3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   DAILY - Wednesday - Jan 16th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/12572-daily-wednesday-jan-16th.html)

Hensa 01-16-2002 01:36 AM

DAILY - Wednesday - Jan 16th

Good Morning Everyone!

Everything is going well over here, just very, very busy at the office. Our schools started today and the traffic is back to NORMAL VERY BUSY!!!!! I really enjoyed travelling to the office in the holiday time, now I have to leave 15 minutes earlier to be on time. I took my baby “Snoekie” to the vet on Monday to have her sterilized. Because she is a miniature dachshund and very small the vet advised me not to allow her to have babies. It was a very difficult decision. I think the vet thought I am crazy because between me and Snoekie he had a hart time deciding who cried the hardest. He gave her an injection to calm her and I think he was considering giving me one to. She is still very sleepy and lay most of the time in her bed, but much better than Monday evening.

Gosh!!! I love that little doggie, she is really like a baby to me. I know I should not be so attached but I just cannot help it she is so adorable.

Ruth – I am so glad about the good news from the doctor.

Jennifer – a dietician worked it out for me personally, after I answered allot of questions about my lifestyle and the type of food I usually have in the house. (It is allot like WW lots of veggies, the carbs, fruit and protein is limited)

Pooky – sorry to hear Mire is sick, hope she feels better soon.

Sue – thanks for the advise, the plan is not fixed I have a choice on the type of food I want to have out of a particular group, will definitely try to stay away from the bread and rather have the potato or corn etc.

AdiAnnie – take a whistle with you to the game! LOL

Chickadee – sorry to hear about the PMS I used to have allot of problems with that or rather let me put it this way the people around me had a difficult time keeping house with me that time of the month. Try Primrose Oil capsules it really helps.

To the rest of you please have a lovely day.

DonDar 01-16-2002 07:42 AM

Morning Ladies!

I have been op all week and it feels great. It has been easy for me to stay op, I am busy at work all day and then I come home and I am very hard at work cleaning house. You see my dear Don will be 9 on Friday (I can hardly believe he is that old already). We will be having 10 little boys spending the night. Don't worry they will not be destroying the house the whole time. The party starts after school, we will be catching an early showing of Disney's "Snow Dogs" and then ice skating for 2 hours and then back at our house for cake and hopefully a peaceful sleepover. Not! I will make them pancakes, with sausage and bacon in the morning, and hopefully have the house cleared by 11:00 am.

Keep your fingers crossed for me and a smooth running party. My son has a great group of friends. They all enjoy sports and all do well in school, just a group of all American kids, and I love them all.

Hensa, nice to see you starting us up this morning. So sorry you and Snoekie had to go through so much emotional stress at the vet's office. I am sure she will be fine. Good luck on your new plan, I hope your change of eating helps you.

Ruth I am excited for your news from the gynecologist.

Liz, hope your energy continues.

Tippy, wise decision on cancelling your pt appointments, you should not be experiencing so much pain during your sessions.

Chickadee, hope the pms-ing is gone today.

AdoAnnie, I am glad you stayed home, rest can do wonders. Don is doing great, he bounced back the next day.

Pooky, sorry about your dear Miree feeling down. That is the benefit/downside to daycare. I know you hate for them to get sick, but the good thing is she is building up immunities that will benfit her in her school years. I know that it helped for my boys, sure they still catch colds, but never so bad that they are missing school, much better than many of their classmates.

Numberonewendy, Surgery? hope all went well.

Jenni, my dh is a long haired lover also, so mine is usually styled in a longer style. Happy Birthday to your dear McKayla!

Linda let me know how you like your Ab-Doer, I am interested. When I get my washboard abs, I plan on getting my belly button peirced!

Hey Peachie, how is our Jif doing, think you could get her to post sometime?

MamaJ, luv and hugs to you1

Hi Susan, Jennifer, and Sherrie.

Ruthxxx 01-16-2002 08:31 AM

Winter Wonderland out there this a.m. The "lad" has not come to dig us out so I may not be going for music this a.m. Just as well as I have not touched the piano and still don't have enough breath to sing.

Hensa - I would be crying right along with you in the vet's office. However, pregnancy is very, very difficult for mini dogs. Having her spayed will prolong her life, did you know that? Apparently the whole female cycle thing wears them out even if they are not bred. As soon as Hershey has one more litter (summer 2003), she will be neutered and retired. Then she can just be a happy doggie with no reponsibilities.

Dondar, the party sounds just wonderful. BUT why the heck are you cleaning before the party? My Mum's cleaning woman used to say "More better clean later!" We never could tell Emni that we were entertaining or she would say that. She also cleaned the kitchen floor naked but that's another story.

