3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   Foundation Issue (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/179999-foundation-issue.html)

Onederchic 08-24-2009 11:49 PM

I agree :D

LotusMama 08-25-2009 12:12 AM

Onderchic--

Sounds like you are getting loads of good advice here. Like others, I used liquid foundation for years. Now, I use mineral make-up and would never switch back. It seems like a powder would not cover that much, but it does and it looks way more natural on me than the liquid ever did. I use Bare Essentials. They have a "starter" kit which will give you two shades of foundation for your skin tone so you can try each to see which works better for you.

Cheers,

J

Onederchic 08-25-2009 12:14 AM

Oooers, thanks J :)

JerseyGyrl 08-25-2009 06:28 AM

My main reasons for switching from BE (Bare Escentuals) to SMM (Smoky Mountain Minerals) was, the foundation colors just were not "right" for my skin and BE contains Bismuth Oxycholoride which many are sensitive to and may result in redness & itching. You must also "buff" BE into your skin....with SMM, you just brush it on. There is no shiny look, just a very natural, finished look. You don't look like you're wearing makeup at all (at least this is what DBF tells me:) ). The important thing to remember with mineral makeup is, moisturize your skin before you apply it and give your moisturizer time to sink into your skin & dry well before you brush on your minerals.

Onederchic 08-25-2009 06:46 AM

I just bookmarked the site, Kim. As soon as I can get my bf to let go of some money, I will try it out :)

Onederchic 08-25-2009 12:21 PM

Another question -

My bf said last night that without a doubt my skin complexion is olive..I don't even know what the heck that means but anyway..how do I know which color is right for me?

ChloeG 08-25-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess jen (Post 2891678)
you definelty can take it back. What they will do is just exchange it for another one. My issue with foundation is that i am so pale i can not find a light enough colour.

I have returned a lot of different make up items and majority of store will exchange it for you and help you find a new one. Just let them know that it makes you orange.

My daughter and I both have had the problem of not being able to find a light enough shade - we've even used a goth white mixed in with our foundation before.

Well, problem solved - CoverGirls Number 205 Simply Ageless is very light. In fact, it's about two shades lighter than it looks in the compact (it's a cream foundation). In reviews of the foundation, people loved it but complained that they looked like a ghost no matter what color they used. You can buy it at Wal-Mart and if you don't like the color you can take it back. Bet it works for you!

JerseyGyrl 08-25-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onederchic (Post 2893559)
Another question -

My bf said last night that without a doubt my skin complexion is olive..I don't even know what the heck that means but anyway..how do I know which color is right for me?

If you're planning on ordering from SMM....I'd say most likely the medium foundation would be your best bet. If it turns out to be too dark for you, you can always order the color corrector and lighten it up...http://www.smokymountainminerals.com...15/6240028.htm

Onederchic 08-25-2009 12:50 PM

Thanks Kim :D

misschloe 08-31-2009 06:05 AM

i have pale skin and the best colour match i have found for me is revlon colour stay in buff. it's a cheapie but it's great

i've tried mac, chanel, shu uemera clinique etc etc and this is the best match - pale but not pasty and no orangey-ness.

if you want to tone down the makeup you've bought you could try mixing it with moisturiser on the back of your hand before applying, this will dilute it a little.

canadia 08-31-2009 07:08 AM

Onederchic, if your complexion is olive, it means your skin has a green undertone. It also means you have a cool complexion. Do you look good in pastels, black, and white? That's a cool complexion. Knowing this is really helpful when finding makeup, because a lot of companies -- even drug store brands -- will actually put indicators on their foundation whether it's cool (C), warm (W), or neutral (N). Next time you buy foundation, find a colour that matches the general tone of your skin (pale, medium, dark, etc) and then check to see if it has a C, W, or N next to it. You'll want to buy a foundation with either C or N next to the number.

Onederchic 09-01-2009 11:22 AM

Thanks canadia, I will definitely keep that in mind. The stuffs from Lancome I have has a (W) on it :(