Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #1  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Shoes... Shoes... and More Shoes...

Let me just start by saying that I'm sorry if this one has been done to death around here, but I'm feeling a little bit overwhelmed with staying on track right now and putting together a plan for September, which is right around the corner... so I'm taking a little break and looking at shoes...

I know it might sound shallow... but somehow, I find looking at shoes comforting on some level because they're the only things I have left that still fit (although even some of my favorites have become snug... I mean really, even my feet got fat too?)

So everyone feel free to jump in here with any and all shoe love that you feel like putting out there... pics, links, your thoughts and feelings, whatever...

Oh, and guys this includes you too... because I know you're out there... We don't discriminate... nice shoes are nice shoe right... So let's see 'em...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 08-30-2012 at 02:07 PM.
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #2  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

I bought a pair of thigh high, flat, brown boots a few weeks ago. Best part? Got them on over pants without even unzipping them. Before now I couldn't even get knee high boots because my calves were too big. Can't wait till fall to wear them.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #3  
Heading Downtown...

I love those thigh high boots too... but I don't own any...yet... the highest things I have in my current collection is a pair of Gucci rain boots that come up to just below the knee... not exactly sexy... but very stylish and practical too... because there is nothing worse than stepping off the sidewalk here in the city into a big puddle of slush that turns out to be like a foot deep...UGH!!! that really ruins my day....

Congratulations on those boots.... They sound HOT!

Hum... You've actually given me an idea for a whole new thread..."Thigh High Boots... Let's See 'Em"

But I guess I'll save that for another day...
Old 08-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #4  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I hate shopping for shoes - HAAAAAAATE.

But I do love my Clarks. And I'm considering buying myself a new pair of Rockports. Clearly, I'm very old.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #5  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

When I was heavy, I hated shoe shopping. I would usually have a maximum of 2 pairs that were shoes for comfort and very unfashionable. While I was losing the weight, I didn't want to spend much money on clothing that I wouldn't be wearing for long, so my mini-goal splurges were on handbags, scarves, and SHOES. I love shoes now; I can walk in heels again. I found some beauties tonight at Marshall's; one a pair of espadrille wedges with navy straps and tiny white polka dots, the other was another pair of wedges (like these: http://www.zappos.com/franco-sarto-notice-pink-python), but the color of the straps are more of a terra cotta/orange-ish color.

I also never owned a pair of high boots until this past winter, and now I love those too. It's so nice to have calves that can allow me to fit easily into nice winter boots.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #6  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck View Post
When I was heavy, I hated shoe shopping. I would usually have a maximum of 2 pairs that were shoes for comfort and very unfashionable. While I was losing the weight, I didn't want to spend much money on clothing that I wouldn't be wearing for long, so my mini-goal splurges were on handbags, scarves, and SHOES. I love shoes now; I can walk in heels again. I found some beauties tonight at Marshall's; one a pair of espadrille wedges with navy straps and tiny white polka dots, the other was another pair of wedges (like these: http://www.zappos.com/franco-sarto-notice-pink-python), but the color of the straps are more of a terra cotta/orange-ish color.

I also never owned a pair of high boots until this past winter, and now I love those too. It's so nice to have calves that can allow me to fit easily into nice winter boots.
I love zappos... We're on a first name basis...lol... I shop that site so much it really should be my home page.... I think they put me in some VIP program so I get free shipping for life (but they probably do that for everybody... hey free shipping is free shipping so what do I care right?) But what I absolutely love about them is when I order a size that doesn't quite fit... I just call them up and they fed ex me a different size overnight even before I send the other ones back all on their dime... How cool is that? It's pretty much as close as you can get to instant shoe gratification without having to step in a store... Not that I don't love shoe shopping in person... There is one store that I go to that has a private lounge, so you sit down on nice comfy couch, they get you a coffee or tea or mineral water... or even a glass of champagne... Now I don't normally ever turn down a glass of champagne, but when I'm on shoe mission I've got keep my wits about me or else watch out... then your own personal salesperson just starts bringing back pair after pair... and I think this must be what heaven is like...

Alright I know, I need to stop now... sorry... (catching my breath now...)

Your new shoes sound hot! Enjoy!

And to anyone out there who hates shopping for shoes... I say let's do lunch and hit the shops... Who knows you just might change your mind...
Old 08-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #7  

LOL, yes Zappos and I are BFF. My shoe closet is almost as big as my kids' rooms.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:21 AM   #8  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambiechop View Post
LOL, yes Zappos and I are BFF. My shoe closet is almost as big as my kids' rooms.
You are my kind of person! lol....

You know now that you mention it... I think my shoe closets WERE kids rooms at one time....
Old 08-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #9  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

After I posted last night, I went out to Zappo's and bought 2 pairs of non-work shoes, so I have something to wear with my new jeans and cords. I do love Zappo's.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #10  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

When I lost my first 100lbs my foot shrunk from a 9 to a 8.5...that meant A WHOLE NEW SHOEDROBE! Now I'm starting to fit into some 8s...which will mean MORE SHOES. BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I have a problem with shoes. I love them all: sneakers, boots, heels, flats, sandals, etc. etc.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #11  
Heading Downtown...

This just came across my desk...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08_30_12_Shoe_DF_Louboutin_02a.jpg (21.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #12  

Ok, now what I'm going to say may offend someone but I have to get it out.

Thursday night I went to my children's open house. Never in my life have I seen so many women in running shoes, ill fitting jeans, and flowy shirts. I died a little inside.

Now for the ankle boots. I like them, but I'm not in love.

Last edited by Lambiechop; 09-02-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #13  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambiechop View Post
Ok, now what I'm going to say may offend someone but I have to get it out.

Thursday night I went to my children's open house. Never in my life have I seen so many women in running shoes, ill fitting jeans, and flowy shirts. I died a little inside.

Now for the ankle boots. I like them, but I'm not in love.
I'm so with you on this one... I mean I'm all for being comfortable.... But sometimes I've got to take both hands and literally hold on to my eyeballs to keep them from rolling out of my head....

Oh, and I hear ya about those ankle boots.... It was love at first site, but now I'm like totally over it.... kind of like my first marriage....
Old 12-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #14  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

I remember when I loved wearing heels! *looks sad* I have some really beautiful pairs, I especially want to wear my KG patent nude platform courts. I'm 5'9" in them!! Add a bit of backcombed hair and I'd be practically 6' lol

Please tell me it's not just a myth that wearing heels is so much easier when you're thin... Because I'm really looking forward to not having to wear trainers all the time because my feet are creaking under all the weight I've put on
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 310/298/250

Height: 5'3

I love shoes!! All kinds.
Sadly my feet have always been super wide but I've been finding a lot more stores that carry wide width shoes So that's cool.
I think my favorite shoes are creepers and heeled booties.

also, idk if wearing heels is easier on thin folk. I know plenty of girls 300+ that wear heels and are fine and I also know girls in the 100s that hate heels. It really depends on the person. I'm "okay" with heels.

Last edited by VaVaVoom; 12-17-2012 at 02:51 AM.
VaVaVoom is offline   Reply With Quote