Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #1  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Default One thing I never expected...

most of my clothes at the moment are squarely in the "too big" category but I'm not at the point where I really want to buy new clothes (actually I'm trying to wait until I can fit into a Zara size 12.. I'm really close! Maybe 10 more pounds...).

Anyway, I've been constantly pulling my pants up for awhile now, I'm just used to that. What I didn't expect is that my shirts have much, much lower necklines now! I have to keep making sure that my bra is not showing and when I'm carrying DD that she didn't pull down my shirt to the point where I'm flashing people!!! Seriously, how in the world did me losing weight affect the neckline in my shirts? Anybody else have this problem?
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Yeah, I think that might have been my problem yesterday. I should have tried and probably purchased size S shirts at Old Navy the other day. They had some really cute CHEAP tops and I just picked up a medium because I'm a medium in all their dresses. This neckline is superbly low.

And yes, the more I drop, the lower all my necklines get. Crazy huh? I think it's because you lose in the back as well as the chest. Your diameter changes, and that changes the fit of the shirt pretty dramatically.

Last edited by Eliana; 03-17-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #3  

You have smaller breasts and maybe a smaller upper torso now-- less to fill out the shirts = lower necklines.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Yup, I had the same issues.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #5  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I haven't noticed my neck line as much as I have noticed the fitted bottom of the shirt is no longer fitting. It's just hanging there. Limp and sad looking. I went from a 16/18 and am currently at 12. I hung in there for as long as possible before I bought a few new outfits because when I surpassed 14, I looked dreadful. But your clothes may hang on you better than mine ever did!

I know people keep saying it's a good problem to have but my bank account is certainly taking a hit! LOL

Keep up the awesome work!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #6  
June

Thanks ladies that makes a lot of sense! It was just not something I ever thought about.

I actually went today to a local consginment shop in hopes of picking up a a few things for a good price. Yeah... the stupid place just sold designer stuff and had outrageous prices! I'm talking about stuff in the $100 range! I guess I will have to make do with my low cut shirts for the moment...
Old 03-18-2011, 08:18 AM   #7  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I absolutely hate buying scrub tops for work, and since they are little more than gunny sacks as it is, I'm wearing them as long as possible. Lately my tops are hanging at the neckline quite a bit, and when I bend over I've been giving the babies a cleavage shot! Time for some smaller tops!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #8  

Quote:
the stupid place just sold designer stuff and had outrageous prices! I'm talking about stuff in the $100 range! I guess I will have to make do with my low cut shirts for the moment...
So you're punishing yourself for the store's not selling what you want to buy?

How does this benefit you?
Old 03-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #9  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
So you're punishing yourself for the store's not selling what you want to buy?

How does this benefit you?
Sorry, I'm confused... how was I punishing myself?
Old 03-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #10  

By continuing to wear clothes that don't fit and that you were going to replace until the store sold stuff you do not want to buy.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HWK256/SW247/239/150

Height: 5'5"

I don't think thats what she meant. I too would try to wait and find moderately priced items and wear what I have until I find what I need. No punishment just being frugal. I am finding my tops a little on the lower side so I picked up a couple clearance plain white undershirts to layer if need be. usually walmart has decent undershirts.

Last edited by dancinginpaint; 03-22-2011 at 03:00 PM.
dancinginpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #12  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinginpaint View Post
I don't think thats what she meant. I too would try to wait and find moderately priced items and wear what I have until I find what I need. No punishment just being frugal. I am finding my tops a little on the lower side so I picked up a couple clearance plain white undershirts to layer if need be. usually walmart has decent undershirts.
Yes, that. We just moved and had to furnish an apt from scratch so we have absolutely no $$ right now! I was hoping I could afford a few things from consignment shop but at such high prices there was no way. It would've been more of a punishment if I had bought something and had to pay for it!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #13  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
I was hoping I could afford a few things from consignment shop but at such high prices there was no way.
You could try eBay They can have great deals:
http://fashion.ebay.com/womens-clothing
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 126.5/113/110

Height: 4'11

I just bought some new stuff on ebay. Nothing crazy, just a few things and I try and make sure they are new with tags.

The weird thing is some of my shoes don't fit! I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. I tried on some of my shoes from last summer and my foot slides through. Leave it to me to still have inches on my butt and thighs yet somehow lose weight in my feet! My tops have definitely gotten bigger like you guys mentioned. I can't seem to believe I am a small so I keep buying med/larges. I bought a new spring jacket in an "XS" and was shocked it fit. I had been trying on mediums and my mom started yelling at me!

I just layer cheap tank tops underneath my shirts that don't fit for now. Do you guys have a TJ Maxx or Century 21? They are great stores and not too expensive.
Lisa1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #15  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

I wear a cami under almost every sweater/shirt I own. I thought that all shirts were just really low cut for some reason. lol.

Buy some cami's at target - they aren't too much and will work with most necklines.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote