3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   Kind of odd question.. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/302540-kind-odd-question.html)

strongerlizzy 02-22-2015 06:26 PM

Kind of odd question..

So..my odd question..I have heavier legs. I know my thighs will reduce as I eventually slim down, but I was wondering if anyone has had any loss in their calves? I have large calves and I always want to wear those knee high boots, but even with the wide ones, they are tight. Anyone else see a difference in that area? :?:

Diamondonalandmine 02-25-2015 02:05 AM

Yes you will see a difference. Even the shoe size can get smaller.:hug:

Beka 02-25-2015 06:31 PM

Yup. You will become smaller everywhere.

Jesslan Rose 02-26-2015 05:42 PM

Definitely! Mine sure have!

TheSatinPumpkin 03-01-2015 03:02 PM

Yep on the calves and i agree with the shoe size. went from 13.5 to 11.

belovedspirit 03-10-2015 02:35 PM

Yep! I've lost weight in my calves. :)

Not still life 06-26-2015 05:39 AM

Absolutely. I always had full calves and can no longer wear the gorgeous pair I had stretched to fit at my highest -- they are far too wide.

LovelyLeah 06-27-2015 10:08 AM

Even at my lightest I still couldn't wear those kind of boots because I have cankles. It seems less about fat and more about how my muscles are situated on my ankles. Even my really skinny sister has the same problem.

valid28 06-27-2015 12:28 PM

Yes, I have thick calves and couldn't fit them into knee high boots before. You will definitely lose weight from all over. I bought a pair of knee high boots as soon as my calves went down in size. One of the best non-scale victories that have happened for me so far.

kisskiss 06-27-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strongerlizzy (Post 5134996)
So..my odd question..I have heavier legs. I know my thighs will reduce as I eventually slim down, but I was wondering if anyone has had any loss in their calves? I have large calves and I always want to wear those knee high boots, but even with the wide ones, they are tight. Anyone else see a difference in that area? :?:

yes, I did. I used to wear the wide-calf knee high boots from torrid or avenue, and even some of those were tight! But, not I can definitely wear regular knee high boots easily :D

Lunula 07-16-2015 01:28 PM

Yep, I always dreamed of wearing stylish boots, but could rarely find a pair to fit over my calves (I've always had larger, more muscular calves & thighs, even at 130 lbs) - when I did find ones that fit, they were almost never a style I remotely liked.

I went on a few shopping sprees, but two years after losing, when I was at about 150, I had to travel for work up to NYC and to London over the winter months and I needed a lot of nice work clothes. I went shoe shopping and for the heck of it, I tried on some boots - and they fit over my calves! In fact, every pair I tried on fit over my calves (though some were tight) - I ended up buying 2 pair.

To me, my calves don't look any different - but in fact, I probably lost a few inches off of them. My shoe size didn't change, but I know that from 200 lbs down to 150 lbs, I lost 3.4" from my thighs - wish I had taken calf measurements, too!