Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #1  

Location: Orignally from Central Ohio area now going to school in Utah

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Default Treats for meeting mini-goals and goal?

Do you guys "treat" yourself whenever you meet a mini-goal or even a bigger treat for your overall goal? If so what kind of things do you treat yourself with? How often do you do this? Do you feel like it has helped you achieve goals faster?

So far I have lost a little over 15lbs and I'm thinking that at 20lbs I'm going to go buy a new outfit and then at 30lbs to get my hair done and eyebrows threaded. Thats all I have for mini-goal treats and I'm looking for some more ideas! I know this sounds silly but my over all goal treat is to get pregnant again hahaha.... I want to lose weight before I get again and that is a huge point of motivation for me. So once my goal is reached we will start trying to concieve.

What about you?!?
BrittniMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #2  
Lo-Carbin'

S/C/G: 197/See Ticker!/150

Height: 5'7

My goals are similar. New clothes, manicures, pedicures for mini-goals. I'm also trying to lose the weight so I can become pregnant again and that will be my ultimate goal as well.
sawa1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #3  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

I'm getting my nose pierced when I get to 130 (I'm not sure what my final goal weight is, but 130 has always been a "magic" number for me). I've been wanting to get it done for THE LONGEST time.
I've been off-plan and sitting at 167 for a while now, so when I break out and get into the 150's, I'm going to get my eyebrows threaded and get a basic manicure (can you believe I've never had a manicure..?)
- When I get into the 140's I plan on getting a my hair cut and shortened.
- When I get to my ultimate goal, obviously I'm getting a new wardrobe, BUT, only after I give away ALL of my clothes that are too big- that way I won't feel like there's cushion room.
Starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

My goals are a bit on the hazy side but here we go:

Wherever I am by Christmas/New Years: Some new pretty underwear/bras, as a present to myself, and then I'll obviously be getting new ones as I size out of them. But these are just like a few pretty ones, as opposed to beige and blah.

As for the numbers

170: Manicure
160: Manicure and pedicure
150: One new 'pretty/frivolous' outfit
140: New jeans
130: Manicure and pedicure
120: Pretty dress or something
112 (final goal weight!!!!!!): New clothes!!!!! And my mom and dad promised me a full on spa treatment, the works, manicure and pedicure, facial, and a massage.
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I treat myself all the time--with anything that is appealing other than food of limited nutritional value. Double features, long coffees with girlfriends, a new shirt or shoes, new lipstick, a nice lotion, etc. Like I said--anything but crap food. I will reward with good food--like high quality fish or a pint of organic raspberries or whatever.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Brittni-interesting you should post this. I've been thinking a lot about this lately after someone else posted something similar. She had already decided what she was going to reward herself with for every 10 lbs for the first 70 she lost or something like that and it completely blew me away. I have lost substantial amounts of weight twice before and never used any kind of "reward" system. Of course I had to buy new clothes but I saw that as a necessity and not a reward although don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it. I will tell you, I did the "giving my fat clothes away so I'll have nothing to go back to" thing and it didn't work. At least not for me. I ended up having to buy more fat clothes which only pissed me off. I didn't give away my "skinny clothes" I just packaged them up and stored them in the garage. Recently I brought them back in the house for motivation. I've decided this time, I'm packaging up the fat clothes and putting them in the garage for awhile. I plan to make it to goal and once I've maintained for a few months, then I'll get rid of the fat clothes.

At any rate, I've decided that I'm going to reward myself for every 15 lbs. I haven't decided on all the rewards but for the first one, I'm gonna get a massage at the yoga studio where I go. For 45 lbs (which will put me back in onederland again!) I'm going to go on a trip for a long weekend somewhere, and the grand prize for reaching goal is diamond earrings. Something I've always wanted but can never justify buying for myself just for the heck of it. I agree that food, or at least, non-nutritious food should not be a reward. That would be counter-productive.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #7  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Mine aren't super-specific, but since I have 30 pounds to lose I think I'll give myself a reward for every 10. I plan to reward myself with:

1) New haircut
2) Crazy hair color, professionally done (this is probably the last point in my life I'll be able to get away with having purple hair, I might as well live it up)
3) Buy myself a completely new outfit, head to toe, from my favorite clothing store of all time (it's definitely more expensive than clothes I usually wear, and I don't make a lot of money, but once I've reached my weight loss goal, I will have EARNED those jeans & sweaters & scarves! I can't wait for that shopping trip!!)

I've also thought about buying a planet ticket to somewhere extravagant in spring, if I've reached my goal by then... take a trip to Europe or Hawaii or something... that might be a little over-the-top though On the other hand, if it gets me to lose the weight, then maybe I SHOULD make that my final goal.
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Skyra--NOT over the top--I am going to Europe in two weeks!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Skyra-definately NOT over the top. Heck-I'm planning on diamond earrings! And I'm not talking a $99 pair!
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #10  

Location: Orignally from Central Ohio area now going to school in Utah

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Heck if you have the money not over the top! hahaha My husband and I are both going to school full-time and only working part-time and have a 9 month old daughter so we just can't up and leave to Europe! But if we could... we would!!! Many people think my goal of "getting pregnant" is over the top haha Each to his own!
BrittniMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:06 AM   #11  
Sr. Spud Scarfing Member

Height: 5'2"

I just posted about this...I want to reward myself with long hair via extensions. They're pretty expensive but I know it's the best incentive for me to lose the weight!
skinnynsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 244/215/150

In 3 or 4 pounds which is (10% or 25 pounds lost) I am going to get my hair cut and colored at some posh salon. I haven't done that in about a year and a half so that will definitely be a treat. At 50 pounds I'm going to get something from Tiffanys. I like Skyra's idea of treating at every 10 lbs, maybe I'll make it a pedicure and a new outfit at every 10 lbs lost. I ultimately want to lose 73 more pounds hopefully that will be achieved by next November and I plan on going to Paris and London then so that will be my ultimate reward to myself!
chicagoatnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #13  
banned

I always pamper myself when I achieve my mini goals. I could be on a shopping spree, a relaxing spa or a day in bed.
mort20 is offline   Reply With Quote