Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 11-20-2005, 03:00 PM   #1  
Meg

Default Thanksgiving Week Food And Exercise Accountability

Here we are - the beginning of one of the toughest maintenance/weight loss weeks of the year. Relatives, stress, cleaning, groceries, travel -- and temptation, temptation, temptation everywhere we go.

Let's stay accountable this week and post here about what we're eating and how we're moving. Let's focus on keeping ourselves as a priority and plan our meals and schedule in exercise. Remember, Thanksgiving is really only one meal -- not a day or week or month -- and it's centered on good ole low-cal, high protein turkey!

.... ummm ... what ARE those turkeys supposed to be doing anyway???
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 03:08 PM   #2  
Meg

Today's grocery and cleaning day for me. I hit the grocery store at 7 am (and it was crowded!) and then the gym for 30 minutes on the crosstrainer. Back home, unpacked the groceries, made waffles for DH, and then back to the gym for 25 minutes on the bike and a leg workout. Now it's time for housecleaning -- can you tell that I'm stalling?

I made sure to plan my meals out in advance and everything's ready to go in the frig, so no excuses for off-plan eating. This week is going to take a lot of focus because I'm having company and will be cooking a lot of holiday food that wouldn't ordinarily be around. But I've made it through T-givings in the past few years with nary a slip and know that I can do it again.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 04:12 PM   #3  

Meg, I hit the grocery store at 7am, too! It was dark, in the 20s and I was the ONLY one in the store (and it's a giganto store!).

My plans for T-day are set. I'm making some things I don't like to cut down on temptation. For sides, I'm making a stuffing dish made of brown rice instead of bread. Loading it with mushrooms because I won't go near one. Also making a cinnamony carrot dish - don't like cooked carrots, either. I'll just steam myself some fresh broccoli. I'm making a healthy version of mashed potatoes and I picked up whole grain rolls. Easier to control myself with those than the white ones that smell like the rolls my grandmother used to make. For dessert, a light pumpkin pie recipe I found last year that got a thumbs up by the family.

My after-dinner plan is to bundle up and take a neighborhood walk while the rest of my family sits in front of the TV watching football and feeling miserably overstuffed.

Good luck, everyone!
karynlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:40 PM   #4  

Thanksgiving day will not be hard as we are eating out. This also solves the leftover problem as there won't be any. I've made an appointment with a trainer for Saturday so I will have to go to the gym.
Notajollyfatperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:14 AM   #5  

I just started p90x and am pretty motivated so I will be OK this week, I think. Thankfully in my family turkey day is a reasonably healthy day so I am not worried - and I eat so much pumpkin now that I am almost sick of it so not planning on any pie! My inlaws pretty much make turkey and veggies and that's it. What could be better?

Christmas on the other hand is another story - and I don't care. Xmas = cheat day for me .
featherz is offline   Reply With Quote