Am off do do some more leash training with Lucy. It's kind of like having a 10 pound bucking mustang on the end of a rope. At the moment we are having very limited success!

Catch you later.

Numberonewendy 01-16-2002 08:46 AM

Good Morning,

My there is no way I could answer all like you have DonDar, what a great job :dizzy:

Today I am left alone to conqueor the day. Believe it or not I do like it with a man around the house :o Don't let him know though, he thought he was doing me a favour by taking the day off.

Most likely I will be doing a bit of house cleaning today and start on my kitchen cupboards. (I've been trying to paint this kitchen now for a couple of months!)

Surgery was laser surgery so not in bad shape but swollen up and a bit uncomfortable, nothing serious though and looking forward to the future results. This is my second treatment and will be having a couple more down the road.

I have dogs too, they are like children so I do understand your emotions Hensa, and like Ruth says, sounds like you did the right thing.

DonDar, forgive my memory but are you the lady that was having the decision on inviting the girl also? If so, did she decline?

Ruth, I read about your news, thank the lord all can be peaceful now, what a thing to go through. I had cervix cancer a few years back, was a pretty scary thing to go through. Happy to know you are in the clear.

Thank goodness...I did it before everyone else showed up...hehehe

Have a good one Ladies and to all the rest of you that will be coming here shortly.

cathyxxx 01-16-2002 09:46 AM

Good Morning Chickies!

Hey gang! I've been busy as can be but wanted to take a minute and read some posts and at least say hi.

Today is my brother's birthday so I am meeting he and my mom at Logan's today for lunch. I will probably have a salad and a piece of my mom's steak - yum! Don't know if I will be able to pass up their wonderful rolls or not but I'm not stressing over it. :smug:

I hope everyone has a great day!

hugs, cathy :wave:

ChrissyB 01-16-2002 09:49 AM

Hello to everyone!!

Our snow is almost all gone !! YIPEEE! As you can tell I dread that white stuff. I'm ready for summer and the long hot days that some with that.

Three of the boys are in school and I only have to two youngest at home with me. I have so much to do today. My days are like a blurr. But if I'm busy that give's me less time to be thinking about all of the things that I would have been eating if I wasnt low carbing. So I'm going to turn on the radio lound and do my cleaning. Unlike Ruth's mums cleaning lady I will be fully clothed. With my luck if I tried something daring like that my DH would come home on his luch break and bring one of his partners with him!! It would not be good to say the least!!!

Love to all, ChrissyB

DonDar 01-16-2002 10:26 AM

Hi Numberonewendy,

Yes, I was questioning about inviting a girl to the party. And I did invite her. She is coming, but not to the sleepover, just movie and skating.

Chrissy, I am hoping for more snow, love the white stuff!

liz321 01-16-2002 11:13 AM

Happy Hump Day! It has been a good week so far...I am running with it while I have the energy, I know myself enough to know it will not last:dizzy: I have to go to the dentist this morning for check up...ugh! Hate that guy...every tooth in my mouth has been worked on, not that it is his fault....my mom is coming over to keep my dd (3) as she has the stomach flu, poor kiddo was moaning all night....until she finally gave in....She is busy drawing B's at the moment.....

Wow Don you did a great summary....your party sounds like a blast! You will have those boys so played out they will fall right to sleep....

Have a great day everyone....my goal is to have a housekeeper by months end...will need her every week until I get things how I want them and then probably every two weeks after that. The one I am looking at charges $10.00 an hour. Any advise anyone?

Bye for now! Liz

Ruthxxx 01-16-2002 11:30 AM

Liz, $10 and hour is good! My Gail charges that but most folk around here are paying $15 to $20.

Gail is the best investment I have ever made. She is here for 4 hours and vaccums and dusts thoroughly, cleans bathrooms and kitchen and washes and waxes the floors. She also works in does extra jobs - like cleaning windows, washing curtains, polishing silver, etc. She will even garden! I have found the best thing to do is let her decide the extras that should be done - like stripping old polish off the dining room furniture and cleaning down the basement stairs. She doesn't stop to pee or have a coffee and tries to take off some money from her bill if we have chatted!

If you find a good person, she is worth her weight in gold! Gail is worth her weight in diamonds!

jenniwookie 01-16-2002 12:45 PM

Hi Everybody!

I really wanted to take time and write to you all, but it's going to have to wait -- we just got the OFFICIAL word that we are definitely moving to Rhode Island this spring! I am really excited because it is exactly what we wanted and it's the job dh wanted. This west coast gal is headed east! So, there's a lot of research to do and places to call.

