Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Halloween is coming!

and I don't know what to be! I want to dress up and take my niece out trick-or-treating for the first time, and if there's a party going on -- I wanna be there too. There's a big huge part of me that wants a "sexy" (yet classy, of course) costume this year simply because I'll actually be able to fit in them/pull some of them off. But of course, that's not appropriate for taking your not-quite-2 year old niece out. And there's also the thought of having two different costumes for different occasions/scenarios but depending on the costume choices, that could get expensive.

I've thought about going as a female "Where's Waldo?" for the "practical" idea, but the part of me that wants the "sexy" costume is being all, "You will have lost at least 100lbs overall by Halloween, and you're going to be 'Where's Waldo'?! Are you crazy?!"

So yeah, any help for my indecisiveness? It's greatly appreciated, lol.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

if it was me in that situation, i'd get the sexy halloween costume and then cover it up with a halloween cape for the time with the niece...one of those long dark capes or long red capes etc so you dont have to get two different costumes

i'd also like to try something sexy this year but again, i also take my kids trick or treating and up here in alaska, it's COLD and also snowy/rainy and dark....i also dont want to dress up too revealing...some of those sexy halloween costumes border on lingerie actually...and i'm not comfortable wearing that out no matter what my weight

but i'd like to go out with DH that evening after the kids go to bed, and wear something cute with him
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

You can look good and flirtatious without looking like a hoochie mama.

Go looking in consignment stores for ideas too. I found a bridesmaid dress that is princessy. I could dress that up in so many ways - a fairy, a princess, a character from Lord of the Rings, a Tooth Fairy, Fiona from Shrek, or even Miss Piggy. (Now that I'm not a tank, I wouldn't feel self conscious as going as a pig!).

Then there are renaissance type costumes that are flattering and not skimpy. There is NO REASON to be half naked to be sexy. Actually, some of the sexiest costumes "allude" to sexy without being all in your face SEX.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #4  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
You can look good and flirtatious without looking like a hoochie mama.

Go looking in consignment stores for ideas too. I found a bridesmaid dress that is princessy. I could dress that up in so many ways - a fairy, a princess, a character from Lord of the Rings, a Tooth Fairy, Fiona from Shrek, or even Miss Piggy. (Now that I'm not a tank, I wouldn't feel self conscious as going as a pig!).

Then there are renaissance type costumes that are flattering and not skimpy. There is NO REASON to be half naked to be sexy. Actually, some of the sexiest costumes "allude" to sexy without being all in your face SEX.
^ Totally agree! The run-of-the-mill sexy cop, firefighter, maid, etc. aren't anything special if everyone wears them. Making your own costume can be more fun than buying something skimpy

(I understand your point, though- it'll be nice to feel more confident on a holiday that young girls traditionally use as an excuse to wear little clothing. A friend of mine wants us to dress up as a team... as sexy Disney princesses... something about that seems insulting to my childhood. )
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2"

If I weren't fixated on doing what i'm already doing this Halloween, I would go as a pop art character. Definitely striking, and you can wear a classy and flattering pencil skirt or something. Here is an instructional video for the makeup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNQuZ4c34P8

or maybe you can find some inspiration on my pinterest board of homemade costumes, i'm really proud of the collection haha : http://pinterest.com/valalltogether/halloween-costumes/
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:34 AM   #6  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

ive been looking at costumes online tonight....none of which are cost-efficient to get to alaska but still...

i like the idea of a red riding hood costume with a little cape...or a black flapper 1920s dress...ive always been insanely drawn to the 20s and the flapper dresses, music, cars etc...but we're getting into past lives there
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #7  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by valalltogether View Post
If I weren't fixated on doing what i'm already doing this Halloween, I would go as a pop art character. Definitely striking, and you can wear a classy and flattering pencil skirt or something. Here is an instructional video for the makeup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNQuZ4c34P8

or maybe you can find some inspiration on my pinterest board of homemade costumes, i'm really proud of the collection haha : http://pinterest.com/valalltogether/halloween-costumes/
this is so neat but i feel like i'd mess it up terribly! haha.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #8  
Carrots? Meh...

Height: 5'6

We don't celebrate Halloween here, but oh how I wish for a great big costume party! I'd love to dress up! Sigh...
Silly Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #9  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I hate how Halloween has turned into one big strip club. Find one costume that is cute, and hints at sexy and leave the rest to the imagination. You're not going to attract anything worth holding onto if all they want is a roll in the sheets.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #10  

Oh I don't mean I want to dress -slutty-. I just want to be sexy; sexy =/= slutty. Hence why I said sexy, yet classy, lol.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #11  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Good, I didn't have you pegged as that kinda girl. What is your niece going as? Maybe find something on the same theme?
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:18 AM   #12  

From what my sister-in-law says, something "cutesy", I think. Princess, fairy, ladybug, etc; I don't think they've quite decided yet.