Any BB Cream fanatics out there?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • After a year or so of thinking about it, I finally tried some real, non-Western BB Cream to replace my liquid foundation(s). I waited for so long because anything with silicone in it tends to break me out, and most BB Creams have tons in em.

But O.M.G. it's been great!!! I used Skin79 Pink Label (because I can buy it off amazon), and I'm just shocked at how good it is. I've been using it for 4 weeks, and my acne is better if anything. And just to give you an idea of other foundations I've tried and have ultimately found lacking for my very oily and sensitive skin:

MAC (studio, face and body, etc, including most of the pro stuff... powder, cream, liquid and air brush types)
    Benefit (cream and liquid)
    BareMinerals (and EverydayMinerals, other knockoffs too)
    Graftobian (cream and airbrush)
    Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (tented moisturizer and airbrush)
    Luminess (air brush)
    TooFaced (liquid)
    UrbanDecay (liquid)
    Paul & Joe (liquid)
    Clinique (powdered types and liquid)
    Makeup Forever (cream and liquid)
    Laura Mercier (liquid)
    Chanel (liquid)
    Dior (liquid and the 'spray on' kind they had)
    Illamasqua (liquid)
    Virtually all drug store brands for liquid and powder types, including the new Western versions of BB Creams

And let's not even go into all the primers I've tried. I have every kind you can imagine, and I've tried making diy stuff too. But I love the Skin79 BB Cream so much, I could throw everything else I have away. Doesn't need a primer, barely needs translucent powder over the top, looks even more natural than air brush foundation, gives a ton of coverage, and it's cheap!!! I'd really like to try other kinds when mine runs out, but I just have no experience with them. Missha and Skin Food get lots of good reviews, but I don't know.

So, my questions to you:
    What BB Creams have you tried? Any brands or particular products?
    Any pros/cons? Did it irritate your skin, cause a breakout, etc?
  • Always wanted to try them, but from what ive saw/understand they are pretty sheer no matter what type you use...i have a LOT to cover, lots of scars and redness, so I need maximum coverage foundation Which is sad because I love the natural "dewy" look from bb creams.
  • I use the BRTC Aqua Rush one if I'm going to use a liquid 'foundation'.

It is aimed at drier skins, gives a very natural but good coverage. I have pretty fair skin and find it a good match. I wouldn't use it every day though as if I do I find it a bit heavy on my skin-And I'm not even prone to breakouts. That's the only bad thing I could say about it.

It's the only BB cream I've tried so far but I've been tempted by Skin79 too! Might have to give it a whirl.
  • Alyj89, the Skin79 coverage is pretty heavy (same level as MAC studio fluid to me), but I do use an orange concealer on my dark circles when they look especially bad. I don't have to use a green concealer to cover up redness with the BB Cream, though. It's great at covering up that.

I will have to look up the BRTC Aqua Rush, serendipity907. I've never even heard of this brand before! It looks like BRTC has lots of neat skin care stuff, too.
  • I used the BB cream from The Body Shop from time to time- it's only like $9 and I think it works really well! It only comes in four or five shades though, but it works for me
  • Clinique (liquid) -
  • I've never heard of a BB cream, but it sounds like it might be a type of foundation? I've never seen anything in the store marked as a BB cream.

I personally use a tinted moisturizer with spf. My current brand is Josie Maran.
  • I use Missha BB cream. It's amazing
  • I'm really of the opinion the BB creams which are being released in England/America etc are just glorified tinted moisturizers. Not that they're necessarily bad just different.

I think BB creams are supposed to be a one stop shop for SPF/moisturizer/coverage but I still moisturize before personally.

I personally haven't noticed much change in the condition in my skin since using it, but i don't buy that any make up can do much good for our skin.
  • I bought the maybelline one and it's not for me. The shade isn't right, it doesn't moisturize nearly enough and it doesn't go on evenly.
  • I loved BB creams at first, but grew out if them. Bored, i guess. I've used Holika Holika--awesome coverage-- and Skin Food--too sheer. But as someone else mentioned, I really like Josie Maran tinted moisturizer as an alternative. It also has great coverage, and since I use JM argan oil as my moisturizer, it blends really well.
  • Although I've still never seen them, I did read the Wikipedia link on BB creams so I have a better understanding of what they are:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BB_cream

I personally like what I use, so I don't think I'll venture into BB cream territory for now
  • I'm a HUGE fan of BB creme! I use Etude House and love it!
  • MrsRiker- I've been thinking of trying the Holika Holika BB creams myself. Can I ask how you found the colour matching? I'm quite pale, but someone on a beauty forum told me even their palest shade is very dark.

I'm really looking forward of trying the Asian BB creams. I find the Western versions a bit uninspiring, personally.
  • I like the idea of BB creams but unfortunately it's tough to find one for darker skin that isn't Western, and allegedly just rebranded tinted moisturizer. That said, I use the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream. It's okay, I guess. It doesn't break me out, it has moderate coverage that is actually buildable and is SPF 35. I'm not dancing over its amazing, skin-improvig, magical BB properties, but it's not a bad product. I tend to use it on day's I'm in a rush, and I wear moisturizer and primer under it even though I probably don't need to.