What is your Weight & Pant Size?

You're on Page 1 of 14
Go to
  • I know that everyone is shaped differently and wears a different size pants because of their weight and body structure. I was so excited but confused when I was able to fit nicely into a size 8 pants. The only thing that confuses me is that I weigh 175lbs (still have 16 more lbs to lose) and 175 lbs with a BMI of 27.4 is considered overweight. When people see me they say I look "skinny". I'm 16 lbs overweight but can still fit into a smaller size pants. I guess the remaining 16 lbs are my flabby/fat stomach and arms? Could that be possible?'

What is your weight and pant size?

ETA: I'm 5'7".
  • hey im 5'8, and about 175 as well (im in a little bit of a flux right now) but i also wear an 8 =) when i go down to about 170 i start wearing some 6s. you're totally in the normal!
  • LA, this is so funny... I'm wearing my 8's for the first time today, and I was at 178 on the dot this morning.

I'm an apple, though. I constantly get the 'oh, no! don't lose more!' comments. I'm pretty bony places, like my collar bones pop out, but I have a belly still. Oh well. Working on it.

BUT... EIGHTS!

And I agree, totally normal.
  • Quote: hey im 5'8, and about 175 as well (im in a little bit of a flux right now) but i also wear an 8 =) when i go down to about 170 i start wearing some 6s. you're totally in the normal!
    GREAT! This is great news. I thought something was wrong with me. I will look forward to being in your "class" as well and I hope that I can start wearing a 6's as well. It sounds like we could easily be in a size 4 when we reach 160.

Thank you for your input. Much appreciated.
  • Hey!! I'm 5'5 and weigh 140, I wear anywhere between 6's to 10's depending on the brand. Annoying, yes, but once I fall on a 6 I do a little happy dance lol
  • Quote: LA, this is so funny... I'm wearing my 8's for the first time today, and I was at 178 on the dot this morning.

I'm an apple, though. I constantly get the 'oh, no! don't lose more!' comments. I'm pretty bony places, like my collar bones pop out, but I have a belly still. Oh well. Working on it.

BUT... EIGHTS!

And I agree, totally normal.
    YEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the size 8's !!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooo very happy for you. I bet you look AWESOME !!!!!!!!
  • Quote: Hey!! I'm 5'5 and weigh 140, I wear anywhere between 6's to 10's depending on the brand. Annoying, yes, but once I fall on a 6 I do a little happy dance lol
    I'm looking forward to size 6, so that I can do a happy dance too.
  • Wow! Yeah its amazing how body shape and bone structure can dictate that! I have a very small frame and am 6 feet, weighed in at 170.8 this morning and I wear 11's!!! My goal is 6-8
  • I'm 5' 8" and about 150 pounds. I wear a size 9's to 10 pants :'(
  • re:
    Yeah, I must be one of those people who will never see those numbers due to shape I'm 194 5'6" and in 16. I can't imagine only another 20lbs would put me in 8. Heck I can't even zip 14s yet.
  • I am 5'3" (& a half!) and at 156 & I wear between a 10 & 12 size in pants.... which would normally be called "a size 11" HOWEVER, we all know that there is no such thing as size 11 in women's sizes. Le'sigh!

A 12 is a bit too big & a 10 is a bit too tight... therefore... I rarely ever wear "pants" - I just stick to skirts, dresses, & lots of lycra.
  • 5'10" and 188lbs currently....and squeezing into my size 14 jeans. I am a pear shape and carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs.
  • I'm 5'4, weighed in at 195.5 this morning (that little gain I was talking about a few days ago has come off!) and I am a 16, borderline 14. My body's doing that cruel thing where the 14s will get on and zip up just fine, but they ain't gonna look good once they get on. Maybe it was just the pants I was trying on.

But I'm thinking like someone else said, I won't see an 8 for awhile, if ever. I'm guessing the lower 170s will bring me into 12 territory, and if that's the case I probably wouldn't get in an 8 unless I got into the 150s-140s. Boo!

EDIT: I bought 2 pairs of jeans at American Eagle today in a 14! YAY!
  • 5'5, 125 lbs, misses' 4 fits in the hips/thighs but gaps in the waist sometimes. However in juniors' sizes I can wear anywhere from a 5 to a 9. No consistency and also the sizes are bigger now so who knows, ha.

At 155 lbs I was a 10.
  • 5'7.5/156lbs and I wear a size 10-12.