Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-25-2010, 10:13 AM   #1  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Default Lush Cosmetics!

Is anyone else here a Lush fan? I just received my first order from them yesterday as a premature reward for getting out of the 130's and I am already in love!

I got Trichomania solid shampoo, Jungle solid conditioner, Alkmaar soap, Silky Underwear dusting powder, and an All That Jas(mine) bath bomb.

My hair feels AMAZING. I don't think I have ever used a better hair product! And it doesn't have all that nasty synthetic silicone stuff in it! The conditioner threw me off bit because it didn't make my hair feel slippery like normal conditioners when it was wet, but after I dried it, OMG. So soft and shiny! And I smell amazing. And I feel good because all the stuff I got is organic, vegan, and unpackaged. I can't wait to hop in the shower again!

What are some of your favorites?
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Never heard of Lush Cosmetics.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #3  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I've never used their cosmetics or skin products, but I am a major fan of those big, crunchy, sandy-looking bath bombs of theirs.

And also I am just finishing using up a slab of their chocolate espresso soap. (Or some scent like that -- I know there's chocolate & coffee involved.) Loved that, as well, but it was a bit soft & did not hold up as well in the shower as the better French-milled soaps from other makers that I like, like Acca Kappa & L'Occitane.

Last edited by saef; 06-25-2010 at 10:28 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #4  

Another Lushie here! I love,love, love the products. Here are my favorites:

shampoo: godiva, trichomania, reincarnate
conditioner: american cream, okra
shower gel/smoothie: flying fox, turkish delight, lime smoothie
lotion: karma, ginger, potion
other favs: ocean salt, lemony flutter, angels on bare skin, glorious mud, mint julep lip scrub, some massage bars, volcano foot mask

A lush pampering is my favorite reward at the end of a difficult day. BTW have you tried mailorder from UK? Can save some $$ on most products.
simplejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #5  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

I haven't. I looked on the UK website, and they have a few things that the US one doesn't have, too! Cool! It makes me so happy... I can't believe I hadn't discovered Lush until now.

Do you use Ocean Salt every day or just occasionally? I was thinking about getting some. My skin is pretty oily, but miraculously not breakout-prone. I saw some reviews that said it was drying, so I wasn't sure. And Angels on Bare Skin looks pretty amazing as a cleanser as well. I currently use Clinique facial stuff but I'm trying to kind of phase out most of the synthetic products with scary chemicals in my life. The only thing I'm not too sure about is the natural deodorant thing... haha.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #6  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

I liked lush.... then I found it dried my skin out something HORRIBLE after about a month of continuous use. I can't use it. It does smell amazing though.
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I've always wondered about Lush! Never really seriously considered them only because I didn't know of anyone raving about a certain product of theirs and it kind of hurts my head to stay in the store for an extended period of time. They must be popular enough considering my little town has a store in the mall so maybe I should check it out! Your post really makes me want to try the shampoo and conditioners!

btw, I use natural deodorant. I can't remember the name at the moment but I bought it from Costco (of all places). My review: works for a day at the office but was lacking for a day working the yard. But I'm super conscious of my body smell so I may be sensitive. My hubby doesn't seem to have any problem with it.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #8  

I use ocean salt only once a week on face as I have very dry skin. I love the scrubbing power and smell of ocean salt but my face cannot handle more often use. I do use it as part of my mani/pedi routine and it is wonderful for that. Just slather on some lemony flutter first on your hands and feet and scrub it off with ocean salt. Makes the skin very soft.

AOBS is my everyday cleanser and works perfectly for my skin.

I have not tried any deodorant from Lush. I use Tom's of Maine and works great for me. I do have to reapply it during hot summer days.

I use Shiseido face lotion but rest of my skin/hair care products are from Lush.
simplejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #9  

I used to be totally in love with Lush, until one of my friends went into making soap herself, and of course hers are even better.

Concerning natural deodorant: I've been using crystal deodorant for years now, it's basically a big salt crystal that you wet before using. I was sceptical at first, because I'm very sensitive about my body odor, but it works lovely - and most important of all, it has no smell of it's own (I don't like the smell of most deodorants). So I can really recommend them! They might cost a bit (don't know, they are pretty cheap where I get them) but they last forever (and I really mean forever), unless you drop them...
3FCuser001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #10  
Mel

I love them I use their face masks (Love Lettuce is my favorite) and their moisturing butter bars, and the lemon/avocado butter stuff that I can't remember the name of. I also have the ocean salt scrub that I use every once in a while om my calloused hands and feet. I had some lavender body scrub that looked like pate whcih was wonderful, but it crumbled away in the shower.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm a big fan of Lush, too. My favorites are the Dream Cream, the body butters, and the bath bombs, and I have a slab of Godmother soap in a pretty dish next to my kitchen sink that I love.
I've only tried a sample of the salt scrub, but love it, and it's on my wish list for my next visit.

I was very disappointed with the bath jellies, though. They're hard to tear off a piece and you lose a lot of it in clumps on the shower floor, too. I won't be buying those again.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm pretty active on the Lush Forum. I use Gorgeous face cream and Enchanted Eye Cream. I love Happy Hippy (grapefruit) shower gel in the summer. I'm very excited that there is black pearl (lavender, black currant and chamomile) shower gel in Australia and hope I can buy it in the US soon.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 234/227/160

Height: 5'9

I LOVE lush!!!! Omgsh you just reminded me i'm due. I absolutely love their bath bombs, bubble bars and bath melts. If you are a fan of baths all three of those are a must!!
Nmont320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #14  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

I Lush!

My fav products: Reincarnate Solid Shampoo (best shampoo EVER!), Aqua Marina face cleanser (looks weird, works great ) Celestial Facial Moisturizer (the only one I've found that doesn't drive my skin crazy), and Karma perfume (the scent is amazing!).
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #15  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

i really like the bathbombs and bath melts. i like that their products are natural. and they are fun. very relaxing bath time.
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote