A good brand of lip balm?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I haven't used it since I was a kid. But today my lips got chapped both top and bottom were bleeding... A lot. I literally am typing this with a paper towel in my mouth.this has never happened to me before. Any lip balm suggests? I'm gonna go buy some today.
  • EOS is my fave. Or Burt Bees.
  • When I use lip balm too much I find that my lips get drier...so I try to limit it with the Nivea brand of lip balm, and before bed, I slather coconut oil on my lips. They stay quite soft that way.
  • I'm liking Carmex right now.
  • aquaphor! It's meant for babies and diaper rashes/broken skin. They make a lip balm tube of it, but you can buy it in any container. I put it on my lips and it's awesome. Wearing some right now in fact.
  • I love TokyoMilk brand! You can get it online or at Sephora It's in a little circular container. It's $6 or $7 but lasts forever. I've been using the same pot since this summer. Very thick, not sticky, and absorbs well. I also have super dry lips- plus I tend to bite my lip a lot, so mine need a lot of help.
  • I really like Burts Bees.
  • Burt's Bee's burns if your lips are cracked, at least that's what I've found. I've had the best luck with pure shea butter (a little goes a long way), EoS (I love the green melon one Honeysuckle Honeydew I think it's called) but EoS is a little bulky to keep in pocket. I got http://www.drugstore.com/blistex-nur...2?catid=183855 in a gift pack for Christmas, and it is by far the nicest one I've used.
  • Aquafina or regular the Chapstick brand works the best for me. Also, cheap as it is, Vaseline works quite well. About anything with cocoa butter as one the first couple ingredients works well.
  • You can buy mini pots of Vaseline. That's what we use when my daughter has had a really bad cold and her nose and mouth have become really chapped and painful (nose blowing and mouth breathing). Day to day, when not in crisis mode, pretty much anything works. But when it's really bad, you just want to cover it with something thick and keep it protected. Vaseline is your friend.
  • Badger Cocoa Butter lip balm is my absolute favourite. Burt's Bees and EOS are also alright, but not as good as the Badger!
  • Quote: You can buy mini pots of Vaseline. That's what we use when my daughter has had a really bad cold and her nose and mouth have become really chapped and painful (nose blowing and mouth breathing). Day to day, when not in crisis mode, pretty much anything works. But when it's really bad, you just want to cover it with something thick and keep it protected. Vaseline is your friend.
    ^^ This. Nothing bets Vaseline.

For "going out and want a touch of color" gloss, I love Neutrogena and Burt's Bees. EOS is ok but doesn't last.
  • Aquaphor
  • Hey everyone! Thanks for the help! I went to a store that ended up having a very limited selection. Mostly Chapstick brand. So I got Chapstick 8 hour moisture locked. Helped so much! By the time I went to bed they were still chapped but no where near as bad! Today they are almost completely healed-still slightly chapped but barely! Yay! I need to start using this stuff. Don't want that to happen again! Thanks everyone!
  • Eos! It is amazing and comes in the trendiest container.