3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   What do you wear to sleep in? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/120772-what-do-you-wear-sleep.html)

2Bthinagain 08-19-2007 05:21 PM

What do you wear to sleep in?

Prior to having babies I used to wear all things Victoria Secret to bed. To "sleep" in. DH loved that. Now that I'm plus size I wear Tshirts or sweats, anything comfy. Some t-shirts have bleach stain spots from the wash, or kids, etc...CLEAN but have stains, yet comfy. Well DH hates the sloppy look at night time and has requested I spiff up my sleep wear.
Can't blame the guy. He bought me an an outfit, it's a short sleeve top and the bottoms aren't really pants, but they aren't shorts either, more like "sleep capris" ? They are okay looking, but I told him I'm more comfortable walking around the house in sweats than it that....least the sweats hide more (or give me the feeling that they do).
Just curious what other plus size girls wear to sleep in.

Schmoodle 08-19-2007 05:32 PM

I too am guilty of going to bed in sloppy comfy clothes. Mostly long T-shirts. Sometimes I take pity on DH and buy myself a couple of decent nighties, but I always seem to revert back to the sloppies. But I've got lots of too-small nightwear that I plan to wear again once I shrink back into it. I can't stand pajamas with pants though, I don't like my legs covered. I'm a nightie girl.

Darby1 08-19-2007 05:51 PM

It's so funny you brought this up today. I was just thinking that I need something cuter to wear to bed. Since I've gained weight, I am very sloppy around the house; oversized t-shirts and lounging pants usually (the ones I'm wearing right now are from the men's department), and I wear the t-shirt to bed.

I was looking at the Victoria's Secret site earlier today. I have a ways to go before I can get into VS sizes, but I'm definitely upgrading my sleep and lounge wardrobe as soon as I can!

witchyonadiet 08-19-2007 06:17 PM

I usually sleep naked - but since I lost weight I have bought a couple of cute things.

Mom2QJandT 08-19-2007 06:42 PM

I sleep in pajama pants and tshirts. My boyfriend likes them, says they're a "cute kind of sexy". If it's a Saturday night with no kids I may pull out something sexy sexy, but usually I have on my PJ pants. They aren't sloppy, they fit me and with the right tshirts they are comfy and cute. Just my two cents!

ThinGirl in FatBody 08-19-2007 07:03 PM

I wear nightgowns, I always have... silky black ones with lace etc...

kaplods 08-19-2007 07:10 PM

Mostly nekkid, but I have a few cute sleep T's when it's cold or for when we're having overnight guests that might catch a glimpse of me in the hallway during a trip to the potty. I never slept nekkid when I was single (then again, I usually had a housemate). All my sleep t's were a little ratty (they're at their softest), but after I moved in with my husband, he asked me to throw out the icky ones.

I've always loved sexy lingerie, everything from a little flirty to bordering on slutty. Roaman's and Woman Within (used to be Lane Bryant) have some very nice, reasonably priced stuff. Everthing from "college-cute," to lady of the evening.

If you order anything from them online, you will get the print catalogs too. Or you can call their 800 number and get the catalog. You and hubby can look at the catalogs in print or online, and can find something that makes you both happy. Something that you'll be physically and emotionally comfortable with, and something he finds less dowdy.

modkittn 08-19-2007 08:12 PM

Wow. I wear boring old pj's and always have - bottoms and tops, but not usually nightgowns and nothing fancy like yuo other ladies! I don't feel comfortable any other way :)

FrouFrou 08-19-2007 08:26 PM

Mostly t-shirts, hubby's, lol. But I have some cute little babydoll gowns (short ones) I wear once in a while. In the winter when it gets cold I will wear a t-shirt and jammies...matching set type ones.

lilybelle 08-19-2007 08:27 PM

I sleep in my old 2X t-shirts and undies. In the winter I wear long-sleeved pajama tops and long sleep pants. I'm at the stage now where I have hot flashes and often strip off my sleep clothes before morning.

settie 08-19-2007 08:34 PM

Face cream - body lotion. ;)

Casandra 08-20-2007 07:39 AM

I want to wear sexy cute things to bed, but I havent even had money to spare to buy a new bra for over a year, so i usually just go with nightgowns.. It used to be that if I wore anything more than boxers, I get a raised eyebrow and a "what's that for? Am I in the doghouse" kinda look from my hubby.

nelie 08-20-2007 10:19 AM

I wear what I've always worn, sleep tanks. I love sleep tanks (oh and undies). I have some VS sleep tanks as well as other brands. I'm not much of a nightgown person and I don't care for sleeping naked.

blondebritbrat17 08-21-2007 07:28 PM

I usually sleep only with underwear on. I'm too hot natured and always have been even when I was underweight. In the winter time when it does get cold enough, I pile on the blankets and I wear stretchy comfy pants with socks and a t-shirt. I used to have cute stuff to wear when I was a smaller size and I've kept them so I will go back to wearing those as well whenever I can fit into those.

GatorgalstuckinGA 08-21-2007 09:12 PM

nakid...i hate feeling trapped/confined. I like to feel DH next to me when we snuggle...and when its cold i just snuggle closer (: