3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   Dec. 31st! New Years Eve! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/12060-dec-31st-new-years-eve.html)

peach pit 12-31-2001 07:44 AM

Dec. 31st! New Years Eve!

Coffee is on!!!

gosh it is good to drink your own home made coffee!

We are back after having a GREAT time in Florida!

peach

peach pit 12-31-2001 08:08 AM

I am rubbing the travel dust off of my skin. Today is a day of unpacking and regrouping! Gosh! I need to low carb with gusto!

We really did have a wonderful time on our trip. The boys held up very well and although the little guy had a couple of melt downs when we pushed him beyond his limits I am very very proud of him.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a wonderful and blessed New Year!

Happy Belated Birthday to Susan!!!!!

THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!!

peach...whose fluffy butt is dragging!

ps...Pooky...I'll send ya a nickel if you spill the beans on how you put that card together!!! :lol:

dottiejon 12-31-2001 08:21 AM

Peach! Welcome back- you are just in time! We are getting the new year off to a good start- glad you're back! How was Mickey? ( were you in Orlando?)

Yesterday had fun with my sweetie neice, saw Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius- very fun and quick moving. I found it over-stimulating, but she seemed to love it! Ha, I am getting old!:?:

Today is grandpa's funeral mass and burial and a family lunch. I have to admit I am looking forward to this being over- it has taken a big bite out of my weekend! But, it has been easy and peaceful, not a lot of crying, everyone feels comfortable and sort of relieved, and we just are telling funny stories and remembering things for my BIL and his sis and bro.

Just a quiet night tonight, and absolutely NOTHING will interfere with tomorrow- I am going to see NO ONE, go NO PLACE, just putter around the house, and might shop a little, locally- for shoes, and to return something from Christmas.

Off to the shower- and a good LC breakfast- each day feels easier to stay OP.

dottie

scooby2 12-31-2001 09:02 AM

Good morning...welcome back to our travelers!! You were missed!!!!!!!:) Glad you had fun tho!

I am at work today, in organize and toss mode. I have cleaned out my drawers and am heading for my files. Got all of CHristmas down and put away yesterday, rearranged some furniture and generally cleaned up...what a good feeling!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Happy New Year

DRINK YOUR WATER!!!!!!!! :dizzy:

Leenie 12-31-2001 09:05 AM

Morning Kids,

Yes COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE

Peachie girl welcome home.......Sunny Florida to 30 degrees burrrrrrrrr.

Dottie, Sorry to hear about grandpa, my prayers are with you and your family, its never easy no matter how old they are.

To the rest that follow or who have beat me to this post lololol.,
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

We are staying home tonight as usual, gonna pig out and tomorrow is "D" day haaaaaaa. CAD Day I should say lol.

Everyone who is going out........BE SAFE !!

Love Leens

Pooky 12-31-2001 09:56 AM

OK, I'm here! Finallly! At precisely 8am this morning I am awakened by my panicked dh who thinks the sky is falling on any sort of occasion and today was no different. Thoroughly convinced that the picture tube was gone on our less than a year old TV set and willing to blame me for keeping the TV on too much (this from the man who falls asleep in front of the TV overnight), I pointed it out that it may possibly be the cheap VCR he has everything attached to. Grumbling, he takes it apart, flinging "I don't know, I don't think that's it" at me every 2nd breath, and unhooks the VCR. Voila! Magically the TV works once again. Without a Thank-You or good morning dear or anything, he's off fielding phonecalls from anxious coworkers wanting their computers fixed becasue they've gone on the fritz and then he's off to get the front tires changed on the car. Let's just say I am thrilled that he is out of the house and won't be back till noon!:dizzy: :lol:

As for me, drinking coffee to try and find my scrambled brains before I eat my scrambled eggs.

Peach nice to see you back hon and nope, not revealing a darn thing ---trade secret!:lol: :lol: :lol:

AdoAnnie 12-31-2001 10:01 AM

Happy New Year's Eve Day Everyone! Today is a "back to reality" day here. DH is back to work and DS is back to basketball practice. He missed 3 while we were gone for Christmas and I am sure that he will pay the price for that===High School doesn't understand family and holidays I'm afraid. I am going to get off of here soon and start "de-Christmasing" the house. I have a "love-hate" relationship with this day. I love to get my house back to normal, but feel the sadness of taking down the decorations. Quiet evening at home for us tonight--bought some wonderful looking steaks for dinner and some shrimp for shrimp cocktail and some champagne. That and watching a video are as exciting as it gets here. DS and I went to see "Lord of the Rings" with my folks in WI. LOVED IT! Hope that doesn't make me a geek, but my DS and I loved those books and the movie lived up to them.:o

Peach--welcome back--glad you had a good time!

Scooby--wish I was done with my Christmas stuff--enjoy that clean desk!

Dottie--my prayers to you and your family. Hope tomorrow is everything you are looking for.

Best wishes to all who follow!!!!

liz321 12-31-2001 11:06 AM

Morning all...well I hate to come on in a mood like this but I'm suffering from a bit of the holiday blues....not so bad, but feeling a bit disappointed about how a few things played out over the holidays....this gall bladder has taken alot out of me, fear of an attack, having an attack, working, kids without enough sleep, lots of stuff to return, not drinking my water, lots of pictures to sort out, a mountain on laundry, feeling run down etc, etc.....just need to complain a bit and then I will get busy and take care of things....will sit down and make a list of things I would like to accomplish before too long....I'll get it done...have a great New Year's and we will talk to you later...Liz in Canada

Sooner or Later 12-31-2001 11:13 AM

Morning Peach, Dottie, Scooby, Leens, Pooky, Baylee, and Annie!

Happy New Year's Eve to you and all to come!

So good to be checking in. The days have been feeling a little strange for the past couple of weeks. Maybe it's the in and out guests/family. Or all the rich food and compulsive running around. A little of the good life goes a long way with me!

Today is my 23rd anniversary! Amazing. Sometimes it feels like I was born married, and sometimes it feels like I'm going to be saying my vows this afternoon. Time is a strange thing. Or maybe I should say that aging makes for a strange perspective on time!

We're having dinner at the little country club here in town w/our neighbors tonight. We've done it the past few years so it seems to be becoming a tradition. It's nice to have this special time together w/people we've known for so long. I love that.

I pray that we are all safe and blessed today, with those we love at least w/in hollering distance!

Love,
Sooner

Sooner or Later 12-31-2001 11:17 AM

Morning Liz!

Missed you on my check in (I was posting while you were). Just want to say, hang in there and hope you're feeling better soon!

Ruthxxx 12-31-2001 11:38 AM

Wow! I am so late! You guys could have been saying nasty words and selling diet pills with no moderator to check! LOL!

Slept until 7 this a.m. and then realized that Gail was coming at 8 so whipped into Fly Lady mode. Little Miss Lucy yipped and howled from 1 to 3 last night so I am short a few hours of sleep. It was the first night without her brother in with her and she was lonesome. I hope tonight is better.

We are definitely staying home tonight as I have one of those dumb colds with the heavy duty cough - you know, where it feels like razor blades in your bra. We were invited to that very elegant dinner party again this year but they will have to make do without my scintillating dinner conversation - or was it the pearls, velvet and cleavage that was the attraction? Somehow I doubt that I will make it staying up until midnight.

I wish everyone a wonderful 2002. It has been just super gettting to know you all this past year.

Hugs

Ruth

AdoAnnie 12-31-2001 01:02 PM

Just taking a break from "DeChristmasing" my house! Whew, what a job!!! All the knickknacks are put away and the tree in the dining room is down--now for the really big one in the living room!!! Groan, I will be too tired to see Rudy Giuliani and Dick Clark tonight!:?:

Liz, hang in there--we're with you!

Sooner, Happy Anniversary!!!!

Ruth, hope you feel better and Lucy sleeps more tonight!

Take care everyone!

Pooky 12-31-2001 01:30 PM

Just a quick check in--Happy Anniversary Sooner!!! :)

JHP 12-31-2001 02:51 PM

Good Morning!

Cold, cold,cold here in Houston. It was 38 degrees when I left for work this morning and the high is only 46. Perfect snuggle weather!

Peach - Welcome back. Glad you had a fun trip.

Pooky - Don't you just love it when you're right?!

Baylee - Doing great. Keep up the good work!

Liz - Hang in there.

Sooner - Happy Anniversary!

Ruth - feel better

Hi dottie, scooby, leens annie and all to come.

Happy New Year! :)
Jennifer

Chickadee 12-31-2001 03:46 PM

Happy Almost New Year my Buddies!

I'm with all of you who said it feels good to be getting back to normal. I'm finally back OP after a week off and I feel so relieved! Can't say that I didn't enjoy all the junk I ate though, because I did, but it got old quick! I'm making some soup right now with leftover Prime Rib.

I am the evil mom today. Sixteen year old DS is mad that we won't let him go to a New Year's Eve party tonight in a small mountain town near here only accessible by treacherous roads. Just because I've never met the person whose party it is, he thinks there's no reason we should object. He even told me that he'd just stay there all night so that I wouldn't have to worry about anyone being drunk and driving. Not in this life!

Psst...ladies, now that the moderator's whacked out on cough syrup and still not paying attention, anybody want to buy some magic diet pills? *imagine a round Chickadee surreptitiously opening a black overcoat* See how well they worked for me?
Aww, Ruth, I have that crappy (is that a nasty word?) cough/cold too and am absolutely sick of it! Hope you feel better soon, and me too.

Cousin Sooner - (I swear we are you know - do you have sisters with names that rhyme?) Happy Anniversary! Have a great time.

Pooky - You know, Peachie wasn't kidding about that nickel. She's good for it, really she is. She actually sent me the one I won in our bet when the Diamondbacks won the world series. You might want to think about it. You could get rich!

Welcome back dear Fluffy (wouldn't it be Fuzzy?) butted Peach. It sounds like you had a great time and I'm glad you're home safe and sound.

I've gotta go, so no more time to post personally, but hope you all have a great start to a great new year!

Your feathered friend
Chickadee