3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   Problems with shaving since losing weight! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/257471-problems-shaving-since-losing-weight.html)

Diana3271 04-22-2012 08:29 AM

Problems with shaving since losing weight!

Since losing weight, my armpits are sunk in quite a bit. One is even more so than the other. I cannot be the only person on this planet with this issue. :lol: It doesn't look funny, but I am really having a hard time shaving properly. So far, the best way I have found to handle this problem is to shave and then follow up with DH's electric razor. All the regular razors seem too wide/big to get into that area. Any other suggestions?

KatMarie 04-22-2012 09:12 AM

Aha! I thought I was deformed or something, lol. My armpits are so sunk in now and deep, I can't shave all my underarms either. I was thinking of getting one of those narrow electric trimmers. Or maybe one of those creams like Nair. Just put on the cream and wipe the hair off. Never used stuff like Nair though so don't know if it will irritate the underarms?

Diana3271 04-22-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatMarie (Post 4303594)
Aha! I thought I was deformed or something, lol. My armpits are so sunk in now and deep, I can't shave all my underarms either.

I was thinking I had something weird going on, too. ;) I have tried a variety of disposable razors, but nothing seems to work well. I think the best one I have found is the Venus razors, but they are not great. I'm scared to use the chemical products because of burning/rash, etc.

scarletmeshell 04-22-2012 09:26 AM

Good morning Laides! This is funny because I thought it was just me. They do make a nair for the face which may be less harsh and you could try just a little spot and see how your skin reacts. Also they make smaller razors for the bikini area that may work.

qtapostolic 04-22-2012 09:29 AM

gosh ladies, I don't know what to do ... I've never been able to get a good smooth shave in there. I would get teased when I was a teen because it always looked like I still needed to shave. However, I can say that I tried a Nair product and the hair didn't come off and I got an awful burning irritation. That was years ago so the products may be better now, but I'm not trying it;)

Beach Patrol 04-22-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 4303534)
Any other suggestions?

Okaaayyyy...here's one ... you might not like, but oh well....
my best friend DOESN'T shave "her pits". The hair grows curly & funky, and she loves "the hippie freedom" (but she still shaves her legs, go figure! ;) )
...as for me, I could never "not shave"... it just looks nasty to me, yucko!!!! and I tease my bestie about it all the time "put your arms down! you look like a sasquatch!" ... LMAO...

So as for me - Oh yeah, I shave the bedickens outta my pits! I hate pit hair! I hate the little hairs that grow on my toes & fingers, too... I shave it all. yes, I shave my dadgum toes! I use the Schick Quattro razor for women - by far the best razor I've EVER used. I put my hand behind my head and kinda "stretch back" to get in there real good. Once out of the shower, I use Fruit of the Earth pure 100% aloe vera on all shaved areas, esp. bikini area! - it calms the skin & prevents ingrown hairs.

Hope this helps. :)

sontaikle 04-22-2012 10:09 AM

I have the same problem. I find that instead of just lifting my arm up to shave, that holding my arm up and bending my elbow back so that my hand touches my back "flattens out" the area so that I can shave it.

chickybird 04-22-2012 10:12 AM

Mandalynn posted something helpful about this once. she actually had a diagram on how to position your arm so you could reach everything. Let me dig for it...

chickybird 04-22-2012 10:18 AM

Cr@p! Can't find it. Anywho, I do what sontaikle does. Very helpful!

Diana3271 04-22-2012 08:17 PM

Ha Ha It looks like quite a few people have this issue. I have tried to move my arm around in different positions. That hasn't really helped. Ha Ha It just sinks in farther. ;) I might try one of those little bikini razors since I haven't tried those, yet.

Steph7409 04-22-2012 09:11 PM

This is why I love this site. I've been having the same problem! I've given up shaving in the shower because I just can't see what I'm doing. I use sontaikle's method in front of the mirror and it works better, although it's still a pain.

mercuryblue 04-22-2012 10:04 PM

You could go to have them waxed maybe, its not overly painful... but they stay smooth for a long while before having to go back to do it again. Doesnt cost a lot. Lots of ladies do that.

Natasha22 04-23-2012 05:41 PM

I'd also recommend getting them waxed. Hair grows slower and you won't have to worry about it for 2 weeks. One problem I found with waxing my armpits is that some hair grows under my skin. I try to exfoliate to prevent it, but inevitably, every time I wax I have at least one strand of hair giving me a hard time, I guess it's because the skin is thicker on that area?

Fressca 04-23-2012 06:39 PM

Well I haven't posted to 3FC in a year but I lurk... and I remember the thread chickybird was referring to: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ht-loss-2.html

There it is, Mandalinn's diagram and all!

Munchy 04-24-2012 04:20 PM

I have always put my arm back and used my fingers to hold my armpit in the right spot! :)