Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/172/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Default Any suggestions for a good facial moisturizer?

I was thinking of getting a light moisturizer I could use at night before bed. The one I was using is almost gone and so either I will stop using or find another one. I was using a Mark (Avon) product so I was thinking maybe this one?
http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.as...=33648&level=4
Has anyone on here tried it? It has gotten good reviews...

My ideal moisturizer would be:
*Less than $20 I hope...
*Light weight, non greasy

I don't think I am allergic to anything. I am prone to break outs occasionally so maybe that is important. The product I was using though isn't for breakouts but I really liked it. It was light, and smelled fresh and left my skin feeling good. But they discontinued it so I can't buy it again....
Thanks for any suggestions! Products I can buy in a store would be ok too.
Dagny18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Avon Rich Moisture Cream is not greasy and is not expensive. Avon has been selling this particular product for many years .
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

I have been using clinique mosturizer morning and night since I was 19 and it is amazing but I think it is about 21 or 22 dollars but it lasts for months.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #4  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

I really like Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer. its really nice and doesn't coast much at all. maybe 10?
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #5  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I am loving CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (not the face version, just the big cheap pump bottle). It's a drugstore moisturizer, but it has some effective ingredients more common in department-store brands (ceramides, hyaluronic acid). It's unscented and cheap as can be.

I tried the CeraVe PM facial moisturizer and found it a little overwhelming for my skin; it left my face feeling a little irritated. (I think they up the percentage on some of the active ingredients, making the product a little too active for sensitive skin.) The regular moisturizing lotion, though, is perfection for me. If your skin likes a little more "oomph," the face formulas might be just your ticket.

My hands also tend toward dryness, so I keep a bottle here near my keyboard; it's so grease-free that I can apply it, then go back to typing without getting oil everywhere. It's rare for me to find something that works as well for my hands as for my face, but this stuff does the trick.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

if you happen to have a lush (they're also online!) around you, take advantage of them and get their facial moisturizer. They're natural, eco friendly, and made with high quality fruit butters!

i don't recommend clinique- they're terrible with their animal testing procedures, if that's a problem for you.

Last edited by therex; 01-14-2011 at 07:01 PM.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

I feel like you're going to get as any different answers as you have replies.

I love Olay Complete for sensitive skin. I use it in the morning and add a few drops (3-4 tiny drops) of pure jojoba oil. The oil is available at TJ's, Whole Foods, or any health food place, and adds moisture without being greasy at all, or causing pimples (which I still get at 33).

At night, I don't actually use moisturizer. I use a 10% glycolic acid (AHA) lotion which moisturizes and also helps exfoliate. I really like it - the kind I get is from danielkern.com, but there are various AHA lotions around you can get other places.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 169/124/124

Height: 5'4"

I like this one, too. It has spf 15 in it. Costco has a coupon on it this month, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeypnd View Post
I really like Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer. its really nice and doesn't coast much at all. maybe 10?
Prism21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:43 PM   #9  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I don't think you can go wrong with anything made by Olay. I've been using their products for many years....the Olay Daily Facials to remove my makeup (even waterproof mascara!),Foaming Face Wash, Anti Wrinkle lotion, Anti Wrinkle Night Cream, Regenerist Serum....its all GREAT!!! I'll be 50 this year and still get mistaken for being in my early 30's. Thank you Olay!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I highly recommend a small bit of extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, or 100% pure aloe vera gel(this one absorbs the quickest).

Last edited by Horo; 01-19-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 280/172/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horo View Post
I highly recommend a small bit of extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, or 100% pure aloe vera gel(this one absorbs the quickest).
You put food on your face?!

I found a bottle of ponds moisturizer in my closet that I forgot I bought...I am going to try that for a while and save money. Then, if I have to buy another product.
Thanks for the suggestions!
Dagny18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 271/254/150

I've always used and loved Neutrogena Oil-free moisturizer with SPF 15. It's simple and feels great on. My skin is very sensitive and fair and it's never given me any trouble
alliesarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: See signature.

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeypnd View Post
I'll second Aveeno products! I use the Aveeno Ultra-Calming SPF15 daily moisturizer. I've been using the same bottle for months now, it's an amazing value, but most importantly, WOW, it works SO WELL. You don't have to use much, it absorbs quickly and totally. After I put it on, I can wash and dry my hands and touch my face and there's no greasy or lotiony feeling, it just feels like I have incredibly healthy, soft skin. I tried positively radiant, but it has soy in it, which I'm allergic to, so I switched to the ultra-calming, but if you don't have any allergies, I'm sure that either one will work. I highly recommend it.
AliceInFatland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #14  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I was a Ponds girl then a Neutrogena and an occasional Clarins girl for the longest time, but ever since I found Clinique Dramatically Different lotion last year, I can't see myself using anything else anymore. I thought Neutrogena was fine and if you want a drugstore brand it's pretty cheap $6ish but I think Clinique absolutely rocks. It's int the early twenties in terms of price so a little more than you said you wanted to spend, but it DOES last a long while (like maybe 4ish months of twice daily usage and I'm pretty generous with it).
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #15  

I also love Clinique Dramatically Different, but I buy the small sample one off of ebay which lasts a good two months.
Lately I wanted somethimg more lifting and anti-wrinkle so I invested in Mac and its fantastic! I love their products, worth the money.
It really depends on what you are looking for and you skin type. L'Oreal is good and has age appropriate products. Avon is also good and if something is tried and works for you.
usam is offline   Reply With Quote