3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   Do you dress more revealing the more weight you lose? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/278188-do-you-dress-more-revealing-more-weight-you-lose.html)

LebenAlles 03-22-2013 10:25 AM

Do you dress more revealing the more weight you lose?

It's slightly embarassing to say, but I've noticed myself going away from the more prudish choices, the more I lose weight. Now, I've never really been a conservative dresser, but when I was heavier I covered up a LOT more (obviously). I find myself wanting to show off a little more these days though, while still making sure not to cross over into the slutty line...and while part of me feels like A) I'm not skinny enough yet to do this and B) It's something I might have been disdainful of in the past so I'm being hypocritcal and should be ashamed...but then on the other hand I feel like A) I'm really looking good and I make sure to only wear the most complimentary things while 'showing off' and B) Part of me is happy to have people look at me now and think something other than 'she is fat and gross'.

I'm kind of rambling now, but I just wondered if I was the only one letting my freak flag fly more now that I'm getting smaller. (While still keeping it tasteful, I promise).

Sunday115 03-22-2013 10:32 AM

You have lost over SEVENTY pounds. By all means, let your freak flag fly!

ChickieBoom 03-22-2013 10:35 AM

I don't think you should feel ashamed at all! I have definitely noticed that I care a lot more about how I look now. I used to wear whatever fit and covered me up the most. I didn't really have any nice clothes or shoes. Now I think about what I'm going to wear each day and I take pride in how I look. I also lean more towards wearing fitted clothes because I think that they look neater on me and are more flattering for my shape. I have a large chest so I don't like a lot of cleavage but if I'm wearing something more fitted, it's not like I can hide these girls.

I say, do what makes you feel good. You've worked hard for your new body.

Roo2 03-22-2013 10:50 AM

Well I 've given up wearing sweats and switched back to jeans.:D

Have purchased colorful shirts for spring and summer if it ever gets here in our neck of the woods.

So the most revealing thing I will be wearing is a dress that is above the knee....
And for me that is huge and puts me out of my comfort zone.:D

Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

MzJuicyD 03-22-2013 10:57 AM

I'm way more open to colors now. I used to only buy black or grey and now I love bold colors. I'm also a fan of cute, short, fit and flare dresses! It's not super short but before I would wear dresses that go past my knees. Someone commented that I had nice legs and boy did that give me confidence! And, I used to hate dresses in general and now i wear them all the time!

MzJuicyD 03-22-2013 10:58 AM

And to add to what I just said, sometimes when I put on clothes I feel like i still look the way i did 50 pounds ago. I start to second guess my choices but my mom comes with a "girl you are young! Go ahead and strut your stuff!" It's all mental. My mind tries to tell me that I'm still almost 300 pounds!

elvislover324 03-22-2013 11:18 AM

I am trying to dress a little more flashy than my standard sweats but it's anxiety inducing!!

My husband and I have plans tonight with friends and they haven't seen me since I lost 1 pound, nevermind 118!! I picked out a skirt, v-neck fitted sweater, boots/tights. Something totally like the old me would wear. I can already feel myself having anxiety that I am going to look foolish and I'm not small enough to pull it off, etc. etc.

The safe thing for me to wear is jeans, flat boots, and a nice sweatshirt (I do have one that is not for the gym!). But I didn't do "all of this" to dress like I am running errands on Saturday morning.

I have a feeling I will be changing my clothes 72 times tonight before we leave!!

NorthernChick13 03-22-2013 11:31 AM

HELLS YES, I dress more revealing! I became a teacher a few years ago and didn't realize how boobalicious everything I owned was until I learned I can't wear it anymore! Now, I LIVE for non-teaching days! I love to "let the freak flag fly!" ahaha best quote ever!

I was also much thinner a few years ago (getting it back!) and while some people lose weight and still feel overweight, I gained weight but still kept dressing like I was thin! lol cheers to my clothes looking better on me than I actually THINK they look!!

krampus 03-22-2013 11:46 AM

Yes and no - being thinner/comfortable in my own skin for me = not feeling like I have to get "done up" to go out in public.

But when I do get "done up" - I like to show off a little, cause why bother having great legs if you wear baggy pants?

kisskiss 03-22-2013 11:49 AM

I like to think I had style when I was bigger,
but yes, I love to wear things that are more close fitting. And, I've started wearing skirts and dresses (which is something I avoided before bc I was uncomfortable with my thighs).

Agalinfl 03-22-2013 12:16 PM

I can't wait to start wearing skirts and dresses again...

Radiojane 03-22-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunday115 (Post 4677870)
You have lost over SEVENTY pounds. By all means, let your freak flag fly!

THIS. You've made phenomenal progress! Show off if you want to!

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvislover324 (Post 4677933)
But I didn't do "all of this" to dress like I am running errands on Saturday morning.
!

Absolutely! I'm only half way to where I need to be, so I'm still really big, but I'm starting to remember how great it felt to have nice clothes. When I lost a lot in high school I was a fashion plate, and I'm getting that back.

As for revealing? I don't generally go JLO with the cleavage outside of the house, but I like things that are fitted in the right way to maximize my assets. I'm definitely showing off more than I have in the last ten years!

d130 03-22-2013 03:09 PM

I'm another yes and no similar to krampus. I definitely wear more fitted things now both for work and going out, but I like to show off my shoulders/back more now that I'm in better shape and have lost the weight - when I go out obviously (!)

I can get away with backless tops and slightly deeper v's in some ways because I'm small up top, and I can go bra-less. I do try and go for that look more now that I've got a better shape and more definition and my new wardrobe definitely reflects my taste. :)

Like she said, what's the point in doing all that work and putting in all that effort if I can't at least show it off occasionally!? :D

Scondy 03-22-2013 06:51 PM

I started wearing shorts! So yes, you do start wearing more revealing clothes because you become prouder of your body! I know I have and it's enjoyable to be.......free. :)

Mozzy 03-22-2013 07:58 PM

Weirdly I'm covering up more now than before, like I don't want people to notice my weight loss and make comments :-(