Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Alternative to Clinique Moisturizer?

Right now for my moisturizer I use Clinique's "Superdefense Age Defense Moisturizer SPF 25", and it's fantastic; I've actually gotten compliments from strangers about my complexion since I started using it. However, I bought it for $35 in a department store and on their website it's $45 and I don't want to have to spend nearly $40-50 just to get great skin! What's a good moisturizer that's comparable to Clinique but isn't nearly as expensive? I'm looking to pay half the price or cheaper.

What I love about this moisturizer is you only need a little bit and it doesn't make my face feel all nasty like a lot of moisturizers do. It's lightweight and I've already forgotten I have it on by the time I put it on! It's so great. I don't really need a heavy moisturizer since I have combination skin that leans more toward the oily side. Let me know what y'all have found out there!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I'm with you, there is no way I would spend $45 on a moisturizer!!
I use Olay Complete and am very happy with it. Have used Olay products for 20+ years. Olay Complete comes in lotion & cream formula's and you can get them in combination/oily skin. It contains a broad spectrum SPF 15. Doesn't leave you feeling greasy. Costs less than 1/2 of what you'd pay for Clinique!
I'm soon going to be 52 and get a lot of compliments on my skin too, thanks to Olay
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I also use Olay Complete. I only need a tiny bit and it works great. I also use Ponds Deep Moisture when I don't need a cream with sunscreen in it.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm very oily. My former holy grail was Mary Kay oil control lotion - about $20. Only problem with it is it doesn't have SPF. So I've recently been on a hint for an oil absorbing moisturizer with SPF. Murad is pretty good, but my current favorite is DDF. They're both in the $40-45 price range though, so not really what you're looking for.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I use Hope in a Jar but I think it's more expensive than clinique. I spare no luxury for my skin, it's my most valuable asset
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #6  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

You might think I'm nuts, but I use pure organic coconut oil as moisturizer. My face had rebelled against all the cleansers and creams I was using, and I had developed horrible exczema and dry flaky skin in some areas, with other areas like an oil slick. I has used CO on my baby's diaper rash with great results, so one day I tried it and the difference was apparent overnight. I've been using it about a month and my skin looks better than it has since I was a kid. After the success with a natural moisturizer, I started washing my face with baby oatmeal and honey. I just put a little of each in a small dish and add a little water right in the shower. The entire routine costs about 1/4 of what I used to spend on just one product! And, I've noticed the fine lines and crowd feet around my eyes are fading. My acne is gone, and my skin is balanced...not overly dry or oily. I never even wear makeup now because my skin glows without it!

Sounds like an infomercial, but it honestly is the best thing I've done for my skin. Worth a shot at $6 for a huge bottle of CO
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #7  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I like the Boots #7 line -- It's at Target, and on the Walgreens.com website (cheaper at Walgreens because they recently bought the line). I use a tinted moisturizer that has SPF, and I LOVE it! They also have a facial serum that's fantastic. I've seen it recommended in several magazines and on TV. It works!
I've used about half a dozen other Boots products and liked them all. Maybe you could find something comparable to Clinique there.

Last edited by AwShucks; 06-23-2013 at 09:49 PM.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote