Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #1  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Default Foundation Issue

I have never been one to wear make up. I just have never thought of me as pretty nor did I believe make up would help me at all. Well, awhile back I bought some covergirl foundation and some of that revlon skin matching foundation. The problem is both leave my skin orangish looking so I am thinking I most likely got the wrong color. When I got my income tax refund in Feb, it was a really small check but I decided to go to Lancome and have a make up lady there help me. She put it on me and it all looked good there at the store. I paid for the high priced makeup and left pretty satisfied. I haven't used it myself until today. And what do I notice? My skin looks orangish. I am sure I can not take it back now plus I no longer have receipts and I can not afford to buy anything else, not even the wal mart cheap stuffs. My question is - is there a way I can fix what I have to be able to use it without looking like a pumpkin?
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/246/140

Height: 5'4

you definelty can take it back. What they will do is just exchange it for another one. My issue with foundation is that i am so pale i can not find a light enough colour.

I have returned a lot of different make up items and majority of store will exchange it for you and help you find a new one. Just let them know that it makes you orange.
princess jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Also, Walgreens or RiteAid (or both) have a no-questions return policy for makeup. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's an actual return and not exchange policy. The ads even say, if you decide you don't like the color, bring it back.

But definitely, they should take back the Lancome foundation you bought. Tell them the color is orange in natural lighting.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Well, it definitely is the wrong color.I used to have that same problem. I have dark brown hair and brown eyes but my skin is very light.Some makeups say they are for brunettes, those are the ones that look orange on me. Anything marked medium is too dark. I find the best colors for me are Cover Girl Cream makeup in Creamy Natural or Avon Beyond color Mousse foundation in Bisque. And they are not terribly expensive. When I get something too dark and I can't return it I use a little of the bad color and blend in the lighter color.Because I am a tightwad I can't bear to throw it away.Colors in the artificial lighting in the store look entirely different in daylight or the light in your bathroom

Last edited by bargoo; 08-24-2009 at 01:31 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Out of curiousity, have you ever tried mineral foundation? There is no comparison in mineral foundation & liquid.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Well, it definitely is the wrong color.I used to have that same problem. I have dark brown hair and brown eyes but my skin is very light.Some makeups say they are for brunettes, those are the ones that look orange on me. Anything marked medium is too dark. I find the best colors for me are Cover Girl Cream makeup in Creamy Natural or Avon Beyond color Mousse foundation in Bisque. And they are not terribly expensive. When I get something too dark and I can't return it I use a little of the bad color and blend in the lighter color.Because I am a tightwad I can't bear to throw it away.Colors in the artificial lighting in the store look entirely different in daylight or the light in your bathroom

Thank you so much!!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
Out of curiousity, have you ever tried mineral foundation? There is no comparison in mineral foundation & liquid.

No I haven't tried it.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:04 PM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I used liquid foundation for years...then I used BE (Bare Escentuals mineral make up)...now I use Smoky Mountain Minerals. BEST stuff I've ever used! The colors are excellent and if by chance you order too light or too dark....they sell color corrector, you add a few pinches and blend till you get the shade you need. Its also very reasonably priced and a little goes a long way
http://smokymountainminerals.com
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #9  
Resident Pixie

Thanks so much Kim, I'll check it out
Old 08-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I've tried the minerals makeup and just end up looking powdery. My skin likes cream makeup best but liquid is ok.Getting the right color is half the battle, once you find it you never want to let it go.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #11  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

LOVE the minerals...easy to use, always look great...gotta blend blend blend!!! And no skin reactions! Life doesn't get much better -- and thanks to Ms JerseyGirl who gave great advice about it here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...e-powders.html

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #12  
Resident Pixie

Thanks Kira
Old 08-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/210/150

Height: 5'10"

Smile for a cheaper remedy

If you are poor like me, and shop mostly at walmart, I just started using maybelline pure makeup, in porcelain ivory. Its water based so it doesnt leave my skin oily, but it has really great coverage and stays on all day. My husband even noticed the switch and was pleased. I used covergirl before and noticed several times the orangeness of my face. Im not going back, thats for sure. Maybe you could give it a try.
lizziekeadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:23 PM   #14  
Resident Pixie

Thanks Lizzie. I will definitely check it out
Old 08-24-2009, 11:41 PM   #15  

Height: 5'9"

I'm pretty pale. And I buy my make up at Walmart, can't beat their prices! Anyways, I use the classic cover girl liquid (in the little bottle) in classic ivory, and then I use that maybelline mineral power powder stuff in classic ivory also, over the liquid. Looks very natural, can't even tell I am wearing cover up

Last edited by luvja; 08-24-2009 at 11:44 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote