3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   Another bathing suit thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/282559-another-bathing-suit-thread.html)

CherryPie99 05-29-2013 06:20 PM

Another bathing suit thread

1 Attachment(s)
Ah yes, another bathing suit thread!

bought this over the weekend, but now I'm not sure and it was a little pricey (well for a cheapo like me it was pricey!). What do you guys think? Yay or Nay?

Please be honest, I can still take it back!

nitrus29 05-29-2013 06:23 PM

YAY all the way !!!

elvislover324 05-29-2013 06:42 PM

I love it!!! That belt is so flattering on you (it would get stuck under my rolls if I tried that). You look so pretty, I say keep it!!

Garnet2727 05-29-2013 06:47 PM

I'm sorry but I think the style is too busy for you. I think that you are lost in the colors, the neckline is too square shaped and that the belt is placed too low for your body type.

Sorry.

:(

Does it help that I've thought for a long time that you are a beautiful lady? I just don't think this bathing suit flatters your looks.

luckymommy 05-29-2013 07:08 PM

I think you look for sporty and it reminds me of hawaii. It flatters you, in my opinion and I would never take it back! :) You rock that bathing suit!!!

TripSwitch 05-29-2013 07:08 PM

I love it too... Is it a two piece? Or is one? I couldn't really tell from the photo because I've seen suits like that look like a two piece, but really are a one piece...

I have been agonizing over trying to find a swimsuit... And I almost bought one yesterday.... But I just couldn't bring myself to splurge on it because I haven't reached my goal yet for this summer... But I really want a two piece... With a matching cover-up...

Anyway... I really like the colors and I really like that detail between the black bottom and the top...

bargoo 05-29-2013 07:47 PM

Sorry, I vote thumbs down too busy and the belt looks old fashioned. I would go for a solid color.

TripSwitch 05-29-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 4756629)
Sorry, I vote thumbs down too busy and the belt looks old fashioned. I would go for a solid color.

Actually I was at Bergdorf's looking at swim wear and talking with one of the stylist's and a few of the personal shoppers there.... And there were quite a few suits that had belts and buckles and even that sort of detail around the neck line... Very 1960's and 1970's glamor going on this season from what I was seeing...

bargoo 05-29-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripSwitch (Post 4756643)
Actually I was at Bergdorf's looking at swim wear and talking with one of the stylist's and a few of the personal shoppers there.... And there were quite a few suits that had belts and buckles and even that sort of detail around the neck line... Very 1960's and 1970's glamor going on this season from what I was seeing...

Re: Beits , I was thinking more of the Roaring Twenties. No, I don't remember them personally !

CherryPie99 05-29-2013 08:26 PM

I have a couple bikinis - I was looking for something a bit more "sporty" looking - and something I could wear for playing volleyball or something like that.

It is a 2 piece, TripSwitch!

Looks like mixed opinions, but I will say as far as it being too "busy" - well, that's me in a nutshell - no matter what you'll never catch me in a plain one color suit :cool:

Bunnydream 05-29-2013 08:35 PM

That looks great! Me on the other hand...haha. I am so scared to wear a bathing suit this summer. :sumo:

CanadianCutie 05-29-2013 08:56 PM

I think a solid red or blue suit would look great on you. Not crazy about the print on that one, and the belt isn't really flattering, sorry.

elvislover324 05-29-2013 09:00 PM

I looked at the picture again after reading all the pros and cons. I still love it. :) And I wish I could pull off something that fun and casual looking!

Mozzy 05-29-2013 09:31 PM

I don't like those colors on you. I'm sorry

TripSwitch 05-29-2013 09:34 PM

I thought it was a two piece... But I wasn't sure... Because I've been looking at so many swimsuits that my head has been "swimming" (sorry for the really bad pun...lol...)