Evans (UK) Sizing Question

• Hi! I wonder if anyone has any experience with the sizing at Evans (UK). I want to order this pink belted crinkle tunic for the spring, but I'm in between the measurements for size 18 - 20. My waist is 35" and my low hips are 47" --But I have small shoulders and wear a 36DDD or 36E I generally wear a size 14/16 US on top...

http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId =33054&storeId=12553&productId=1829227&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=209441&parent_ca tegoryId=209427&sort_field=Relevance&pageSize=20&r efinements=Size{1}~[18/20|20]&noOfRefinements=2

Wondering if I should order size 18 or 20? Any tips/help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • I did quite a bit of shopping in the UK when I studied abroad there. For the most part, you need to buy one size bigger in UK sizes.

It sounds like you have a similar body type to me...smaller on top than the bottom....which makes buying this type of shirt difficult. I would go for the 20 because you don't want it to be too tight on your hips and the cinch in the middle will allow some wiggle room if it is a little bit big on top.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Quote: I did quite a bit of shopping in the UK when I studied abroad there. For the most part, you need to buy one size bigger in UK sizes.

It sounds like you have a similar body type to me...smaller on top than the bottom....which makes buying this type of shirt difficult. I would go for the 20 because you don't want it to be too tight on your hips and the cinch in the middle will allow some wiggle room if it is a little bit big on top.

Just my 2 cents.
    Thank you, Somethingnew! That's what my instincts are telling me too -- I'll go with the 20. As you say there's the belt and I can cinch that as needed --Thank you!
  • No problem It's a cute shirt, enjoy it!