I REALLY want to celebrate with a nice big piece of pie - but I would have to make one, so I think I'll just have another cup of coffee!

Have a great day ladies! See you later.

Chickadee 01-16-2002 12:59 PM

Good Morning Everyone.
Luckily for my family and everyone who has to be around me, some of my crabbiness has left. Not all of it though! One would think that this whole being a woman business would get easier. I think there's a flaw in the plan someplace! I mean, first we go through all those teen years of figuring out how our bodies work, then we have to figure out the whole sex thing, then we have the stress and pain on our bodies of having and delivering babies, then we have to figure out what all the changes are that are going on when we get older. You'd think that as we age it would all get easier! At least we shouldn't have to deal with cramps and PMS and hormonal changes after our hair starts showing gray streaks! Oh, to be a man sometimes. Oops, looks like all the crabbies haven't left yet! :o

Here's a good thing - I've exercised every day except Saturday since last Tuesday. You know what? It feels great! I''m committed to moving every single day right now. I have the time, so why not?

Jenny You are a very brave woman indeed! Ten little boys spending the night? It will be fun, but you're dreaming (or not!) if you think you're going to have a peaceful night's sleep! :D My sweet Steph had her 12th birthday party last weekend. We had a sleepover for 5. We wanted to have a skating party, but for some reason the rink in our town wasn't ready yet, so we went moonlight bowling instead. It was great! Even then, after midnight, it took the girls awhile to get settled and in bed. Hope you get some sleep!

Hensa Thanks for the advice on the Primrose Oil. I'd heard that before and forgot about it (I am getting old!). I think I'll try it. Oh yeah, I think you did the right thing for your little dog. I grew up in a family that raised show dogs and my parents did a lot of breeding (not them, well maybe, I do have three brothers...eeww I don't want to think about that - I meant breeding the dogs!). What a lot of work for the dogs, the people, everyone. (Right, Ruth?) Now I always have a bunch of show-dog rejects running around and always get them neutered right away. I get mad at people who just let dogs or cats breed because they think puppies or kittens would be cute. It's a huge responsibility and I don't think most people go into it with the right intentions. I think our Ruthie is a great example of how people should take care of their animals. Off my soapbox now...

Chrissy I'm just the opposite of you. We have beautiful snow falling right now and I want it to go on all day and all night. This is how Colorado's suppoed to look!

Wendy I hear you on the cupboards! I started painting mine right after Thanksgiving and am still waiting for DH to put in the closer thingies. I think I'm just gonna do it myself.

Liz I'd love to have a housekeeper, but it's not likely in my lifetime. My husband is the type who'd clean everything first so the housekeeper wouldn't see that there was ever a mess and think less of us. If I could just get someone to help with the mountain of laundry we always have it be so nice.

Well, now that I've written another novel, I'll finish.
Have a great day everyone!
Chickadee

p.s. Have to add to the novel! Congrats Jenniwookie (must have been posting at the same time) on your big news. What a relief it must be to have official notice. NO PIE though! :lol:

peach pit 01-16-2002 02:36 PM

yikes!

I only have a couple of minutes before I go and pick the kid up from school and catch the little guy on the bus and I have only scimmed over the daily.

pms....{{{{{sigh}}}}}} [[[[[[hugs]]]]]] I guess I should throw in a {{{{growl}}}}} too since that is how I often feel.

Jenny, I'll try to get jiff to post...she is doing pretty well...she is a stubborn thing! GLAD that doesn't run in the family :rolleyes: I think it is the opposisional thing that does tho :D

Took mom to tartget and lost her :( gosh darn it that woman was heading out the door before I found her. Here I am 42 years old saying to the management...."I lost my Mommy" Took her out to lunch, plied her with food and ice cream and she sat and stayed!!!!

Have not heard from Debkay's dh...will post when I do...continue to send good things her way!

got to run

peach

Numberonewendy 01-16-2002 02:59 PM

Wow Liz, ten dollars an hour is terrific. I charge 15 - 20 an hour. Make sure you make it clear to her what is important to you.

Don't be afraid to leave notes if things are not exactly the way you want it.

I do extra's too, why you ask? Well one gets use to a house which one finds themselves looking for extra's. Now thats a good Cleaning Lady :)

Coming from a professional :)

liz321 01-16-2002 04:02 PM

Happy for you Jen! Liz:D

liz321 01-16-2002 04:27 PM

Thanks Wendy! it is going to be a challenge to get my house clean enough to let anyone in the front door to clean it...can't hide anything from the cleaning lady! ttfn Liz