3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   Swimsuits with Bra Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/173588-swimsuits-bra-support.html)

CruiseCAT 06-06-2009 06:35 PM

Swimsuits with Bra Support

I need a good swimsuit with bra support. I've always had issues with saggy breast but since losing weight my boobs point straight down (my nipples almost touch my belly button). Sorry I know TMI but my saggy boobs are a real issue and I haven't been able to find a good swimsuit that will keep them up.

I have found two sites in the UK but I am looking for something here in the states, preferably where I can go in and try them on. Does anyone have a suggestion.

koolkiwi 06-06-2009 07:03 PM

Lands end has underwire bra swimsuits. Sears usually has some instock otherwise its online ordering. I just got 2 tankinis with underwire from landsend.com for $10 each otherwise they are kind of expensive. But being a DD I need all the support I can get and they certainly worked for me.

Chelby29 06-06-2009 07:21 PM

I just got a DDD underwire suit from Lands End. It looks great and supports really well. The material is sturdy. I like it!

suefrommars 06-06-2009 09:51 PM

I love Lands End suits. There is a great two piece one with shorts. It is so comfortable!! ANd ...it holds the girls in and up!

FrouFrou 06-07-2009 10:11 AM

I need to find one with support too! DD took a pic of me in my suit last week and OMG! Didn't realize they were hanging down to my knees, yikes! Going to have to check out Lands End for sure

CJZee 06-07-2009 10:34 AM

SALE at Land's End on swimsuits .... ends TOMORROW !!! (June 8) I just bought two. You can return them to a local Sears store if you don't like them.

Thighs Be Gone 06-07-2009 10:49 AM

Victoria's Secrets (online only) have a wonderful, wonderful selection that have BOTH underwire and heavy padding.

Miraclesuits (available at better dept. stores) are also fantastic suits. The smallest size they make though is an 8.

kaebea 06-07-2009 09:10 PM

i like this swimsuit company. below is the suit i bought in a size 14. i am a 36 C cup and this supports me very well.
they are pricey, but are chlorine resistant. as a regular year round swimmer, one of these lasted me about 3 years. i'm only on my second one.
there is an option of shelf bra or soft cup. if you need the extra support as I do, the soft cup works well. i see they also have a DD suit and mastectomy suits if you browse the site.

http://www.h2owear.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SBCR

hope that helps someone out.
kb.

sockmonkey70 06-21-2009 02:45 PM

Try Dillards. They are expensive but the suits are really nice, and many of them have bras built in with underwire :)

rachinma 06-26-2009 02:00 PM

Another vote for Lands' End.

CamiToo 06-26-2009 02:39 PM

I'd suggest Dolfin (also called Ocean) or Speedo brands, looking specifically for suits where the description indicates that they have a soft cup or feathered edge cup. If it doesn't say either of those things, it won't have support. And if it's to be worn in chlorinated water, I'd suggest going with polyester or PBT. Avoid most lycra blend suits in you spend alot of time in the pool.

JulieJ08 06-26-2009 02:52 PM

I've never found that the soft cups do *anything* for me.

plus style 12-30-2009 01:45 PM

Carol Wior and Miraclesuit make swimsuits with bust support and fabulous control - you can find plus size swimsuits from these designers at AlwaysForMe.com.

LeedaRenee 12-30-2009 02:01 PM

I agree, Miraclesuits are AWESOME! I have one in a size 12 and it is my favorite suit of all. It also gives me a nice waistline.

tilaf 01-05-2010 04:28 AM

I second the Miracle Suits
I have had mine for years and it's still holding up well. It's the only suit that holds up the girls! lol