Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #1  

Default HELP! wedding clothes, ugh :\

Am an invited guest to a 3 pm April afternoon wedding. No specifics on dress, just stated no gifts (3rd marriage for both, i think)

i could not find a dress that i liked so i bought dress slacks. I post on another forum (makeupalley) and the fashion board is pretty brutal, LOL and i think they prefer a dress to slacks but a few said it was ok to wear dress slacks.

i don't know what kind of heels to buy for these, let me know what y'all think and of the slacks... Even at goal i hate shopping, have no fashion sense

Last edited by 3fcuser291505109; 04-03-2014 at 08:16 PM.
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

I like the ones on the right because they're sparkly!

What are you wearing on top? With black trousers, I often try to wear heels that match my top, for example pink heels with a pink top. I love being co-ordinated!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:01 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I think the both shoes are fine and so are the slacks but given your weight, its a pity you don't want to dress more pretty. You'd look good in pretty much anything.

What top are you going to wear?

But for me the shoes i like the most are the ones on the left. You will probably have more opportunity to wear them again. Actually can you buy a spare pair for me. I really like them.

I like leaves suggestion though.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:58 AM   #4  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

While the ones on the right are more sparkly I think the ones on the left would be safer. The broader straps make for more stability and less "cutting into the feet" sensation.

If you are anything like me, I would also prefer the slightly wider heel on the left shoe. More stability and is any part of this wedding outside? You won't sink into the ground as much with a wider heel.

You can also bling up the shoe if you want the extra sparkle....and you can mix in a few hues that will match your top will help you with a coordinated look to satisfy the fashion junkies.

Last edited by nibog; 04-04-2014 at 06:59 AM.
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm not against pants but those can be tricky to pass off as dressy enough. The top would have to be super flirty in order not to look like you're going to a business meeting, like a silk halter top or a strapless satin top. Ultimately as long as the pants do not cling on your thigh, it should be ok. I'd go with the shoes on the right, they say "Occasion!"
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #6  

Thanks, everyone

It's my best friends ex who's friends with my husband, i don't really want to go (i think it's the 3rd marriage for the ex) and it's an afternoon wedding indoors, all the invite said was no gifts. Of course i know one needs to dress up but i live in a small town and i tried on what we have here (Kohls) and no real nice dresses that looked good on me And the wedding's in a week!! So yes i have to find a top and shoes and i'm broke!! So i basically have 3 things against me--time, lack of money (well i'm putting it on a CC, have no choice), and somewhat lack of choices.

The pants are nice black slacks that are flowy and don't click to my thighs at all. I'd want a real dressy top though of course and i'm fretting because even though i'm now slender, i'm completely out of the loop when it comes to fashion and UGH WHAT do i wear under those slacks?? I don't want a thong UGH. I also have to think of some different underwear to buy (oh the cost of going to a wedding!) and what will look good under those pants as they are a bit snug in the rear but the rest looks great
Old 04-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #7  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like it is pretty casual for a wedding if the reception is in the afternoon.

At Kohl's for a top, I'd go with a brand like Simply Vera. Elle, Daisy Fuentes and Jennifer Lopez might also have something that would work. Maybe even Dana Buchman. I'd look for a silky material.

This looks really pretty and a bit sexy! http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-163...ssover-top.jsp Just add some flashy jewelry and a colorful shawl and you're good to go.

Obviously they won't have everything I'm seeing online in store, but just my suggestions. I live in a small where Kohl's is really the only clothing store too so I know it quite well. Oh, and I personally like the sparkly shoe, but if you're gonna be doing any dancing I'd go with what's more comfortable.

I'm not exactly the most fashion-conscious person in the world so take this with a grain of salt...

Last edited by nonameslob; 04-04-2014 at 01:30 PM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
Sounds like it is pretty casual for a wedding if the reception is in the afternoon.

At Kohl's for a top, I'd go with a brand like Simply Vera. Elle, Daisy Fuentes and Jennifer Lopez might also have something that would work. Maybe even Dana Buchman. I'd look for a silky material.

This looks really pretty and a bit sexy! http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-163...ssover-top.jsp Just add some flashy jewelry and a colorful shawl and you're good to go.

Obviously they won't have everything I'm seeing online in store, but just my suggestions. I live in a small where Kohl's is really the only clothing store too so I know it quite well. Oh, and I personally like the sparkly shoe, but if you're gonna be doing any dancing I'd go with what's more comfortable.

I'm not exactly the most fashion-conscious person in the world so take this with a grain of salt...
I love that shirt! Dramatic earrings would look great with that, the pants, and the shoes.

This one is cute too LINK or LINK since I like that kind of interesting old school neck detail.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #9  

OK i got these They're cream colored

Old 04-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

In Australia day time weddings and receptions are very common.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Definitely DEFINITELY definitely wear a blouse with a waist! Boxy blouses on pants like those will only make you look heavier than you are. With those cream-colored heels I highly recommend a cream-colored blouse. An idea might be to add a splash of color/interest with a statement necklace.
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

OMG-I want to run to Kohls and buy those cream shoes!! They're super pretty!

The solid black blouse someone posted above is really nice! I like to go with statement necklaces rather than earrings sometimes, just because my hair gets in the way and you can never see them. Stament necklaces are just out there are draw attention nicely Have fun!!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm6 View Post
OMG-I want to run to Kohls and buy those cream shoes!! They're super pretty!
I actually got those at Payless!! For about $25 and yes i love them, too. They'd be fabulous on a summer evening, they also had black but because we're in Spring the cream called to me

Ok here's what i chose... i found a pinky cream colored top in my closet (same color as my heels) that is kind of silk material and has ribbons running horizontal through it and tiny pearls so i think it's dressy enough--hey i don't even want to go to this wedding and i don't think it's too fancy but this is what i'm wearing and it'll have to do. I don't know whether i should tuck it in or not, it feels kind of weird tucked in. I don't have a statement necklack but do have gold dangley earrings, idk if i should buy a necklace or not, kind of wanting to save $$
Also the pants are not tight, just have heavy upper thighs and a lot of loose skin from the weight loss
Tucked in:

Last edited by 3fcuser291505109; 04-07-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

I would say tucked in- I've always been a tucked out kind of girl until now, but recently I've found that I like things in more. Shows off your waist and stops you getting that weird pokey-out bit where the button or zip is- I hate that
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Beautiful. I like it untucked. Add a pop of color either with a bangle or a purse or a scarf or even a bold lipstick. If it's chilly a sparkly cardigan or a blazer will do.

I know you said you don't feel like going but do try to enjoy yourself, you're not going for a root canal after all! Food, drinks, conversation, take advantage of the opportunity to have a good time.

Last edited by Palestrina; 04-08-2014 at 07:08 AM.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote