Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-05-2006, 08:50 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Today's been better too. I didn't clean my kitchen (much) and my sweats have an elastic waist but .... I have eaten well. I lifted for upper body with Alex Trebek
I have steel cut oats in the crock. I'm mulling over my lunch for work tomorrow. Boiled eggs, ff cottage cheese, tuna, radishes and baby carrots ???? I really should have gone for a few groceries after work today.

I like giddy, Robin. It makes message boards fun.

Hey Pat! My Mom and her husband just drove back and forth to Alaska. She has a pretty thick Flemish accent and the names of some of the places they went ??? are a hoot! I still don't really know where they went.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #17  
Working My Way Back Down

Well, some of the places do have pretty funny names! Hope they had a good time - we've had very weird weather so far this summer.

I'm off to the gym, though I may have to find a "back way" as someone dumped a bulldozer off its trailer on the main road out of town.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #18  

They loved it and thought it was very beautiful. I went hunting for a map and somethng that looked like Mom would call it Touk ... I think they stayed in a log cabin bed and breakfast near Tok.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:29 AM   #19  
Working My Way Back Down

I've been to Tok - it's the nearest "town" to the Canadian border (at least on the road). It's still about 7-8 hours from me.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #20  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, just wanted to post that today is my first day of maintenance. It took me 1 year, 1 week and 5 days to reach goal but I finally did it. Thanks so much for the help and encouragment that I have received. The advice has been awesome and right on target. Special thanks to Meg who has helped more than she will ever know. When I got disgusted with my slow loss, I'd look at her pic's for the inspiration to keep going. You will all probably see a lot of me here in the maintenance forum, I will always need the help and swift kick now and then. Words can't express my happiness today.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #21  
Mel

Congratulations, Lilybelle!

You are pretty inspiring, yourself!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #22  

Height: 5'7"

Way to go Lilybell!

Susan, sounds like you are exactly my kind of maintainer. Up and down up and down indeed, Robin. We'll get there. We'll all get there.

Well, unfortunately I found a solution to the whole BBQ thing. Food poisoning. Or possibly stomach flu. Made for an interesting 5 hour plane ride back from the in-laws. On the plus side, we all had a great time. DD had so much fun with her cousins and on the beach that she would not sleep. Lots of sleep today for her though. Dogs are back from the kennel and are passed out--I think they spend all their time there in a state of hyper-alertness.

I'm going to watch some of the Tour de France and then go to bed.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:26 PM   #23  

lilybelle ... 89 lbs is awesome work!

Anne ... the 11 lbs made me so nervous tho'. That's a lot for someone my size now. I shouldn't stew tonight. The alarm didn't go off this morning so I flew by the scale on the way to the shower. I'll weigh myself tomorrow and probably a couple of pounds of flubber will be gone.

There were a few things wrong with today ... both food and exercise wise. But I have a deficit so I'm good. I worked in DayCare doing colonoscope preps today. Odd, very odd ... and it discourages nibbling
Old 07-06-2006, 11:22 PM   #24  
Ilene the Bean

Aw, you gals are an inspiration...

Lillybelle -- you are very BELLE indeed, awesome pics and progress, you will be a fine maintainer...

Robin -- your posts always make me smile and chuckle, you're such a great writter...

Susan -- you'll be fine I just know it, you have it in you...

I've also been a bit off because of vacation time, but I MUST get into the swing of things with a better routine because I have the WHOLE dang summer to contend with for vacation not just 2 weeks... This week has been much better because I am getting lots of exercise in, at least 2+ hours/day and that's what makes me feel at my best... Food has been good since Monday, although today was a bit off food wise...

Keep up the great work up and down friends ....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:15 AM   #25  

Morning! I got up in time to weigh this morning and you all were right. 129 lbs. That's about five that just floated away. What would I do without you gals to keep me calm?
Old 07-07-2006, 08:22 AM   #26  
No description available.

Congrats, Lilybelle!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #27  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks so much everyone for the kind words.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #28  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Lilybelle - congrats!!

Susan - glad to hear those pounds are coming right off!

Pat - I am so clueless about the terminology. That was the first time I have ever been in a canoe! I figured paddling and rowing were the same thing, I guess not! What do you call it if you are in a kayak?

Robin - I hear you on the fireworks noise. It sounded like world war three out here for a few days.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:10 PM   #29  

If I was in the kayak, you'd call it drowning
Old 07-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #30  
Working My Way Back Down

Susan I'm not fond of kayaking myself. I tolerate canoeing because DH loves it (spent many summers working at wilderness camps). However, he doesn't seem to understand that I need to relearn it every year, it doesn't just come back to me. Hence, unless it's a gorgeous day with no chance of wind or current, I won't go with him. And even then I prefer to be a passenger - whether he's paddling or using our little 2hp putt-putt motor.

PC - it's paddling in a kayak too. You row a raft or rowboat with oars; paddle a canoe or kayak with, um, paddles. Very different motions - all requiring shoulders though.