3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   Did you (or are you planning to) change anything about your appearance after loss? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/234431-did-you-you-planning-change-anything-about-your-appearance-after-loss.html)

green chick 07-17-2011 02:37 PM

Probably a new haircut, new clothes, and maybe even some makeup (I never wear makeup). But, nothing extreme like surgery or any of that jazz.

ringmaster 07-18-2011 08:00 AM

I've always wanted a couple of tattoos, but held off because my body is so soft and squishy and I worried if the tattoos would look different after weight loss.

I want to get something around my arms to cover some stretch marks.. maybe half sleeves, so it would be a pretty dramatic change.

MsThickMiddle 07-18-2011 08:08 PM

Mainly new clothing. Oh' I can't wait. I'm trying to plan accordingly as to making sure I reach my goal around tax time. lmao! Praying it works out. That would be fabulous to be able to just go shopping and not worry about what I want to wear vs what I have to wear! I would start tanning again as well. I miss it!

fuct 07-19-2011 11:16 AM

Since I'm so far away from goal and have no idea how my body will change as I lose the weight, I'm going to have to wait and see how I turn out.. but I'm thinking I would probably get a total body lift/arm/breast lift. Maybe cosmetic dentistry too, and I would like to try out contacts.. and laser hair removal, haha. But yeah since I'm unsure of how I will end up after weight loss, I'll just have to wait and find out.
Oh, and of course I forgot the clothes.. lots and lots of them.. and tattoos, and piercings.. more specifically microdermal implants.. I have some big ideas :D

amandabanana 07-19-2011 02:51 PM

When I reach my goal weight, I plan on cutting my hair. I've always had long, straight hair because I feel self conscious about my chubby face, and I want to try to see what I would look like with shorter hair.

banananutmuffin 07-21-2011 01:18 PM

I will probably dye my hair to have purple highlights (I've never dyed it ever before).

I'll definitely get jeans that fit. DH says all my jeans look like I have a load in my pants!

And I will get a kickin' pencil skirt that hugs my rear end!

mamawdi 07-24-2011 02:17 AM

I plan on buying all new clothes, getting a new hair style, dying and highlighting hair, getting eye brows done, salon nails, tanning, new makeup, and getting some dental work done. I am on a journey to find the old me which is hid under 46 pounds of blubber.

ringmaster 07-24-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamawdi (Post 3952318)
I plan on buying all new clothes, getting a new hair style, dying and highlighting hair, getting eye brows done, salon nails, tanning, new makeup, and getting some dental work done. I am on a journey to find the old me which is hid under 46 pounds of blubber.

heyyyy. you could reward yourself those little things as you lose weight, every 10 pounds or so. Don't wait till you lose weight for everything, getting eyebrows done and coloring my hair now are great confidence boosters.

Kasey87 07-26-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringmaster (Post 3953270)
heyyyy. you could reward yourself those little things as you lose weight, every 10 pounds or so. Don't wait till you lose weight for everything, getting eyebrows done and coloring my hair now are great confidence boosters.

I agree! Take care of yourself and love yourself now, no matter your weight. Feel the way you want to feel at your GW.

aimerbijoux 07-26-2011 06:11 PM

I haven't worn a swimsuit in years, so buying my first bikini will be the first thing on my list! After that I want to go on a huge shopping spree and buy all the clothes that I always passed up on because it didn't fit or didn't look good on me because of my size. Unfortunately I have always somewhat punished myself for being overweight, so in a way I deny myself the "good" treatment (e.g. new cute clothes, pretty hairstyles, spa trips, etc) because I save it for when I will lose weight - and then it will be "worth" it. Other than clothes, I think I would just take better care of myself in terms of haircare, skincare, and whatnot. Right now I just do the bare minimum, but I hope my weight loss will evolve me into a total "girly girl."

MadameZombie 07-27-2011 11:23 AM

I actually got braces around the time I decided to start losing weight so I'm hoping to reach my goal by the time they come off, I also want to whiten them. I saw a dermatologist to get rid of my acne, it's almost completely gone. I want to get a tan and maybe lighten my hair a bit more.

tsauelinaolen 08-06-2011 09:04 PM

I will definetly change my clothing style. I know what I like and what I want to wear, but some of the brands don't make the sizes I wear. So right now I wear whatever I can fit in. I mean, I still choose what I wear, even though it doesn't suit me (for example skinny jeans) I still wear them, because I feel like being fashionable. :)
Maybe I will change my hair too, but I'm not sure about that. I like the natural brunette way the best.