incredible! When I camped many years ago, we had tons of space and it was peaceful. The campsites are so close you can hear everything said in the next trailer or tent!

Despite the heat, my weight has stayed the same for five days now - I am really going to push the water today and get that old setpoint to budge DOWN!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 07-08-2002, 07:39 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,
I am off to the chiropractor with the kids...then to camp...be back soon.

gotta get coffee in there too!
-L
Old 07-08-2002, 07:51 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

Default good morning!!!!!

hey L... do you get to LEAVE the kids at the chiropractor's????

and ruth, once again, you're making my head spin!! and i just don't get this camping thing. i love hiking and birding and such, but actually sleeping out there with the bugs????? NO WAY!!!

and lucy sounds so cute, finally figuring out the swimming thing. but wouldn't it be embarrassing for a PWD to be unable to swim???

nothing much.. will HAVE to get a weight either today or tomorrow. the support group meeting is tomorrow night and i have to KNOW..

and yesterday mom and i found some furniture for the deck, plus a nice white [?] umbrella. far too expensive, and it'll be delivered on friday.

we went to dinner at one of our favorite places last night. and we actually had an appetizer [yeah, all 4 bites for me!!] DIVINE!!! in fact, i'm going to remember how to put it together. very low carb, too.

a portobello mushroom stuffed with a mixture of ricotta and spinach, topped with mozzarella and a very slightly spicy tomato sauce. no, not salsa. more of a marinara with a whiff of a chili kick. all baked and hot and melty.. FABULOUS!!!

and dear, exhausted peachie. she gave me a pair of shorts that had outgrown her, and i put them on yesterday. and after a while, i realized something important: i can get them off without undoing the button and zipper!!!!!

i guess they're not long for this world for either of us....

have a great day ya'll...
Old 07-08-2002, 08:08 AM   #4  
It's MY Life

Good Sultry Morning Everyone!! Boy I don't know how many days in a row of scorchers, but it has been a bunch! The thunderboomers on Saturday didn't cool us off as we hoped. Getting ready to take DS to football and then at 10:30 he has a dentist appt. for 6 month checkup down in the "big city". Today is his last day as a 15 year old--tomorrow is the big "sweet 16". Can I confess that I am having difficulties dealing with this milestone. I didn't sleep much last night and I think it is just the emotion of that transition we are approaching. Boy they aren't kidding when they say the time flies by!!! I still can't believe my "baby" is going to be 16~~ He has requested a "seafood" dinner for his birthday. Shrimp salad, fake crab in drawn butter and my marinated grilled fish. He is a natural low carber I guess. Better get going and get him to practice so I can get my exercise and shower in. Still battling with the spin cycle on washing machine. DH and I took turns wringing out the loads of laundry by hand yesterday before putting it into the dryer. Can't decide whether to spend the money to repair it--it is 20 years old or just bite the bullet and get a new one! Okay, enough of my whining!!! Have a good one everybody!
Old 07-08-2002, 08:19 AM   #5  

OK so I lied and I didn't get to the laundry yesterday--so sue me! Today definitley is laundry and general cleanup--gee I hate when everyone is home--they make such a mess!

Not much on the horizon for today but things will be busier later in the week. We are going to the zoo on Thursday with my SIL and nephew--should be a lot of fun!

Hope you all have a good day!
Old 07-08-2002, 08:30 AM   #6  
workin' my way back down

Morning everyone.......

Ruth, please pass a cup of that coffee this way! I'm desperate! I hope all goes well with the insurance guy..... I wish I could have seen Lucy realize that she could really swim!! I'm still looking for a portie, no luck yet but lots of folks are keeping their ears and eyes open for me.

Jif - that appetizer sounds fabulous, please make an extra one to bring to NYC!!! And WOW! what a fabulous feeling it must have been with those shorts

Annie - that "time flies" thing is soooo right...... my grandson turned 3 this weekend and I can't believe I even have a grandson, let alone one who is 3!!! My dd said something to him about going to camp today... little stinker said :"I don't think I'll go tomorrow"!!!!!!... now, where on earth?!?!?!?

Pook - as long as you're doing laundry and general cleanup, please come around here and do some more
Old 07-08-2002, 08:47 AM   #7  
Senior Chicky

Angry Happy MoanDay!

Ruth~how neat that little Lucy is swimming! Good luck with the insurance estimate!

Jif~yum! That appetizer sounds wonderful! We really enjoy sitting out back - the patio furniture was pricey but we've definately gotten our use out of it!

Pooky~the never ending laundry! The zoo sounds like fun! It's too hot here to even consider it!

L~have a good one!

samsgrandma~grandkids! Luv them! Mine range from 2-12! It is so hard to believe! Sometimes I feel like I'm watching my kids grow up all over again!

AdoAnnie~The "16" milestone! I can relate. Michael will be 16 on Sept 6th. The reality hit me a few weeks ago and OMG-that's my baby! Can you imagine what our babies going off to college is going to do to us?

Today the "boyz" return. My nice clean house with not one dirty sock hiding will be in complete turmoil again by 5:00 this afternoon! Makes me wonder why I bothered! Oh well, at least I got to enjoy it for a few days!

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

J
Old 07-08-2002, 09:13 AM   #8  

Am off to the hair salon for a partial perm! My hair looks like Wild Woman of Bornio with this humidity!
Old 07-08-2002, 12:14 PM   #9  
Owned by Dixie

Well I am back. Chiropractor was great! We have been going for about a year. Older boy had a ton of head aches and it has really helped him. He has had a handful in that time but not even close to the 5 or 6 a week he was getting. Little man loves it and it is all for well being. For $15 a week it is a good investment. (That is for all 3 of us).

Window cleaning men are here. I have not heard one word from the contractor despite formal means of communication. The tile man is coming to disassemble the shower floor on Wednesday and see if we can find the leak. Today we send a registered letter to the contractor to demand money back. I am so over this project. I have not had a shower in the master bath since mid March! I know….......I should have all you chicks go to his house and sit on him till he pays up! It would be well worth the airfare to have it done. But sorry Jiff this will be the only time I say this… I wish it were the former you I could add to the pile!!!!! LOL !!!! A great form of torturer, and whoever has the wrench to bring to hit him over the head, you are last in line…I want him to feel the pain of being squished first! (Sadly this is putting a huge smile on my face!)

Ok have to go... Be well Drink up and happy day to all!
-L
Old 07-08-2002, 12:19 PM   #10  

I wish I could stay, but I can't. We got skunked (IN our home) Sunday morning at 330 -- dh left the door open while he was packing the car to drive to Virginia for a class. Skunk just wandered in. Dog found it -- it sprayed everything in the dining room, got under the sofa in the living room and then let the last of it fly in the foyer. It's not a pretty thing.

Right now I'm on my 27th load of laundry. Hope all is well with everyone. I will be back tomorrow -- hopefully smelling a LOT better!
Old 07-08-2002, 12:22 PM   #11  
Owned by Dixie

Ohh Jenni!

Lots of while vinegar!
So sorry just what you needed!
-L
Old 07-08-2002, 01:14 PM   #12  

Oh jenni--poor you! it must be very stinky in there--and tomato juice the dog, eh?
Old 07-08-2002, 06:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Hi everyone!

What a day this has turned out to be! It's sooooooo hot in here, I'm ready for a pool. Anyone have experience with those? I heard it was a big pain in the rear, and expensive to boot. Oh, well, there's always a cold bath!

Gotta decide what to do with dd's birthday this coming weekend. Hoping to have something small and family-only, but it's looking like a big todo at the lake or somewhere like that. Bummer! I was hoping I could put off the big parties until she started school. That's this year. WHERE DOES THE TIME GO? I'm having a hard time with this, as if you can't tell!!

Ya'll have a good one, it's salad time here! Talk to you later.
Old 07-08-2002, 08:54 PM   #14  
Old Cackler

L.. We could always borrow weights from the lifters and add them on to squish the contractor even more!!!

and i'm afraid we'll need more weights to replace me.. i lost 5 more pounds last week!!! grand total: 215; 118 since the surgery.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:57 PM   #15  
workin' my way back down

Smile YEA JIFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!

Way to GO!!!!!

Do you see me doing the happy dance for you?