Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #1  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Default Goal dress ideas - pics

I'm not there yet and I'm not going to buy one until I'm happy with my size but (internet) window shopping for dresses sure is some good motivation.

Oook, I want them all. I imagine that when I lose weight I'm gonna be some hot bombshell who wears fancy dresses all the time and goes out to dinner. Not the girl who lives in a field (essentially) and wears wellies a lot of the time. Ahhh sweet sweet fantasy you keep me going.

I can't be the only one who looks at clothes they'd like to wear. Anybody want to share?
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

So we are the same size and I think you would look hot in these dresses already!! I prefer the red one and the blue one. I just bought a shirt that is like the blue one, but in shirt form....I think it is essential you embrace where you have came from and treat yourself with shopping. I shop continually as a reward!! =) I vote you buy one already and post your pic in it. I bet you would look smashing!!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 132/100/100

Height: 5'1

I actually managed to buy the dress below in 2 sizes. I bought the size I can fit into now first (Australian size 10) and loved it so much I bought it a size smaller (Australian size 8) to wear when I reach goal. I can almost get into it but it's a bit tight/narrow around the chest.

Kayriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #4  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

dress 3. WHERE IS THIS BEAUTIFUL CREATURE FROM. I want it. I want it I want it!!
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #5  
keep going

lovemydoggiesx2 - Thanks, that's really sweet. ooh post a pic of your top! I love that shape although I don't really have the em assets I am capable of wearing a good bra. I am lucky that my waist nips in though. I believe in getting nice things too, otherwise it'd feel like too much pressure and I want to accept myself as I am. I just usually buy stuff second hand, and I get really great stuff. I'm gonna go dress shopping tomorrow for something for my birthday. I just don't want to buy something expensive online because I feel like I'd be disappointed/use it as an excuse to stop losing weight haha

If I find something nice tomorrow I'll post a picture though.

Kayriel Nice dress, I love waist belts like that.. I have a million. Good idea getting it in both sizes! It must be a great feeling being so close to fitting into it well done. I've zipped myself into a too small dress when I was gaining and thinking 'yeah it totally still fits'. Nevermind the fact that I wasn't able to breathe normally, like y'know that matters
Old 05-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #6  
keep going

stimkovs: It's from pinupgirlclothing.com - they have it in a few different colours. It's called the Ava dress! Don't forget to post pics if you get it.

Last edited by LeilaJey; 05-20-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #7  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

LeilaJey,

That red dress will stop traffic! Go for it!
I also like the one next to it for an all occasion type dressy dress.
The blue one would be great for weddings and formal parties.

So... you must buy them all.
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #8  
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeilaJey View Post

Oook, I want them all. I imagine that when I lose weight I'm gonna be some hot bombshell who wears fancy dresses all the time and goes out to dinner. Not the girl who lives in a field (essentially) and wears wellies a lot of the time. Ahhh sweet sweet fantasy you keep me going.

I can't be the only one who looks at clothes they'd like to wear. Anybody want to share?
That's totally what I do, actually! >.> Except that I live in a small city with dirt roads and have to wear trainers to work because of my back + trouble to get shoes in my size in this tiny country.

Pinupgirlclothing is fantastic <3 I love all their dresses and I want them all! (I think I actually got to know them because you posted the link). I love pin up style and I would love being able to dress like one of those pretty girls, especially because I know it would suit my body type (I am something of a mix between hourglass and pear, though leanning more to the hourglass side). The Ava dress only needs one word to describe it: rawr!

Right now, I am wanting these so much:

From Kiyonna:

http://www.kiyonna.com/Merchant2/ima...112502-1bg.jpg

http://www.kiyonna.com/Merchant2/ima...060902-3bg.jpg

http://www.kiyonna.com/Merchant2/ima...080901-3bg.jpg

From Igigi:

http://i.statigi.com/i/cache/352x480...ront-4---1.jpg

http://i.statigi.com/i/cache/1056x14...y-front3_1.jpg

I have a wedding in August, so I need to start thinking of a dress, actually.

Last edited by Teacher2B; 05-20-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Teacher2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 132/100/100

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeilaJey View Post
Kayriel Nice dress, I love waist belts like that.. I have a million. Good idea getting it in both sizes! It must be a great feeling being so close to fitting into it well done. I've zipped myself into a too small dress when I was gaining and thinking 'yeah it totally still fits'. Nevermind the fact that I wasn't able to breathe normally, like y'know that matters
I love waist belts too. I have a slight waist and no hips and need something to indicate I have a waist!

Btw, if you're planning to get one of those dresses, get the blue one. It'll be lovely since you have a nipped in waist and looks like it'll give you an amazing hourglass shaped figure.
Kayriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #10  
keep going

EatMoreCelery Y'know I really like the way you think

Teacher2B It's funny to have these little fantasies eh! Lucky you with your hourglass figure! I'm totally a pear but as I said a good bra goes a long way and because I'm lucky with my waist I always feel comfortable in those kinds of dresses. I love the first dress you posted especially! I was actually looking at that earlier in my search for a dress but I didn't see it in my size. I'd say go for it, the shape is amazing.

Kayriel I have too much hips if you want some? Thanks, I really love the colour too. I guess I'll see how my body looks in a while!
Old 05-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

Your choices are beautiful! I plan on getting that blue dress as soon as I have an event to wear it to!

Perhaps it is a confidence issue, but much of the clothing on pin up girl does not seem to work for me although I do love it. I am an hourglass shape, but more short wasted so belted items and high wasted shirts are not the best. I am still trying to figure it all out. I do know that I love the 40s-50s styles and most local clothing stores do not appeal to me at all. I am not sure I want to pay shipping just to try stuff on.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #12  
You're my fantasy.

yes, please!

stillmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #13  

That red dress is absolutely stunning. And you could definitely wear it now, but it's nice to have something to keep you motivated.

I love these:

Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:19 AM   #14  
keep going

that dress is hot, stillmeadow! It's always great to have a nice black number.

Natasha22 I love the last one especially, those straps are really nice!

I found a new ASOS dress in a second hand shop yesterday, I'll post a pic if I wear it on my birthday. It was in the last shop I went to as well so just when I was feeling disheartened
Old 05-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #15  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

I revisited this thread, looking at all the pretty dresses , and I realized that I have no sense of style at all anymore. It has been sooooo long since I was at a weight I'm comfortable with that I've lost all sense of what I like and what types of clothing fit my personality.

For years I've been wearing just whatever I can find that covers my belly and butt. I haven't even worn a shirt with shorter than a 3/4 sleeve even in the middle of hot summers.

I suppose I have a long time to figure this out, looking at my tracker, but I'm just realizing that I'm puzzled over this.
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote