3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   Looking good for real, or in the head? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/277216-looking-good-real-head.html)

LockItUp 03-08-2013 08:43 PM

Thanks so much everyone! Getting everyone's input (and reassurance) really has helped. If nothing else it's nice to know I'm not alone! Going to just try and have confidence and hopefully as the months go on and I get used to being in this body, I won't constantly be questioning myself.

Mountain Mamma 03-14-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockItUp (Post 4660139)
Does anyone else wonder if they look good to just themselves or actually look good? I ask because I'm afraid of being one of those people who wears something they really shouldn't be wearing, something that isn't flattering and is actually pretty WRONG for me.

So, whatcha think? Am I alone in this fear or is this pretty common? And how do you know? Or should I just adopt the WHO CARES type of attitude and wear whatever the heck I want and not worry?

Stephanie, I know this is a late entry to this thread - but I go through this all the time. We all do. Twice as bad for me, one of the, um, mature chicks: "It fits. I can wear it. But should I?!" Sometimes I see middle aged women who look ridiculous in too young clothes - but then I'll see someone even older who looks fantastic. But you know? Would we even have been thinking about this a year ago? :cb:

And though you weren't looking for reassurances, you look great!

Roo2 03-15-2013 04:15 AM

I am able to wear my skinny teenagers clothes tops ,jackets,dresses and shirts.

There are some of her clothing that would not be age appropriate for me and she does not wear any provocative clothing .

Just because it fits does not mean I will wear it.
I would not be wearing exercise bra with Capri jogging on the path in our neighborhood.
Also me personally I would not expose my abdomen with stretch marks and jiggly belly out in public Bikini just because I could fit into one.
Even if I did not have those would I be wearing that right now, just a personal thing for me.
I am more casual /classic then trendy and attention seeking....but to each their own. Live and let live.

SuzziD 03-17-2013 05:03 PM

Hey Stephanie, I know what you mean about it being in your head and definitely about the shorts as well. My other half often says you you'd look great in those shorts too but I'm not so sure. What's 'good' these days anyway? So now I wear the longer type shorts...

586 03-17-2013 08:23 PM

Another straggler to the thread :)

I remember when I first hit goal and had to make a grocery run in my exercise kit: high-thigh running shorts, tank top, ponytail. I actually sat in the car debating whether or not I'd go in. I had just been running in the park, right? But somehow I compartmentalize running in the park with other fitness-minded folk of all body types and going into a public (ha!) space where everyone is dressed 'normally' and not being stared at in a critical manner.

I would have never gone into a grocery store in this sort of outfit when I was heavy. I made the decision that day to roll with it. Screw being ashamed, I'm getting healthy! So that is the approach I take with all my clothing options. If it fits well, I wear it proudly.

It's mostly in our heads when we think we don't look good, or in the heads of very negative people who just like to bring others down and vocalize that.

Mozzy 03-17-2013 10:11 PM

It's been so long since I dressed "appropriately". I've lived in yoga pants and tshirts for almost 4 years (kids happened!)

I'm really not sure I can dress my body in anything other than yoga pants/jeans/tshirt without failing miserably...

threekidsandasheltie 03-26-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berryblondeboys (Post 4660190)

But I get the "head" stuff.

Just now I was doing zumba at the gym and I could see myself. What do I see? the wrinkly chin from where my double chin used to be (loose skin). My soft jiggly stomach. My jiggly inner thighs THROUGH my shorts. My wobbly arms and the extra pounds I still need to take off.

these are areas I see every time I look in the mirror:( I can not get my head to wrap around my weightloss

dstalksalot 03-26-2013 11:00 AM

Mozzy,
Go watch a couple of episodes of what no to wear and go buy your self a pair of jeans and blouse at the very least.