Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-14-2008, 01:50 PM   #1  

Question Plus-size clothing for a girl with small boobs?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums, and I wanted to see if anyone has the same issue as me. I carry most of my excess weight in my hips and thighs. I only have A-cup breasts, so it is REALLY hard to find dresses. They either fit my upper half and squeeze the life out of my lower half, or they fit the lower half and are way too baggy on the top. I usually wear between size 16 and 21 (depending on the brand) for pants, and I have a hard time even finding shirts. I usually buy a medium or a large for shirts, but it really depends. I have broad shoulders, so shirts that tend to fit me end up sagging in the boob area. Does anyone know of any retailers that sell plus-size clothes that can be worn by someone with this body type? I can't imagine that I'm the only plus-size woman in the world who doesn't have a gigantic chest (even though that's what retailers try to make me believe).

Thanks everyone!
Jen
jennyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #2  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Jen! I'm one of your species! I have an A cup too, altho you wouldn't know it. I have had to buy bras that are b or c AND use extenders in back so they fit me. They don't make 44a or 42a or 40a bras. So here is what I know...

I usually wear skirts and tops bc almost allllll dresses will not fit right.

Retailers DO believe all heavy girls have big boobs, as do most men.

My best advice is to just go up a size or so in bras but get one that is molded and rounded that smooths you out nicely and will look good under all your clothes. It also helps to hold out your tops to prevent some of the sag there.

It's bad enough to not have big, bouncy boobs like most big girls do, but to have ppl assume you DO have them is ridiculous. And that's what retailers do.

The thing I know about all this that is good?? We won't have to worry about them sagging to our knees in the coming years! Ours will remain perky. (What choice do they have?!?)
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick View Post
Jen! I'm one of your species! I have an A cup too, altho you wouldn't know it. I have had to buy bras that are b or c AND use extenders in back so they fit me. They don't make 44a or 42a or 40a bras. So here is what I know...
It makes me so mad!!! I'm about a 38a, and it's hard to find even those! I've had the most luck at Target and specialty stores (there's an outlet around here that sells only undergarments, and it's great because they're cheap!). Once in a while I can barely fill a b-cup, but it's pretty rare. Right now I wear cotton pullover bras most of the time. They squish my boobs, but they're already small anyway. :P Oh yeah, and what flip is up with the fact that one 38 bra can fit around my chest, and the next 38 bra will squeeze the life out of me? I guess it's plausible that cup sizes would vary (seeing how much women's clothing sizes do), but 38 is a measurement! Why can't they get at least THAT part right?

Quote:
I usually wear skirts and tops bc almost allllll dresses will not fit right.

Retailers DO believe all heavy girls have big boobs, as do most men.
Haha, yeah. I've always said, "Wow, it's really nice that I got stuck with giant hips and thighs, yet I don't even get the the benefit of having big boobs. THANKS!" Not that I want gargantuan boobs, but it would be nice if I could at least regularly fill a b-cup. Is that so much to ask!?!?

Quote:
My best advice is to just go up a size or so in bras but get one that is molded and rounded that smooths you out nicely and will look good under all your clothes. It also helps to hold out your tops to prevent some of the sag there.
Yeah, I have a 38b wonderbra, but it's so uncomfortable. Plus it kind of makes me boobs look triangular.

Quote:
The thing I know about all this that is good?? We won't have to worry about them sagging to our knees in the coming years! Ours will remain perky. (What choice do they have?!?)
Haha, that is true!
jennyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:09 PM   #4  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Default me, me, me!

I have always had small boobs. I'm a B cup (well, to be honest one side is probably a full A and the other is a B, yes I'm VERY lopsided). As if the lopsided-ness weren't enough of a hurdle, then there's the fact that I am at least a 38. Some 38's are even too small, depending on the brand. I can't stand having myself sucked in with bulges sticking out everywhere so I only have 2 or 3 bras that REALLY fit me well. And I also have to pad one side to fill it out enough to make up for the smaller boob. I think it's ridiculous that people assume we are large EVERYWHERE! I wasn't blessed with that asset!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #5  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

Mememmeme toooo!!!

It makes shopping SO hard for me because I can't even fill out the tops! They fit around my waist, but I'll have to take them in a good 1-2 inches in order to make it fit my boobs, and shorten the strap. =(

I hate the fact that they all assume that women have huge boobs if they're overweight or plus sized, because not all of them do!

BTW, I'm a 44B. I can't even fill a C cup.....
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #6  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Here are a couple more ideas.....

I don't have your problem, ladies, but I do have very large boobs and I too have a hard time finding the right kind of dresses to wear. I have to be especially careful of v-necks because it can end up being more bosom than I wish to reveal. I love these wrap dresses that are popular now but I bought three from a catalog without trying them on and I looked awful in them. I have to buy tops to fit my bust and then the material sometimes sticks out so far, I look pregnant.

However, I would recommend www.jms.com (justmysize) or www.womanwithin.com. Those are two catalogs that have a very large selection of bras and under garments for those of us who are on either end of the spectrum.

BTW, I wear a 46F and I feel that a larger bust makes me look matronly in a lot of clothes even with a really good bra. Also, all of the weight from my breast tissue wears out bras quickly. So, there are some "perks" to having smaller boobs.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Same here! I am very pear shaped, so anything that actually fits in the top doesn't fit in the bottom. All of my suits would look great if I had the boobs to properly fill them out. It takes a 16W to fit my top but my bottom is still a 20/22. Very sad.
piperboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

42B The only ones I have seen fit nicely are the Lane Bryant wire ones. Nothing fancy, no push up or anything like that, just the cotton ones.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:45 AM   #9  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I'm a 40B (barely B) and I also second Lane Bryant bras. I get the underwire padded ones though with the little chicken cutlet insert! It gives a nice fit under shirts/blouses/tees which obviously in my size are created for gals with large bosoms! I actually have to buy my tops to fit my large upper arms though. They are more of a fitting concern than my small breasts.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:09 PM   #10  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
I get the underwire padded ones though with the little chicken cutlet insert!
I get those same ones just not in that size. But I so ROFL'D at the chicken cutlet insert. I still have no idea why they put those in bras that are like 44DDD, like a girl that size needs extra enhancement.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #11  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Well if it makes anyone feel better I am not happy with being too large on top. Like pamatga I also look 3 times as big in blouses unless they are form fitting. Another problem is getting my picture taken from the waist up which makes me look alot bigger than I am. I cannot find clothes that fit me the right way either. Here I thought if I were only smaller on top clothes .would look better on me.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:40 PM   #12  
:)

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20nine View Post
I still have no idea why they put those in bras that are like 44DDD, like a girl that size needs extra enhancement.
I'm a D and I accidently bought those! They make me look unnaturally large. It's horrible!
oneupsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #13  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephi View Post
I'm a D and I accidently bought those! They make me look unnaturally large. It's horrible!

Who was the silly man who thought girls like us actually want that kind of enhancement
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #14  
:)

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Who was the silly man who thought girls like us actually want that kind of enhancement
They have them for DDD gals too!
oneupsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:50 PM   #15  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

The only time I had larger was when I was pregnant LOL. I went from a D cup to a B cup - and some smaller c cups (but are usually pretty snug).

I feel your pain!

I tend to buy my clothes at second-hand stores... for some reason many of them fit me better.

If I have the money, I'll go to Penningtons 14+ store. They have many ranges

Not sure if they have them in the USA though.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote