3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   personal and embarrassing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/212424-personal-embarrassing.html)

dolcevita 09-14-2010 02:57 PM

personal and embarrassing

i don't know if this has been discussed before :(. but i figured i'd post as it's embarrassing. does anyone have/or had facial hair due to weight/hormones/heredity etc? and if so how did you get rid of it/cover it up? or does anyone know of a way to make it stop? Thanks!

Slim CB 09-14-2010 03:00 PM

My sister did.....she had a terrible case of it. She went to the dermatologist who prescribed some creams (to take away the spots that came up as a result of her constantly plucking the hair) and she also did some laser treatments. I couldnt believe it when I saw her....the hair and the ugly spots are all gone. And she is now down to 1 visit per year.

caryesings 09-14-2010 03:05 PM

I'm an extremely fair skinned brunette who grows hair everywhere. Tried every OTC solution over the years, then spent even more years plucking and shaving face daily because I was just too scared to try laser and/or electrolysis. Finally in my mid 40s I learned the facial hair situation likely to get worse after menopause so I sucked it up and tried both electrolysis and laser. Both are painful, but for me the individual zaps of electrolysis is something I can take, while the "big zap" of laser was not. Very, very, happy with the results.

BlueFlower 09-14-2010 03:12 PM

Sorry :(
The long ones (like from a mole) I pluck.
For the jaw line, upper lip, I use a OTC wax strip, like this:

http://www.wekenshop.com/images/Hair...lWaxStrips.jpg
I get it a Sally's Beauty Supply.

It only stings a little. I hate it, but I've been doing it for years. Usually every 6-8 weeks.

Good luck!

fitkristi 09-14-2010 03:14 PM

Yup, I have some facial hair, mostly due to my PCOS. I pluck - though I am always looking for a better solution!

Pandabear 09-14-2010 03:16 PM

Avon

I have this problem just because of heredity, i hate getting my eyebrows waxed because then i jear seconds later "you want lip wax?" ugghh i use Avons hair removal cream, its not made of the face but if you use it for about2 mins then put on a nice thick layer of moisturizer afterwards it works great, test it on your skin first though since different people react differently to certain products

guamvixen 09-14-2010 03:22 PM

My sister used to have it really bad. Then she got electrolysis. The results were really positive! She looks great! For me, I used to grow this ONE THICK HAIR on my chin. It looked like a pube. It was awful. AND...I had the same one on my chest, just ONE SINGLE HAIR that grew overnight like mushrooms do. I'd pluck it, and it would be back the next day. It was the weirdest thing ever. Anyway...long story short, after I met my healthy weight, both hairs just disappeared. Whew!

JenMusic 09-14-2010 03:39 PM

Electrolysis. I have never regretted getting it done.

L144S 09-14-2010 03:46 PM

laser,
did not do my face but did do under arms and bikini line, worth every penny

dolcevita 09-14-2010 03:47 PM

thanks ladies! i'm going to find out about electrolysis. :) it's very embarrassing and i've tried everything. i feel like i spend a lot of time (and $$) but don't seem to be making any progress. :( and every little bit helps when it comes to feeling better about yourself!

plumeria 09-14-2010 03:48 PM

I pluck them. Constantly. Looking forward to getting rid of them as the weight comes off.

dolcevita 09-14-2010 04:00 PM

plumeria - where in VA are you? i live in VA too. :)

dancerindenver 09-14-2010 04:26 PM

Such a bummer that we get hair where we don't want it. As if we didn't have enough other things to worry about, right? ;)

I'm a huge fan of laser hair removal and can't say enough good things about it (make sure to get the numbing cream first though). I didn't have it on my face but I went from getting 5 o'clock shadow on my legs to never needing to shave my underarms, bikini line or legs again. It's WONDERFUL! I've heard they have some newish lotions out with hair growth suppressant in them - here's a link to one but I haven't tried it myself, just heard good things from friends. http://www.amazon.com/Aveeno-Positiv...owViewpoints=1

Good luck!

shortandfluffy 09-14-2010 04:30 PM

I've thought about electrolosis.. I get my upper lip and eye brows waxed. If I wait too long for my lip my DH calls me "moustachio". Butthead. LOL

ringmaster 09-14-2010 05:14 PM

how much does the electrolysis cost (lets say, just upper lip for starters)? do you just go to a salon or is it a doctor thing?

oh... and I wax and use an epilator thing, but they don't remove the hair that's just growing in and too short to grab.