Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-27-2007, 08:37 AM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Default Where can I find the longest Tshirt ever?

I hate going to reach over my head or throw a ball with the kids, or strech, etc, and my shirt raises to show either the top of my pants, of my stomach! YUCK. I don't want to look at it, so why would anyone else?
I would love a Tshirt that came down to mid-hip.
I've tried Lane Bryant and Old Navy, but not many other places. Just hate to buy fat clothes, it's so depressing. But with the warm weather here, I need a few new tshirts.
But I like them LONGER and personally I think a "V" neck looks better on plus size, don't know why.
Thanks for any tips!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #2  
Fat-be-gone

Did you not like Old Navy?? That't the only store where I have seen super long tees. Also, there sizes run pretty big. I love their clothes.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:05 PM   #3  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

I've found that the t-shirts at Avenue can be fairly long. I don't really like their clothing that much, but when I was in the store with my mom they had some tops that were labeled as being "tunics", which usually means long. Beyond that, I ordered some plain v-neck t-shirts from Woman Within (formerly the Lane Bryant Catalog [not the same as the store]) to work out in, and they're fairly long. They cover up my entire tummy and booty, though I haven't really paid attention as to whether they raise up high when I stretch my arms up.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

A lot of girls and women in my area take Cute summer dresses and cut the bottoms off to turn them into 'babydoll' tops. They're cute and they don't cling to your curves! You can cut them off to any length you want and if you don't sew you could have someone that does hem them for you.
onmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:33 PM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Try on some Men's Tall sizes . . . maybe you can find what you are looking for.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:53 PM   #6  
I can do it !!!!

thanks everyone for the ideas.
I do love Old Navy clothes, but I must be in denial as to what my actual size is, because all their tops seem so clingy. Even when I was tiny tiny tiny I never liked my clothes to fit like skin. When I was really an XS I usually bought a Medium. I can't stand clingy clothes. But when I find a V neck Tshirt that fits my BOOBS, the shirt usually is shaped like a BOX and I detest that. Also for some reason as we all know PLUS size clothes aren't cute....they just don't make the same patterns and prints in plus size as they do in the normal sizes, you know what I mean?
Of course if I'd only lost some weight this wouldnt' be an issue right?
I joined 3FC around Christmas? I still weigh the same. Yep....I'm patheitc.
Meanwhile summer is here, and I'll be hot all summer for lack of any cute clothes to wear.
I digress...sorry !
Thanks for the tips though, great tips!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 350

My latest Roaman's catalog has some long, tunic-style t-shirts with V-necks (which I agree do look better on plus size people!). I like Roaman's better than WomanWithin/Lane Bryant even thought I think they are the same parent company.
MelPerimeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #8  

check out the bathingsuit cover-ups section in stores. I have found some really nice ones this way. Good luck
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Default Lane Bryant

I just bought a v-neck tee at Lane Bryant that reaches almost mid thigh on me and I'm 5'10". I love it. It's called a modern tee so it isn't square shaped like most tees. It doesn't hide my waist. Finally a tee that's slimming for me.
I think it was the cross-over vneck tee that is 31" long. I bought in an outlet store for 12.99 which is the normal price.
kgood2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Give the Duluth Trading Company a try. Their women's longtail shirts are awesome. I've used them for work/camping shirts for years and they're fitted like a woman's tee so they're not too baggy, they're long enough that they don't show the....um....muffin top , and they'll last forever.
harrypotterybarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:25 AM   #11  
Starting is half the task

S/C/G: 330/ticker/160

Height: 5'10

Torrid/Torrid.com They have super long shirts and the clothes are very current. hth. I only shop there. (We have the actual stores in southern cali)
Cokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

The online catalogs for Roaman's and Lane Bryant/Woman Within are great. Usually I start at their outlet store bcoutlet.com, which has merchandise and links from all of the "Redcat" owned stores. The outlet prices are amazing, but anything over a 2X (which is closer to a 3X) goes really fast. The clothes are also usually are roomier than the same sizes in the stores.

I always check for length, and make sure it is at least 30". I'm 5'7" and at 30" a top covers the hips and a few inches down the thigh. Anything shorter than that, gives me that "humpty dumpty" or "tweedle dee/tweedle dum" silhouette. I hate that.

The links to the men's big and tall, as well as Roaman's and Woman Within (formerly Lane Bryant) are also on the home page (down at the bottom right)
Both the Roaman's ans WW stores carry some of the same clothes, though I agree that Roaman's seems to have a better, more stylish selection. Though I usually check both, just in case something I like might also be on the other site for a better price, which sometimes happens.

This pay day I'm going to buy some of the mega T's I've seen on the site that are 34", there's also a swim suit coverup I saw that would make a great top.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:58 PM   #13  

I just got a land's end plus size catalog and they had cute T shirts with many different selections. V-neck and tunic length included. Plus, great bathing suits. Good luck!
judybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

harrypotterybarn, I took a peek @ the Duluth Trading website and I didn't think their sizes ran all that plus. Maybe if you're in one-derland they're ok but they're too small for me (yet!)

kaplods, I get both the Woman Within and the Roaman's 'logs and I like their stuff too. Apropos of not a lot, my mom (we live together) seems to think the Roaman's catalog has begun to cater specifically to women of color: they have more black models than WW and offer the kind of Sunday-best dresses and big ornate hats that black women favor for church (I swear one hat they had looked like it had a satellite dish on it): has anybody else noticed?
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

As someone else has said, I recommend Torrid. They have some pretty cute shirts that are nice and long
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote