Old 01-18-2003, 01:25 AM   #31  

LOL!!!!! Thanks for the giggles, ladies!!!!! I remember this the 1st time around - so good to revisit it and read the new stuff!!!

So glad that it brought our sweetie Sooner out of Lurksville too!!!

Kel
Old 01-18-2003, 05:54 AM   #32  
she who must be obeyed

How did I miss this the first time. It's waaaayyy too early to laugh like this, my family will think I spiked my coffee.

And Sooner........so good to see you!!

Debbie
Old 01-18-2003, 04:02 PM   #33  

OMG - DH thinks I've lost my mind, I've over here cackling.

Here's one from today. We took DSS to get a haircut and the lady cutting his hair said "Aren't you lucky, mom and dad are both here with you." DSS says "She ain't my mom, She married my dad, but they used to just live together." And then went into more detail... Made me out to be a real homewrecker. He's only 6, so I hope it's just his way of telling the story that screwed it up, caused that's not the way it happened.
Old 01-18-2003, 04:12 PM   #34  
Hang In There

YOU GIRLS GOT ME IN TROUBLE!!! I was reading this at work, and there's a big plate glas window between mine and the Boss's (big bad ole Alvin) He saw me in here laughing so hard he called me on the carpet for not working!!!
Old 01-18-2003, 04:44 PM   #35  
workin' my way back down

OMG..... I read this thread last night when we got home at 11pm - I laughed so hard I almost wet my (fabric!) chair, tears were rolling down my face, I could hardly breathe, and dh came upstairs to see what the heck was so damn funny! I must admit, I let him read some of it - being a man, he just couldn't let me think that HE thought it was as funny as I did, but he surely did chuckle hardy!!!

Chickies, especially you, Peachie, for starting it ..... thanks so much - I REALLY needed that laugh!
Old 01-18-2003, 05:26 PM   #36  
Slimwithin

Cord from hand held mixer drops into cake batter. Without thinking and two bright eyed little angels watching me, I take the cord out of the batter and into my mouth to lick off the goo. Little angels are all agape as Mom's eyes bulge and her hair stands on end from electric current from the cord which is still plugged into the wall on the other end. After finally detatching my tongue from plug and regaining my equilibrium I say "Now, girls, that's something YOU must never do. It's very dangerous".

A batch of berries to be made into jam. I decide Mom's old meat grinder would be a good way to mash the berries but it doesn't work. Decide to use blender instead. Transfer berries to blender, not realizing that a bolt from the now disassembled meat grinder has gotten mixed up with the berries. Turn on blender. Clang, CLANG!!! and something bursts through the glass wall of the blender and across the room and buries itself an inch into the drywall. Berries and broken glass all over counter, floor and me but I'm just so grateful that bolt didn't go flying right into my belly instead of across the room.

There's more but I'm embarrassed enough with that.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:50 PM   #37  
she who must be obeyed

okay..........I'll add one.

I put on a fry-pan with bacon grease in it on the stove to warm up, I was going to fry an egg.

Walked out of the kitchen, saw my neighbor outside, went out to talk to her.

The next thing I know my smoke detector is going off, the one downstairs than as the smoke gets upstairs the one up stairs is going off. Our security system has smoke detection as part of the system. Our security system starts going off, which inclides a siren in the roof of our house.

I walk into the kitchen to see flames coming from the pan..........black smoke billowing around the ceiling.

I run over grab the pan by the handle........God was looking out for me......that handle was not hot. I take the burning fry pan out to the deck, put in on the deck which burns a black mark in my cedar deck.

Because the security alarm has gone off, the alarm company is calling to see what is going on. The lady on the phone wants to know if she should send the fire department. Two smoke dectctors and a siren in the roof are still blasting while I talk to her.......finally get her off the phone and my other neighbor calls to see if everything is okay........in the meantime I'm fanning the one smoke alarm to get the smoke away from it.

Finally get everything somewhat under control and realize the kitchen cabinets my husband has just put a fresh coat of white paint on are black. I clean them the best I can......but they are just not coming clean.

I KNOW..............the left over paint is in the basement. Get the paint, but no paint brush. Being the smart woman I am I use the only thing I can find to paint my kitchen cabinets............a pastry brush!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2003, 11:22 PM   #38  

OMG - Deb, you were lucky!!!!

Here's ONE of mine from a looooong time ago:
I'm very early 20's working in an office. 10 office people (workers and supervisors, male & female) are huddled around talking about the new office cubicles to be installed. Everyone is talking 10 by 12, 18 feet, 6 by 8, etc. I decide to join in the conversation by saying that I've never been good with measurements. I say that when I invision 18 feet I think about laying three 6 foot men...... dead silence around me then everyone cracks up before I get to explain that I mean, like, have three 6 foot men lay down on the floor head to foot! OMG, I was soooo embarrassed I turned 8 shades of red and wanted the floor to open up and swallow me.

Kel
Old 01-20-2003, 10:28 PM   #39  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

just love this thread!! thanks girls!