3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   Need New Bra's But Need Help (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/125204-need-new-bras-but-need-help.html)

dwilkinsonofthree 10-17-2007 06:57 PM

Need New Bra's But Need Help

OK so I lost 10 pounds only 10 but I am still in need of new bra's. Bought some at JCpenney's not only are they to big but the are just no very comfortable. I am a D cup (wish I could lose somethere) Usually were a 36 but the ones I bought were to big. My friend use Victoria Secret's but she isn't as big as me. Can any tell me what they use. Especially ladies who were a D cup. Thanks

Azure 10-17-2007 07:09 PM

I'm a 36 DD (Not an easy band size to find on that particular cup size). I buy my bras exclusively at Fredricks of Hollywood. They carry from a AA--DDD(F) cup and band sizes from 32-42. They're actually attractive and support me all at the same time. I was tired of trying to buy a bra with support and only finding underwear that looked like something Grandma would have worn, y'know? Anyway, if there's a Fredricks store near you, they'll have something in your size that's sexy and functional.

dwilkinsonofthree 10-17-2007 07:16 PM

thanks

Maybe I will try and look on line. I glad that someone else understands. So the underwire doesn't bother you. I need something to lift these babies up and feel comfortable. And like you said I am not looking of my grandma's bra.

mandalinn82 10-17-2007 07:24 PM

We had a whole Bra Fitting Advice thread going - lots of great ideas and discussion.

Bra Fitting Advice

Shy Moment 10-17-2007 07:27 PM

Have to say I was happy and surprised at the treatment I got at Layne Bryant's. Their fitter was very nice and helpful and pretty surprised when she saw i had my bras handmade for myself. lol. To bad the woman retired that always made them for me. The lady did find something, with an under wire, at 40 D, I need support lol. They are pretty and the price wasn't bad either. I am never going to have bras again like the hand made ones. Not sure I will ever get use to a bra not fitting my body like it should.

elisa822 10-17-2007 07:45 PM

I would recommend going somewhere and getting fitted properly. That doesn't necessarily have to mean somewhere expensive. I don't know where you live but I've been fitted well at a reasonably priced department store and waited for a good sale. I'm a 34 DD and I've done well with some Warners and some Wonderbra. I generally stay away from Victoria Secret. They're not cheap and I find the support of the bras to be so-so.

Comfort and preference is all a matter of opinion but I like something with an underwire and seamless so it doesn't show through a T-shirt. I say go somewhere, get fitted, try a whole bunch on and buy one or two. If you like it, then look online for the best prices. I could never buy a bra without trying it on.

Good Luck!

:D