Old 11-17-2001, 07:36 AM   #1  
Big Loser

Default Saturday/Sunday November 17 & 18

Good Saturday morning all!!! Gotta make coffee, more later!!!!
Old 11-17-2001, 07:49 AM   #2  
Big Loser

Okay, much better I have coffee now, DH and my brother just left on their annual hunting trip to the mountains. I am sure the deer are already getting frightened at the thought of their arrival.(HA)

My brothers dog is visiting with us for the week, 75 lb Boxer and 2 dachsunds should be interesting.

Is everyone ready for Turkey day? I still have some shopping to do, my parents and one of my other brothers are coming for the week.

I am on vacation from work this week and plan to finish Christmas shopping and get generally caught up on everything Ihave been neglecting.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.!!!!
Old 11-17-2001, 07:58 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Scooby2 and Chickies to follow.

I woke at 3 - dumb! - and got up at 4 - dumber! Now I feel like a nap. I have not been sleeping well the past few months. I wake up for a pee and can't get back to sleep - lots of fretting going on. So dumb to fuss about things you can't control.

Remember when we ripped up the Church floor in March? Well, FINALLY today is the day the hole will probably be filled in as in boarded over. As I write, the guys are in Brockville buying wood! Talk about a photo finish! Country Christmas is next weekend and it sure will be nice not to have to worry about somebody falling into a hole! It seems the guys have been "discussing" the problem for months and are finally doing it. I had to nag just a little bit and bribe them with a promise of homemade pizzas today. Sometimes a thumb in the bum works better than a carrot on a stick!

Hey, didja see the news from Tippy? Nice to know her physical heart is OK - never had any doubts about her other heart. And Scooby2 has her babies back! Has anyone heard anything from Kirei?

DH is off to Brockville this a.m. to get a piece for his turntable - the man still has records he likes to play! That gives me the morning to do home stuff. Retirement is great but I do need time just for myself sometimes. I will do a bit more wrapping and some telephoning while all is peaceful.

I hate to whine again but I really REALLY miss my dog! The pups are getting bigger and will probably start lapping food from a pan next week. That is such a riot! They stand in it, pee in it, fight over it and finally get it all figured out! As soon as they are eating properly, they will be weaned, Hershey will be dried up and can come home. The best thing to "dry her up" is to get her away from those little babes. I'm hoping she is home by early December. We won't be getting our puppy until after Christmas - in fact she has not yet been evaluated and selected yet. I am trying hard not to fall in love with any particular female pup!

Better go get something done - I have been up for 4 hours! What a sloth!

Have a great weekend.
Old 11-17-2001, 08:46 AM   #4  

It sounds like there is a war going on behind our barn! It's the first day of deer hunting! Our yard has the usual two or three trucks as the neighbors park and walk back to the swamp. They caught me at my glamourous best yesterday when they stopped in to see if they could use our driveway. I had just washed my hair,it was wrapped in a towel, no makeup and my grubbiest clothes!
We went to the local tavern for dinner last night and my DD, Zookeeper and family met us there. The place was full of our neighbors! It's a typical country bar in that children can be in there with no worry about foul language.
We're going shopping later...if that lazy DH ever gets out of bed! I have to stock up on animal crackers since my grandchildren are visiting me on Tuesday while DD goes some errands. Gonna pop a Muppets video in for them.
Did I tell you that DH bought the complete set of the Muppets series that was advertised on TV? Yup! It shows that we will never grow up! They were popular back when we were dating and we just loved watching them.
Well, gonna go and molest that man. See you later!
Old 11-17-2001, 10:56 AM   #5  

Good Morning everyone

Tippy, it's always a good thing to be a kid at heart, makes you want to stay young if only the age tells the real truth!

Ruth, I figure you're not sleeping well becasue your routine has been disrupted. You loved tramping out in the meadow with Hershey and she's not there to do that with. Don't worry hon, it will be soon and you'll feel much better!

Scooby, I know how you feel. Sometimes it doesn't feel like there are enough hours in the day! I have a few more things to do for Christmas gifts myself and this weekend is decorate the house with Christmas stuff weekend. Two weeks from now it's go and get the tree day. Where does all the time go?

I am taking a few moments to myself this moring to relax and focus on what I need to do. I finally have the right lights for my house so dh is going to install them later. Other than that it's hauling up the Christmas boxes and surveying what I have.

Have a great weeekend everyone!
Old 11-17-2001, 11:10 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Kids,

Going shopping and actually buying a couch this time haaaaaaaaa!
Have a wonderful Weekend chickie phoo phhoooo's haaaaaaaaaa!

Yeah I feel silly........a natural high LOL.

Love Yah
Leens
Old 11-17-2001, 01:11 PM   #7  

Wow I feel like I came to the party and everyone is already gone. Thats what I get for fiddleing on a Sat. morning. Just got breakfast over with! And looks its noon. Everyone is scareing me about wrapping gifts getting things ready for Christmas. And wooo I'm behind..... Have to go Wed. out of town and hopefully will get some wrapping paper then and a few boxes and start in. Have been doing some stuff through Toysrus for the Grandkids... Wooo ieeee. We're getting ready for the Craft Fair we're taking our dolls to next week-end. Hope we sell some.... Well everyone have a great week-end..... Toni
Old 11-17-2001, 01:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Good afternoon, fellow hens!

