Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #16  
Skinny Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I really want the laser treatment... Do you know how expensive it was for your friend? I've gotten some quotes and it can be quite pricey...
She bought a machine for use at home - some fancy contraption from France! I can find out more if you like.
yogajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:15 PM   #17  
Progress, not perfection!

S/C/G: 132/118/110

Height: 5'0

Quote:
A bunch that were ingrown are actually coming up and seem to be happier.

lol. Gotta love happy pubes.

So glad to see this thread. My hubby was going to get me one for my birthday and I chickened out. I tried to do it at home once and it was so horrendous, I don't even want to retell the tale. So that has me scared. Plus, self-consciousness. When I get nervous, I get gassy. I can't believe I just said that.

Maybe for Christmas.
offmyfranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:27 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
When I get nervous, I get gassy. I can't believe I just said that.
*giggle* I just nearly spit diet coke on my laptop.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #19  

Height: 5'5"

About how much do you guys pay/tip? I've seen a bunch of different prices quoted in this area, and I'm sure it varies by region. Just not sure if it's something I want to be cheap with, you know?

A couple of years ago a friend of mine was studying to be an esthetician and went to a yearly conference in Vegas. She said that they had people teaching the newest techniques in brazilians in front of a huge audience, on a huge big screen TV. Live.

I could NOT imagine volunteering for that, but from her stories people studying for that line of work are definitely not shy!
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #20  

I pay $65 and I tip 20%. Except the one time she did my brows for free just because I was going out of town to meet my guy for the weekend. Then I think I tipped 50%.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #21  
Workin' It

Mine was $35, I tipped $15. Just felt like I needed to tip her extra for having to put her hands down there...

And offmyfranny, since you mentioned it I'll share this - I am also sometimes a little gassy... I took Advil & GasEx before going in just in case... And, had no problem whatsoever...

My mom thinks she gave me an eating disorder with her constant obsession with weight and some comments about me and my eating habits, she really should be looking at the "something smells funny, shan was that you?" comments I heard as a child before I realized whole milk wasn't my friend. Talk about a hard issue to overcome!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #22  

What position are you in when they do this?? I head it was like on all fours?? How humiliating
calimodel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #23  

Quote:
What position are you in when they do this?? I head it was like on all fours?? How humiliating
Well .. um .. it's only humiliating if you make it that.

But my waxer does not require me to be on all fours. For the majority of the time I'm lying on the table, scooched all the way down to the edge, with my legs and butt kinda hanging off. It's kinda like being at the gyno w/out the stirrups. My waxer will put one of my feet on her thigh (she sits at the end of the table) to give me something to balance against/press against.

For the ... um ... very back, she'll have me pull my knees to my chest with my legs spread ... not elegant by any stretch of the imagination, but it works.

I've been to a waxer who had me get up on my knees and I didn't particularly think it was humiliating at all. But I do like the way my waxer does it better.

Edited to add: There are a couple of threads from fairly recently where we discussed the hows and whys and wherefores of Brazillians: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153705
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145237

Last edited by PhotoChick; 11-19-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #24  
Progress, not perfection!

S/C/G: 132/118/110

Height: 5'0

Quote:
she really should be looking at the "something smells funny, shan was that you?" comments I heard as a child before I realized whole milk wasn't my friend. Talk about a hard issue to overcome!
lol! Glad you figured it out eventually though!

As far as being on all fours - I don't think that would be any weirder for me than any other position they could have me in. So that's not a factor. I'd just be afraid if it hurt bad enough that I'd fall down. lol.
offmyfranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:21 PM   #25  

I guess I just dont like the mental picture of me on all fours...all my fat hangs! yuck! I would prefer lying on my back muchhhhhh better Im glad that is an option. I think when i lose a good 30 lbs ill give this a try. Im sure the hubby would like it
calimodel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #26  
Workin' It

I actually didn't have to get on all fours, she had me lie on my back with my knees spread out and pulled up towards my hips for the front side, for the back she had me roll over on my stomach and hold one cheek pulled out to the side a little to give her more access. Not too bad.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

Ack! You people are completely tweaking me out! I really want to go get this done, because the shaving thing sucks, but all fours? Or like a pelvic exam? Really? I guess I never really thought about how the access would happen...you mean angels don't sprinkle dust on your panties and...Poof! Ow! No more hair?

I really am not a prude...and I am going to go get it done...eventually.

But I do have a question. If you need the hair to be a quarter inch long to get a good wax, um, does that mean that EVERY time you have to let it grow out that long to get the NEXT wax? I don't know about you blondies out there, but I have DARK hair...everywhere...and very, er, thick and healthy hair...everywhere. I am not sure I could stand waiting for it to get that long. This is confusing...
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #28  

Oh no no no .. you don't have to let it all grow out that long. Just if you're going for the first time ever, trim it down to about that length and it'll be MUCH easier. The longer and curlier the hair is, the more "ripping" it will take to get it off and it hurts more.

But I go every 5-6 weeks about and it's not anywhere near 1/4 inch at that point. It's just long enough that the wax will hold it. And after a while it really does get thinner and finer. Oh and when it grows back even the first time, it grows back more soft and fine than when you shave ... cause the whole hair is growing again, not the thick stubble part. I hope that makes sense ... it did when I typed it, but I'm not sure it reads right.

Actually I had just a bikini done for a long time - that way you get to wear a little paper thong that doesn't bare all ... and it kind of gives your waxer a guideline as to where to wax and where to keep things fuzzy. I think it eased me into the idea of a Brazillian. My waxer just kept taking off a little more an da little more and a little more ... until one day she said "let's do it all" and I said "OK!"

Last edited by PhotoChick; 11-19-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:56 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

Thank you! I am much less nervous now.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:29 AM   #30  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
*giggle* I just nearly spit diet coke on my laptop.

I love people who are brutally honest, it's so refreshing and entertaining!
bananapancakes is offline   Reply With Quote