Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #1  

Default Hairstyles?

Does anyone know any good hairstyles for someone with a round face? I've got really long thick hair but never take the time to manage it so I'll have it cut shoulder length but I'd like some sort of a style.
x Ophelia x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

.Your hair stylist can make suggestions.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #3  

True but I'd like to have some ideas and pictures before I go into the place.
x Ophelia x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

http://www.dailymakeover.com/virtual-makeover

^ thats a fun site. just take a picture facing forward with your hair tied back. i think it makes you join, but its free and in my opinion worth it.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

long layers could work. maybe side swept bangs?
Unless you have an awesome hair stylist, they might not be much help. While I like the way mine cuts my hair, she is not helpful at all when it comes to ideas.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #6  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

ive got a really round face, and when my hair was short it looked really good, it was bout 3 inches long, shorter in the back, with sideswept bangs. i always thought it was really cute, now my hair goes past my brastrap in the back, and i have it layered. i stopped dying it or using heat on it, and it looks great!

to curl my hair i now use socks (never worn, i promise), or a headband, and it works really well

i also use herbal essences tousle me softly shampoo and conditioner, on my hair at least, it makes it just a little wavy. and i finish it off with biosilk

so i really never do anything to my hair but it still looks nice, ive got really thick fine hair, and its almost impossible to fix without taking at least an hour, but i think long hair is so much more feminine, and this is coming from someone that even had their head shaved at one point, so i am not biased!

hopefully im making sense. good luck deciding! only you will know what looks good on you!
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #7  

Go for layers and bangs, or you could even try a bit of an ombre effect on your hair: lighter at the top and gradually sliding into a darker shade at the ends.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #8  
Dimply and Huge

S/C/G: 325/200

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha22 View Post
Go for layers and bangs, or you could even try a bit of an ombre effect on your hair: lighter at the top and gradually sliding into a darker shade at the ends.
Be very careful with bangs. I have a very round face and bangs cut straight across make my round face even rounder! A nice, side swept bang is nicest. It has a great way of making your face look a little longer.
Resipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/204/168

Height: 5'9

instead of cutting your hair why not having a new exciting colour or some gorgeous caramel highlights? a lot of people make the comment that short hair suites my round face better however due to lack of confidence i tend to hide behind long extensions, to funk this up from time to time i change the colour. let me know what you decide too do! snooki x
snookipaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

You sound like me ! I have a more oval shaped face but my hair is to my bra strap and it's dirty blonde (it's kinda two toned right now... I got it dyed lighter last Spring. thankfully it sort of blends okay. I'm saving new hair color as a goal reward, It will cost $130 to do what I'd like). it's naturally thick, frizzy, and wavy.

Anyway what I've recently discovered is sea salt ! it created a really piecey, textured, natural beach hair look and it actually works with my hair. and it feels natural unlike when I mousse it. They have super expensive seasalt sprays but you can make your own. Here is mine;

empty spray bottle
10 oz water
3 teaspoons sea salt (not table salt! sea salt!)
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoons Garnier Fructis Style Wonder Waves Wave-Enhancing Spray
2 small squirts Garnier leave in conditioner

Additionaly you can add essential oils like rose, lavender etc or oils like coconut for a lovely beachy scent too. this is just why I had on had. Salt is very drying, which is why we add the oils and conditioner.

And here's how I use it;
Wash hair with Dove intensive repair. use deep conditioner for 15 minutes (just leave it in while I wash )
towel dry hair, and leave up in towel while applying make up and getting dressed.
spray hair liberally with sea salt mixture. shake well before using.
flip head over and keep spritzing. lots !
scrunch hair up into palms and push towards roots all over. finger comb and repeat.
flip head over and blow dry with a diffuser for volume and texture. scrunch hair up to root while drying.
once dry, part hair how you want it to sit. if your hair Is like mine you aren't done and you'll need to hit some parts with the straightener.
I put my straighter on low and I straighten just about 2" of the ends of my hair, including the ends of my layers (I don't have many layers)
I'll then do individual sections that are really frizzy. but instead of straightinf I use the iron in a curling manner to add light, beachy curls, about midway down the sections.
I then spritz lightly again with the salt, scrunch up, and done.
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #11  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I have a VERY round face, & I have found that shoulder length with long layers and NO bangs is the best for me. When us "round facers" get the generalized "bob" cut, it just accentuates our "jowls" making our faces look even rounder!

So yeah, I just stick to shoulder length w/long layers.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

I like layers and side swept bangs or no bangs on me... and my face is round or even sqaure :-| I like shoulder length for versatility I'm trying to grow mine out and usually wear it down but I like to be able to pin the bangs back sometimes, have it look decent straightened or curled etc. My day to day I am super lazy though and take that into consideration when getting a cut, it needs to look "OK" if all i do is wash, run a brush (and sometimes even just my fingers) through my hair and run out the door.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote