Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-18-2014, 07:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

I would follow the fashion blogger Gabi Fresh. She has a lot of great of fashion advice for plus size girls! She is very into dressing for you body type, LOVE her!

http://www.gabifresh.com/

She just started a plus size swimsuit line that is really awesome. You might of heard of it last year the fatkini? That was her!
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:33 AM   #17  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

As long as you don't get a muffin top and your clothes are not too small, nothing is off limits.

I absolutely hate when people try squeezing into stuff that is clearly too small on them.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:45 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

If it fits, wear it!

If you're not sure if it fits right, I recommend marathoning What Not to Wear That will definitely teach you what a good fit looks like.

My biggest pet peeve on fit that people seem to think they can get away with is cardigans and blazers that don't button right. If it's too small to button all the way, either don't wear it or wear it open. Buttoning all but the bottom two buttons not only doesn't fool anyone, it draws attention to the fact that your clothes don't fit. Either make sure it buttons 100% before you buy it, or never button it at all. Period.
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #19  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i think it's really two different questions here:

how do i tell if i'm too fat to wear something?.....when I can't put it on....when it doesn't button up...when it fits like a second skin/sausage casing

comfort is an entirely other matter...and i personally wear what i find comfortable...because if i'm self-conscious wearing it out in public, or if i'm constantly tugging or re-adjusting my clothes, or i feel claustrophobic in something tight but flattering...i simply don't wear those any more...

and i'm extremely picky about what i buy in clothes because if i am not truly comfortable in it, it's just better use of my money that i just don't buy it to start with
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:22 AM   #20  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

You shouldn't wear something if it makes you feel uncomfortable. If you love how you look in it and strangers judge, that's their problem, not yours.

I would be aware of where you're wearing things and maybe not wear a tiny minidress to a funeral, but at the end of the day if you look in the mirror and feel like a million bucks, that's what you should be wearing.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #21  
Finding my mind :)

S/C/G: HW:194 189.6/175.2/127

Height: 5'6"

Agreeing with all those who say it's about how you feel. I also agree about highlighting your best features and downplaying things that you feel self-conscious about. I for one never wear shorts or dresses that are above knee length since my thighs are just not my best feature and I feel super, super self-conscious showing them. (I heart Maxi dresses!) I couldn't understand why for the longest time designers made every skirt and dress in super short length. Now I see more knee length things so thank goodness that is coming back in style. Meanwhile I love my collarbone and shoulder area so I rock halters all summer long.

Last edited by nostoneunturned; 04-28-2014 at 02:31 PM.
nostoneunturned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #22  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

I definitely agree that if you don't feel mentally comfortable in something, don't wear it. However - sometimes you have to break that rule and go out of your comfort zone, because if you don't, you may never realize that you should feel amazing in, for example, that miniskirt!

Whenever I wear a kinda short dress or skirt, I'm constantly paranoid that my butt is showing (big butt problems?) even if I've checked it at every angle and it's 6 inches below my bum. But now and then I'll put on a short dress and suck it up, as long as a friend has told me I look great and need to put the anxiety to rest. Eventually I get comfortable in that piece of clothing. If that makes sense.

Last edited by nonameslob; 04-28-2014 at 02:52 PM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #23  

I ask my sisters how it looks on me. They will always be honest with me no matter what.
angie828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #24  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaruchan View Post
You shouldn't wear something if it makes you feel uncomfortable. If you love how you look in it and strangers judge, that's their problem, not yours.

I would be aware of where you're wearing things and maybe not wear a tiny minidress to a funeral, but at the end of the day if you look in the mirror and feel like a million bucks, that's what you should be wearing.
AMEN SISTER!
Olivia7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #25  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

It's a tricky thing. I don't wear mini skirts or sleeveless tops, or expose my midriff so I guess my outfits are pretty "weight safe" but I do like tight clothes and that's where I have to take a second look and think how I feel in those clothes. For example before I started dieting I was wearing this skinny jeans and I did not realize how they made my thighs look fat and jiggly. I noticed this walking in front of a full body mirror at Target. I felt AWFUL! Nobody was giving me any weird looks but I felt that my body wasn't right for those pants, or that those pants were right for my body. And stopped wearing them.

Sometimes people do wear things that earn them funny looks because they do look plain ridiculous even if they don't care (which, really, good for them if they don't care! but I'm of a different mindset and I like to respect others by dressing in a manner that doesn't result obnoxious to their sight). Anyhow, where was I? Oh, yeah, sometimes our outfits choices are subtle and if we care what others will think (which I do) that's where your choices come in. If we feel comfortable and we don't think we're being ridiculous, then I say go for it!
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

LOL, I agree with most of the posters... you should be comfortable physically & mentally. There's no point tottering around on high heels if you can't make it from your door to the car without looking like some newborn deer or breaking your ankle.
Also, if you are rockin' the mini, you'd darn well better practice getting in & out of a vehicle (we all remember Britney S.) and swooping (not bending over) to pick something up.
Sausage casings only look good on sausages, form fitting is more flattering. I loved What Not to Wear... Stacey & Clinton were great together and helped so many improve their look. I google Walmart People for a shocking peek at what REALLY not to wear.
Please don't wear fuzzy jammie pants out of your house or those horrifying garden clog Crocs anywhere but your back garden... just sayin.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

I google Walmart People for a shocking peek at what REALLY not to wear.

canadjineh, I just pulled up this website...nearly wetting myself! And the commentary...just PRICELESS! Reminds me of the fabulous Cake Wrecks site! Thanks for the Friday laugh! I needed it.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:25 AM   #28  
www.EscapeFromFatCity.com

S/C/G: 190/184.5/???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Remember, clothes are inanimate objects, they exist solely for the purpose of making YOU look good, they are not made so that you can make THEM look good got it??
As a fashion-impaired gal, let me say this is probably the best piece of fashion advice I've ever heard. Thank you!!
EscapeKitty is offline   Reply With Quote