Large Bodies... Large Heads... Large Hats

• I have a very large head. My hat size is 7 7/8. That's 24.5 inches. Most hats are size 7 or 22 inches. For years I searched for pretty hat in extra large sizes. The only things I could find were special order knit caps on Etsy. I always wanted a straw hat with a big floppy brim. But whenever I searched for big hats online, I would only find men's designs. This summer I tried another search. This time I found a beautiful hat at an online store that fit my wants but the sizing was for a 24 inch head. I was so sad. I looked up the manufacturer and it turns out they offer the hat in up to size 8! I ordered it and it is fantastic. It's a simple straw hat. I've tied cream lace around it and have received a lot of compliments. If you have a larger head, I highly recommend Sun Body hats.

I don't have enough posts yet to link to the site. But you can Google "Sun Body hats" to get to it.
  • Thanks for the tip! I, too, have a large head. I've never measured, I just know that 9 out of 10 hats I try on, I cannot wear. Years ago I found a cute straw hat at Walmart. That hat has been a lifesaver. I always say that if I lost it or ruined it, I would be sunk -- where would I find another? Good to know about this site in case the need arises.
  • I just noticed this company is based here in Texas! Which hat did you get? There are several pretty ones.
  • Oh sweet! I have a big head too. I'm not sure of the size. I've been needing a good straw hat forever but I just gave up on trying to find one.
  • Very cool site. Here's the link: Sunbody
  • I bought the 6 inch brim with 5.25 crown.

http://www.sunbody.com/index.cfm/pro...d-palm-hat.cfm

It's a sturdy hat. It's actually an unshaped cowboy hat. I removed the black band and put on a cream lace tie. I feel so protected when I go out in the sun. The shipping was quick. I will definitely order from them again.

Here's a pic of me in the hat with my little friend Hazel.

• Nice! That looks great on you!