3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   Teeth: implant /bridge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/315055-teeth-implant-bridge.html)

lemonthyme 02-08-2018 10:42 AM

Teeth: implant /bridge

I figured I’d ask here as I have some time. I have baby teeth yet at this age and as I age I’ve been told they will eventually fail. Options I have been given are:

1) do nothing (not recommended)

2) one side has no filing on front facing tooth so it’s to just be implant - crown

3) the other side has fillings on both surrounding teeth so it would be a crown- bridge -crown

Same on other level one side

I guess what I’m asking is I know there is a lot of time in regards to implants and cost. I loathe getting crowns (I hate the temp caps, I hate the amount of numbing etc). I have never had an implant.

I’d like to know if anyone here has done:

crown-bridge-crown and if it causes issues for eating or speech or catching food underneath as time goes along?

In regards to implants: does the body ever reject this being done? Do you have to worry with time of ongoing damage or not chewing on that side?

Finally - cost approximate - I know either option should be expensive. A single crown depending on finish is $1000 and up if I recall give or take. Insurance covers 50% of this but I’ve also have yearly dental limits. I also recently saw on our paperwork that they are covering implants to some degree but I don’t have that in front of me.

Let me know if you have done either of these methods - do you find you have problems since them being fixed? Would you do one or the other?

TIA!

Wannabehealthy 02-08-2018 09:44 PM

I have had a few crowns and never had any problems with them at all but I know of people who have had them fall out and have to have them put back in. I have one on the side, and I can't even figure out which tooth it is, that's how good it blends in with my natural teeth. I know nothing about implants. I'm sorry that no one has responded to share their experience with this. Maybe you could google and find information online to answer your questions. This is probably going to cost a lot of money so you're best to know what to expect. Unfortunately, the dentist is probably going to advise you do do what will be most profitable for him.

If it was me and I was young, (I don't know your age) I would probably look into going with implants because I think they would be the most like your own teeth, and you're looking at a lot of years ahead with them. If this is not an urgent matter, maybe you could save up some money for a while before having it done then the expense won't be all at once.

Good luck to you.

lemonthyme 02-09-2018 09:21 AM

Thanks for the reply! I just thought maybe with a cross section of people that maybe someone would have some thoughts or experience. Aging is a pain! I’m sure the dentist is giving me the info that will help his bottom line. I know it won’t be a cheap venture that’s for sure. Thank you for taking the time to post back. I’ll have to continue searching out thoughts on such.