3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   I don't want a flat butt!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/283613-i-dont-want-flat-butt.html)

livelaughlovesunshin 06-17-2013 07:57 PM

I don't want a flat butt!!

I know in the grand scheme of things, it's not important at all but really right now it is important to me. LOL
Before I gained weight I had a big booty, I gained weighed all over except my butt if that makes sense. Now that I am losing weight, I notice that the back of my pants where my leg meets my bum is really baggy. :dizzy::dizzy:

amandie 06-17-2013 08:04 PM

Are you sure it isn't just the style of the pants themselves?

I kinda have a flat butt but if I wear the right type of pants, it can make me look like I have actually have a butt, lol. I tend to gravitate to skinny-type jeans for that reason since I haven't really found any other styles (yet) that will give me what I want.

No one wants a flat booty either! :)

EagleRiverDee 06-17-2013 08:15 PM

Do Squats/Lunges.

Seriously. It's the booty-perker-upper.

dragonstar85 06-17-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee (Post 4774134)
Do Squats/Lunges.

What she said! My fear when losing weight was losing my booty so I started doing those along with everything else I was doing. My butt stayed. In fact now it looks bigger cause I'm getting smaller everywhere else (bonus for me!).

Only Believe 06-17-2013 09:27 PM

What if you carry more weight in that area? Are squats ok to do or a no no? What exercises reduce?.. it's perky enough LOL

Skinnyminnie Wannabe 06-17-2013 10:11 PM

Thanks for the tip! I've got a tummy that sticks out too much and a butt that's on the flat side. This will be helpful toward achieving my figure toning goals along with weight loss! :)

shcirerf 06-17-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee (Post 4774134)
Do Squats/Lunges.

Yup! I have a terrible flat behind. Squats and lunges have given me back some booty!:D

livelaughlovesunshin 06-17-2013 11:32 PM

I'm afraid I will do lunges and squats and do them completely wrong and make my butt flatter. LOL

EagleRiverDee 06-18-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livelaughlovesunshin (Post 4774275)
I'm afraid I will do lunges and squats and do them completely wrong and make my butt flatter. LOL

Even if you did them wrong, you wouldn't flatten your butt, but you might injure yourself. Get some instruction from a reputable source on proper form for both exercises. Probably the most important thing with either exercise is to keep your toes in front of your knees- you don't want your knees to go out in front of your toes, or you risk a knee injury. Practice without any weight to start with until you've got the form down pat.

Hello Nurse 06-18-2013 10:24 PM

I'm cursed with a flat butt and at the moment, a big belly. I guess most plus sized gals have bigger hips and butt, because any pants that fit me in the waist are absolutely baggy in the butt. Sadly, I often wear my hubby's shorts because apparently clothing manufacturers think 2x guys don't have buns, but 2x girls do!

ValRock 06-19-2013 04:11 AM

Squats!!!! Squat squat squat squat!

Wannabehealthy 06-19-2013 12:16 PM

When I was young and thin, I had a flat stomach and a round butt. Now that I'm old and have gained weight, it all went to the belly, and my butt looks really flat by comparison. I think my pants would fit better if I wore them backwards. LOL

Hello Nurse 06-19-2013 08:01 PM

Anything other than squats and lunges for this problem? I have old injuries to both knees and can't do them :(

Jennifer1966 06-19-2013 09:15 PM

I have always had a flat butt, no matter what weight I have been. I started doing a 30 day challenge yesterday that includes 100 squats 3 days out of every 4. I really hope after 30 days I have a little lift!

ValRock 06-19-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hello Nurse (Post 4775680)
Anything other than squats and lunges for this problem? I have old injuries to both knees and can't do them :(

Can you do these? We did them in class today and I really felt them in the squat area ;).

http://www.stack.com/2012/10/31/fire-hydrants/