Store you're most excited to shop in?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Does anyone else have any stores they can't currently fit in and can't wait to be able to shop in?

For me, I can't wait to buy lingerie and sleepwear from Victoria's Secret. I'd also like to be able to fit into Jacob, and Banana Republic. I'd also like to be able to fit into jeans at the Gap. And I wanna go wild in American Eagle.
  • Any store that isn't Pennington's or Addition-elle. My cities plus sized clothing stores are rather limited. I'm just about able to fit into some of Targets bigger sizes, So I am really looking forward to that. I find that Wal-Marts plus size stuff is generally just a big box and never fit right. Rarely I will get lucky and find something decent. I hate clothes shopping. I hate that I am forced to spend unreasonable amounts on clothing due to my size and limiting shopping choices. 40-50 dollars for a t-shirt. 90+ for jeans. Give me a break.
  • I got a gift card to Macy's for my birthday that I'm really looking forward to using. I never shopped ere before, because I couldn't justify spending that much on clothes that did didn't look very good on my obese body. I'm still working on losing some more, but I might just buy myself a pair of fantastic jeans soon!
  • Any store in little Tokyo CA! Japan has the best fashion!
  • J. Crew. Even when I was a size 14, their size 14 was still too small. The store near me rarely carried size 14, so I was usually out of luck anyway.

Express is another one. I shopped there back when I was thin, but by the time I hit a Large at other stores, I could no longer fit into anything at Express. When I was a Size 4 or 6 at Gap or Ann Taylor, I was a 10 at Express. It crushed me when I couldn't fit into Express's largest size (12). I felt like such a failure.
  • I'm so excited to be able to comfortably wear clothes from Forever21 and Papaya and have them look flattering.
    I'm too small for 21+ and usually too big for their normal sizes, but sometimes (like 60% of the time) I'll fit properly into an XL.
  • Victoria Secret and Red Dress Boutique(online). But honestly, I just want to be able to walk in a store and not worry about not fitting.
  • Ann Taylor and Banana Republic for work. But, honestly it would be awesome to walk into any store that I happen to come about and find something fantastic in my size.
  • I'm already at goal... But would like to chime in that I now love Victoria's Secret and Gap. Have also found great outfits at Garage, and dresses at Nordstrom Rack. Kohls frustrates me most of the time trying to find something, but I found a SWEET Chaps dress there last week on clearance and I had Kohls cash & rewards, so it cost nothing out of pocket.
  • Victoria Secret...and to actually look good in their lingerie, as opposed to looking like a ham in a rubber band like I do now!
  • Anthropologie -- I love those quirky dresses. One of these days....
  • I don't know what I'm most excited about long term, but at the moment I've been finding some lovely things at Ann Taylor. It's just so nice to have choices again and not have to make do with the only plus size store in the mall!
  • Great answers everybody! Now I have even more stores I'll need to shop at.

I thought of a few more as well. I'd love to be able to shop at Lululemon. While I absolutely don't agree with what the CEO said, I do think that the clothes is adorable.

Also, Modcloth. Yes, I know they have plus sizes. But if I'm going to spend that kind of money I want it to look REALLY good on me. And the smaller sizes have so many more options.
  • Free People and Anthropologie. I can already wear some of their clothes but not all the ones I really want.
  • I want to be able to fit into skimpy jeans at Guess and then not buy them anyway! Muah ah ahhhh- one time in high school, I walked in and the girl took one look at me and went "...the sales are in the back"...

I WAS FLABBERGASTED! lol fair enough, I WAS looking for the sales but don't be such a twat about it! So, I want to go in there, ready to buy some skimpy white top and skinny jeans and then walk out, like Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman". lol!