Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Default THIS is why I don't buy clothes that are too small...

I normally don't buy clothes that I'll fit into "when I lose 5 more pounds" - either something fits, or it doesn't.

However, I found the CUTEST retro jeans at the thrift shop, and as they were just a *smidge* too small, I thought, you know what, I'll grab them.

I've tried them on every few pounds... Today is the first day that the waist has fit really nicely, without giving me a muffin top...

It is ALSO the first day that the butt, instead of being snug and cute, looks kind of saggy!

ARGH!!!!!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #2  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

poor you! anything a tailor can fix? =(
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #3  
the skies way bigger.

S/C/G: 66/61/50

Height: 5'3"

that's a fantastic problem to have! I'm sure a good seamstress would be able to fit it for you easy.
lixximajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Darn! Being a fairly decent seamstress, I can tell you that to take up jeans in the seat is quite difficult if you want a professional looking job, especially if they have pockets... I'm hoping that since they are a thrift shop find, you didn't spend a lot on them. Maybe the shop would "trade" you for something that fits?
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:49 AM   #5  
Snazzy Person. :]

S/C/G: 166/149/130

Ha ha. I've had that before.
Its like 'Yay I've lost weight'
But 'Crap these don't fit!'
katie m a r i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

omg, I know the feeling...I am totally falling out of my favorite pair of jeans...I keep them up with a belt...but I am

A: too loyal to a favorite pair to get a new pair
B: to cheap to get a new pair...

I realize now...these things are going to start looking really tacky and cover up my weight loss!

Good job on buying a goal! I read that people who keep skinny clothes in the closet are MORE likely to lose weight and keep it off compared to those who don't...whoa...thank goodness I got a pair!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I know what you mean, I have the same kinds of problems if I buy things too small. But lately I can't help myself. It's one thing to buy my current size when I have 30 pounds to lose and will wear it a while. But when I have 5-8 pounds left ... yeah, I can't bring myself to buy things that will be a little too big this summer (and forever).
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #8  
Battling the Inches

S/C/G: 185/162/142

Height: 5'7

And this is why I buy cheap/Excuse me/clearance cloths... much more affordable on a lose win basis! Great job though. Maybe do some buns exercises, or wear those funny fanny shorts to give yourself a butt implant if you love the pants so much :P
LunaValkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:08 PM   #9  
Anna77

S/C/G: 191/185/125

I read that people who keep skinny clothes in the closet are MORE likely to lose weight and keep it off compared to those who don't

Thank you for posting that! Losing will surely be a CINCH for me, I've got clothes from 16 all the way down to 6!
I'm the world's worst about buying clothes that are 5 or 10 lbs too small, if they are at the rock bottom sale price. Which means I have a lot of pants with the tags still on....

Last edited by Anna77; 03-18-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Anna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

You know I bought a skirt for one freaking dollar! It was aquamarine blue and brown--tiny argyle pattern by Ann Taylor..nicely lined..gorgeous fabric...everything. I bought it probably two months ago..it was a size 2. I don't know WHAT I was thinking. I tried it on this morning and it is still is too form fitting for me to be comfortable but i have to say it looked better than I thought it would! LOL. Anyway, it was just $1 and it's fun to keep thinking about and pondering..and every now and again, I am gonna slip it on!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #11  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna77 View Post
I read that people who keep skinny clothes in the closet are MORE likely to lose weight and keep it off compared to those who don't

Thank you for posting that! Losing will surely be a CINCH for me, I've got clothes from 16 all the way down to 6!
I'm the world's worst about buying clothes that are 5 or 10 lbs too small, if they are at the rock bottom sale price. Which means I have a lot of pants with the tags still on....
You and me both. The good/bad news is I only have a few of the in between sizes (12/10); exactly where I am at now.

What do "they" say about people who hang on to the larger sizes? I went through my closet three weeks ago and replaced my 16/14's for just about everything else I had in other closets. Problem is I have put the larger sizes in the office to either donate or sell on e-Bay but still have done nothing with them.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

eBay is pretty useful for finding bargains and selling off what you don't want/need. A nice idea here would be to find 3-5 items you don't want/can't use, auction them on eBay, accept Paypal, then use your profit to buy something you want.

Su-Bee, just know that you are not alone. Lots of times clothes that fit don't fit right. I wish you luck with figuring something with those pants...

I still keep a box of clothes that don't fit me anymore- maybe one day they will again.

Last week at Walmart there were LOTS of really nice pants (my style, $9), but I didn't get them because they -just- wouldn't zip and button properly

Last edited by ferretgirl; 03-27-2009 at 03:37 PM.
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #13  
angelmom313

Three years ago, I went "shopping" for professional clothing (not cheap). Well, I bought only a few things I could wear and I found all these deals on clothing that was about 2 sizes too small (about $500 worth of professional clothing). I told myself as I was buying it "I will lose weight and look awesome in this", then....I ended up gaining even more weight. Now I have these nice clothes and I am NOT giving them up. I WILL GET INTO THEM THIS YEAR! But, I do regret it because I could have done something else with the money at that time...Next time I have a hair-brained idea like that, I hope it is at a thrift shop.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I bought a real nice suit once when it was a little too small. I ended up gaining instead of losing. Then this past year, when I lost, I had no opportunity to wear it, and now it's too big! Never worn.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 213/169/150

I bought a suit for $35.. I was so excited and it fit at the time.. next thing I knew, I was pregnant and gaining weight like crazy.. I never got to wear the suit. My friend who was losing weight as I was gaining traded some clothes with me and at least I've seen her wearing it a few times I'm hoping to get it back in a couple of months when I can get back into it.
paperSkin is offline   Reply With Quote