3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   I need a new flat iron. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/270736-i-need-new-flat-iron.html)

owlsteazombies 11-29-2012 12:15 PM

I need a new flat iron.

Anyone have any suggestions? I had a GHO and it went on strike last week. I've heard good things about Chi, but I don't know if I want to spend $200+ on a flat iron again.

Lakilaulea 11-29-2012 12:22 PM

My sister has a Chi and she loves it, but I think she's on her third one... She said they don't seem to last much longer than a year or two. I've been using T3 products for years. I absolutely swear by them. The flat iron I use is the T3 Wet/Dry one. I've got pretty thick hair that's been chemically treated. You can use that iron on wet hair; I've done it a few times when pressed for time. It's an awesome iron. Kinda on the pricier side ($200 at Sephora), but I've had mine for YEARS. I only had to replace it once, and that was because a few years ago, I took my last one out of the country and plugged it into a converter without changing the voltage. It's tourmaline infused, has ceramic plates, heats up HOT (adjustable, of course) and fast, and makes my otherwise frizzy hair very silky.

Finch13 11-29-2012 05:43 PM

Silver Bullet hair straighteners are good and around half the price of the GHDs. I've had both and the Silver Bullet actually works better on my hair.

owlsteazombies 11-29-2012 07:58 PM

Thanks ladies! I have really thick, unruly curls that turn to frizz if they're not tamed by an iron. I'll look into those :)

mimsyborogoves 11-29-2012 08:48 PM

I've been using my Chi for at least 2-3 years, if not more; I don't remember when I got it. I got it as a Christmas present, and I absolutely love it! I think it was like $80 when I was in the market for it. Have they gone up?

owlsteazombies 11-29-2012 09:39 PM

Maybe? I glanced at a couple when I was at Sephora and had sticker shock. I was going to research some before buying this time!

MedChick87 11-29-2012 09:46 PM

I, too, love my Chi. I have pretty thick, wavy hair and it straightens it 100% better than any cheaper straightener I've tried. It's worth the money, in my opinion. Mine is going on 4 years now and hasn't had any problems, btw.

juliana77 11-29-2012 11:57 PM

The older chi irons are awesome (mine's 6 years old, used daily, and still works ok) but the newer ones are junk and die quickly.

I am in the market for a new one because mine just doesn't hold heat like it used to, so thanks for the suggestions!

westcoast rosa 11-30-2012 01:19 AM

I have the Brocato Vibrastrait 1 3/4". It is pricey, but worth every penny. It has been a game changer for me and my hair is so easy to straighten (and stays straight all day). I have very thick/wavy hair and this is the only straightener that has done the job right -- quick!

avalonmoon 11-30-2012 08:25 PM

I use a Bedhead from kmart and a chi from Ulta. They both were $99. i like bedhead better though.

elvislover324 11-30-2012 09:06 PM

Do you ladies use any product in your hair to help with the frizziness and/or curls? I have an instyler that I really like but the frizz is out of control! Thanks.

juliana77 11-30-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvislover324 (Post 4544111)
Do you ladies use any product in your hair to help with the frizziness and/or curls? I have an instyler that I really like but the frizz is out of control! Thanks.

I use Aveda products. Expensive, but:

Daily Hair Repair (for heat protection)
Glossing Straightener
Smoothing Fluid (for flyaways - I have fine hair)
Control Force hairspray (best. hairspray. ever.)

Finch13 11-30-2012 10:13 PM

I have lots of frizz! I use a hair serum on the ends of my hair after straightening that helps.

avalonmoon 11-30-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finch13 (Post 4544161)
I have lots of frizz! I use a hair serum on the ends of my hair after straightening that helps.

I use this one for the best results: http://m.ulta.com/mt/search.ulta.com/nav/brand/Mizani/0 and to be cheaper i use bedhead +got2b products.

Magalo 12-01-2012 10:19 AM

Ladies, the more you use heat on your hair, the more frizz you get! My hair are looking better and healthier day by day since I stopped blow-drying (1.5 years ago) and I only iron the side of my bang. Especially curly hairs, they always look SO much better on their own, air-dryed without being combed. Take care of your hair !