Vanity

• I think I might becoming a vain person. Is that a bad thing? I have never in my life been a vain person. But lately, I have to say that it's all about me. Well not all the time, but most of it. I have never really taken the time to primp, put makeup on, get dressed up, or any of those things. I just kind of let myself go. Since I began losing this weight something changed and I'm wondering why now? I have lost weight before and didn't become vain. I don't like to leave the house unless I have makeup on and am dressed in something flattering. When I shop, the clothes has to be flattering. Before, it was enough that they fit. So, is this a bad thing?
  • personally i dont think its a bad thing at all. i started buying make up once id lost the weight and now actually brush my hair and put mascara on before going out the door whereas before i just wouldnt care what i looked like. i think good self esteem is hugely important and very healthy with regard to your frame of mind as i just feel a lot happier now that im taking care of myself. enjoy taking care of yourself !!
  • re:
    Taking pride in your appearance is not vanity. You're becoming more happy with your body so why not make it all look good?

• Thanks! I don't think that I had actually thought of it as my being happier with myself before.
  • I don't think that's even called being vain - that's called caring about how you look and feeling good. Being vain is talking about yourself ALL the time, thinking you're better than everyone else (close to narcissism) and only caring about yourself and your own good. Is that you? If not, then you have nothing to worry about, the society we live in has made women into caring about their looks and therefore we do. I don't find anything wrong with wanting to look the best you possibly can. For yourself. Or for others.