Slept sinfully late this morning, 10 a.m. I'm surprised my DD didn't wake me 75 times to tell me about cartoons. Had to get some rest this morning, sister and a ton of friends are taking me out tonight to the Comedy House, the 10:30 show. Ugh! Won't be home til 1 or 2, then I was planning to get up at 5 to watch the meteor shower. It's supposed to peak here at 5:10 a.m. Should be a very pretty sight.

Shopped for groceries and lots of low-carb goodies today, so should be no problem staying OP today. Have some sewing to do, my baby is wider than she is tall, and have to take up every pair of pants I buy her or else she walks on the hems. The doctor tells me every visit that she isn't overweight, but I have my doubts. What 4 year old wears a size 7/8 in little girls? I remember the 4T's of last year! Over the summer it was 6X and now those are so tight they cut the circulation off to her feet! Oh, well, love her anyway.

Everyone sounds like they're going to have a busy day, hope you take some time out for yourself! Have a great weekend!
Old 11-17-2001, 02:15 PM   #9  
A new Mom

Hi all... today is a FlyLady day for me... (Now I actually know what that means!! ) I even put on my lace up shoes today... (now I remember why they were at the BACK of my closet).

I gained 4.5# this week at weigh in, but I was really constipated as disgusting as that is to talk about. I'm back down to what I was last week on my scale at home so I'm not going to update my sig weight.

Leens... Natural high... I thought maybe it was one of those "lack of sleep giddiness" highs that new moms often get. I hope you find a couch you like.

Toni... I'm with you.. the talk of WRAPPING christmas presents is giving me the shakes... you see, the stores tend to frown on my wrapping things up BEFORE I actually buy them...

Goodforme... what about trying to only offer good quality carbs to your dd? Maybe that might help her. I wouldn't put her on any kind of diet... just see if she can eat more proteins and veggies and try to get away from the refined carbs if you haven't already.

Everyone else... {{hugs}} have a great day!

Lara
Old 11-18-2001, 07:30 AM   #10  
Big Loser

Happy Sunday to all!!!

DS got up way early this am. He is usually a sleeper. Of course he would get up early today, I watched the meteor show and was up at 4:30. I just got to sleep again and he was standing by the bed. YUK! Ishould get motivated and go to church, I just can't seem to get past having to feed and dress to kids under 4 by 8:30 in order to make it. Maybe the evening service would be better!!!!!

Nothing planned today very exciting, I still have a few bulbs to plant, the box doesn't seem to have a bottom!!

Have a return visit to the doctor tommorrow morning to get the results of all my blood work. Should be interesting.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 11-18-2001, 10:11 AM   #11  

Talking Hi again

I am working on cupa java number two. Finally have a day off, I am back here with a new user name. Great to see some familiar names.
I was Virginia Lady. Have resumed low carb and love the support I know I will have here!!
Old 11-18-2001, 10:39 AM   #12  

Good morning all- Here it is Sunday and I'm sorry I missed the meteor show.... Darn!!!! I was sleeping away. But at 6:30 popped awake and have been up since. Drank my gallon of coffee already so I'm wound up and ready to go!! LIAR... Worked getting my sweet dolls ready for the craft show next week-end. They look so precious and feel so much like a real baby. Each one I just love. We display them in a crib so today I'll need to starch and iron the dust ruffle for it and stuff and then get everything kind of organized. Ha ha..... I'm so hopeing we sell some....

Heard guns going off early this morning. Boo hoo deer season and thats probably what woke me up....Gee the older I get the more pitiful I am......

Did a little shopping on-line last night. My little sweet daughter-in law wants a sexy harley davidson shirt. Now where the heck am I going to get that in a rural town in Missouri? LOL!!!! And I can't seem to find one on-line. But I'm trying.....

Hope you got your couch Leens.

Everyone have a great day...... Keeping my fingers crossed for when I weigh in tomorrow. Really have stayed OP.....
Old 11-18-2001, 02:13 PM   #13  
A new Mom

Hi all... I'm on my way out to buy the bird for Thursday but stopped to check the boards first....

Toni... ask and ye shall receive... go here for your ddil'sSexy Harley Davidson Shirt The other place to check is your most local Harley Davidson shop... there must be one SOMEWHERE around you...

Lara
Old 11-18-2001, 06:28 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Yup we ordered a couch and rocker recliner........prices are unbelievable...almost fell over lololol.......this couch better last us forever haaaa. Its from Lazyboy and the color is Rosewood (like a soft pink). It matches the flowers in my carpet. SO I"M HAPPY lololol......first new couch since I'm married 12 years lololol. Hey little things do make me happy. But 8 - 10 weeks before it comes aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. haaahaaa

Love Leens
Old 11-18-2001, 08:59 PM   #15  

Lara Thank you for the site.... And guess what my DDIL's name is Laura. Weird huh. Bookmarked it and will check it out tomorrow. Thanks again....

Leens- I'm so glad you got new furniture... Sounds nice....Maybe in time for Christmas!!!

Good luck Scooby on your blood results....