Really Short Hair and Cowlicks?

• I have had a really short haircut in the past and know for a fact I have two cowlicks. One I will not have to worry about because I will have bangs so it will be weighted down. But the other... It's by the very back of the part (The part that is sometimes the only part visible on really short hair). Anyways I haven't gotten it cut yet but I will because I love really short hair. Is there a way I can ask them to cut it so there is no cowlick? Or is there a way I can tame it?
  • I have the same problem only mine is at the nape of my neck. I don't think cutting it will help, you just have to find a way to work around it, I 'm sorry . I have done everything possible to tame it, nothing works. I found the best thing was to leave it a little longer as it pulls up and looks shorter than it is. I would like to have it shorter but when it is cut short the cowlick hair sticks out and looks bad.
  • No advice, unfortunately, I'm terrible about hair but I feel your pain. I have similar cowlicks. They are not smooth. They are not chic. It sucks.
  • I read that you can straighten it. I'm not even gonna bother with gel because that never worked. If all else fails I could do what I did before. Get the spot wet and put a hair clip in for 30 minutes - an hour. I'm looking for a quicker fix. I was thinking of permanently straightening it and doing that every now and then.
  • Can you not get some kind of keratin-straightening thingy? We have that here (and that's not the technical term, lol!!). Although it technically does some damage, it's WAY less than relaxing, and since you're having it short that should minimise the damage
  • I have cowlicks in the same spots as you. I straighten them, put smoothing cream on them and spray them with anti-humidity hairspray. If there is any moisture in the air, they'll start acting up again. Honestly, I don't think there is much that can be done about them.
  • I have a short pixie cut and naturally curly Irish hair. I smooth that motherf*cker down with either men's pomade or Bedhead's "Manipulator" styling gel. No joke. Works like a charm.