Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default Bras... From Layne Bryant to Victoria secret

So I've worn layne Bryant bras for several years, once I realized I couldn't fit in Victoria secret bras it was the next best I could wear. So today I went and was sized at Victoria secret I was sized at a 38DD, I was a 44DD in LB bras... But idk if I like VS bras it didn't seem to do much for my girls, no crazy support just kind of held them there. I don't know why I felt it so important to know I could wear a bra from VS in store. So do you think Victoria secret bras are overrated? I'm beginning to feel so.. And for anyone interested in what I was wearing in LB I would wear the balconet bra with the many adjusting ways to wear the straps. Idk I'm feeling odd after going there, maybe I'm slightly sad to loose some of my bewbies.
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

Victoria secrets sucks!

Go to Nordstrom get a fitting and try out some of their European brands!! You will love them.

Last edited by dstalksalot; 11-12-2012 at 12:43 AM.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

My sister is bigger up top and is a huge fan of Giligan & O'Malley from Target. She says they fit amazing and last forever.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:59 AM   #4  

Maybe I'll try target, I just an scared to dish out the cash expecially when I may shrink out of it
Old 11-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #5  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Have you thought about trying Fredricks of Hollywood? They are similar to Victorias; however support might be the least of the areas those will be good in. I think these lingerie companies usually cater to the 'sexy look', which takes front stage over comfort or support imho.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonmoon View Post
Have you thought about trying Fredricks of Hollywood? They are similar to Victorias; however support might be the least of the areas those will be good in. I think these lingerie companies usually cater to the 'sexy look', which takes front stage over comfort or support imho.
I was looking at my LB bra and noticed the underwire and boning was firmer than that of my old fredricks corset I had from 9 years ago, it amazes me how some companies can upsell items with a name and so so quality. Meh makes me sad because the items are hot looking :/
Old 11-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #7  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

I love my Lunaire bra that I got at Belk; I'm wearing it now! I'm sure they carry that one in most major department stores, and it really wasn't any more expensive than a LB or VS bra, even before my employee discount.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #8  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Dollylala wrote: I was looking at my LB bra and noticed the underwire and boning was firmer than that of my old fredricks corset I had from 9 years ago, it amazes me how some companies can upsell items with a name and so so quality. Meh makes me sad because the items are hot looking :/__________________

I so agree. I love sexy/cute things but sadly functionality is very important. I say get one or two frivilous things if you can budget it. Save it for those special times.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #9  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I've become a Bali lover - good quality, low price. I'm a 34DD and the Balis I have are so comfortable! I may check out the Target brand, though, just to see.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

The problem with Victoria's Secret is that their staff doesn't know how to measure for bras. And sadly, they will try to sell you what they have -- which the largest size is 38DD -- even if you're bigger than that.

I have a ton of VS bras, but there were moments in my life I should not have been wearing them because I was too big. But they don't try to correct you because they lose a sale, of course.

Secondly, they just measure wrong! So, you have to usually fight the salesperson to get the right size.

I would go to Nordstrom's at minimum to get a good bra fitting and if you still want a VS one, take the Nordstrom's size and then go to VS and try some on there.

But, again, I don't think VS is the be all or end all of bras... I bought some nice ones at Nordstrom's that are amazing.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/245/135

Height: 5'3"

I love HerRoom online. They tell you how to find the right fit, and it's pretty darn accurate from my experience. You can read tons of reviews of different bras as well. There's such a huge selection compared to dept. stores. The first time I shopped there, I ordered about six different bras, kept the three that fit me, and mailed the rest back. Now that I know which brands suit me the best, I just shop for those when I need a new one.
Nibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

I'll never fit into victoria secret. I'm a 75-80(34/36?) HH-JJ (depending on brand, that might not be the american cup sizes either lol). Its cheaper for me too, being where I am, to order from the UK or somewhere else in Europe and they tend to carry my sizes and are supportive. So I'd suggest trying out some euro based stores cause they carry in many cup sizes including more normal cup sizes like DD. I have heard that stores like victoria secret and La Senza are mostly for sex appeal and not really supportive but its nice to have sexy bras too
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #13  

Height: 5'2"

Rana is absolutely correct. VS sales people don't know how to measure a woman. I went there for years and they sold me on a C-cup. I went to a professional bra fitter who told me that I was an E-cup and introduced me Prima Donna bras. They're expensive-about double the cost of VS, but worth every penny in fit/support, style, comfort and wear-ability. I would typically get one year out of a VS bra before the straps began to show wear or the underwire would pop out of the side. The Prima Donna bras have lasted me nearly two so far without any signs of wear.
BrownEyedVeggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #14  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

I no longer fit into VS bras, which is incredibly annoying. I am a 32F/G. They have a few DDD bras now, but they are not cute and they still don't fit me. I can only get bras at Nrdstrom now, or online. I did find some DDD balconette bras from Dillard's. They don't fit wonderfully, but they are pretty and have matching panties....which is like finding water in the Sahara at this point in my bra search.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #15  

Anyone have a fave pushup bra? I kinda like my girls up there >.>