Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-25-2005, 08:14 AM   #16  
singletrack chick

this morning i did 20 minutes of yoga at home to see what level i am for when i start back to class, and walked 20 minutes with the dog. tonight is an early night for me so i'll probably go for a long walk with her tonite too.

yesterday was a really good food and exercise day for me, and i'm hoping to keep it up today. its that tom and i am dying for some chocolate and a martini. hehehe.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:18 AM   #17  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Monday: 1 hour bike ride and 30 minute walk. I nearly froze my fingers off in the morning yesterday and today. It's time dig out my glove warmers already. brrrr
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:55 PM   #18  
Mel

Sunday:50 minutes bike
Monday: lifted chest, 50 minutes bike
Tuesday: Leg day, 20 minutes elliptical

Quote:
I'm good about exercise, it's food that causes me trouble.
me too!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:36 PM   #19  

Height: 5'7"

Friday: Walk 3.7 mi, ~1.5 hr
Saturday: Swim 1100yd, ~30 min
Sunday: SLEEP
Monday: Walk 4.0 mi, ~1.25 hr

Plan for today is to swim ~1200 yds when DH gets home to watch DD. I'm still limited to walking and swimming post-partum, but should get the go ahead to add running, cycling, and strength training middle of next week. Might even break out some exercise videos, since I'm still trying to figure out my nursing/sleep/exercise schedule and coordinate it with DH's availability (basically evenings and some early mornings).

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:45 PM   #20  

I agree with Ilene that the BOSU is fun--my YMCA just bought a few (finally) and there is a Friday morning class that uses them. I got much sweatier than expected!

I may already have told you about my plan to spend b-day money on a personal trainer. Well, it remains a plan in that I haven't started making phone calls to find one and arrange the sessions. Seems I need to pencil in the time to actually make the calls--much like penciling in the time to actually do the workouts.

Yet another chilly and rainy day here. I've been burning a yummy scented candle; it helps!
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:33 PM   #21  
Ilene the Bean

Tuesday, I did chest/triceps afterwards I wasn't in the mood for cardio so I jumped rope on the bosu ball for 30 minutes, I was able to do 8 skips
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:38 PM   #22  

I did upper body today and I feel great! Plan to run 8K tomorrow - my part of the race will be 8K in week and a half!
Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:30 PM   #23  
Mel

I need to practice more....Ilene's beating me My legs were very sore when I managed 5 this afternoon while waiting for a no-show client.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:42 PM   #24  
Meg

Don't feel bad -- I'm only up to 14 in a row and I've been working on it a lot longer than you two! My goal is 100 (though I probably couldn't even do that on dry land ) It's awesome cardio, isn't it?

Yesterday was only 35 minutes of cardio. No cardio for me today (bad, bad, bad) due to me staying home and paying bills and doing laundry before work. Did shoulders in between clients - I started with rear delts (usually end with them) since a massage therapist told me that I have muscle atrophy back there due to my shoulder injury - yikes! My strength is slowly coming back, though I absolutely died on my last set of side laterals.

My problem seems to be that on work days I find time for cardio OR weights, but I really need to be doing both most days. I know, I know - it's not a matter of finding time, it's a matter of making time. Will try harder tomorrow.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:09 PM   #25  
Ilene the Bean

Meg -- In my book if you can at least do one of the two types of exercise, it's better than most regular people do! And if you do just one and you spend the rest of your waking ours running your tail off that counts too! Doncha know?!

My legs tonight are feeling very very funny from doing that bosu skipping, not sore yet, but strange... I can't explain it...I'll see how I feel tomorrow...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:18 PM   #26  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

I got in a 30 minute walk today ...but nothing more, will try harder tomorrow
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:50 AM   #27  

Yesterday I did 45 minutes of yoga and 20 minute walk with puppy at mid night...she would not settle down!

Today - 20 minute ab class, 25 minutes on the elliptical, 1 hour kick boxing class.

I'm planing to run 4-6 miles tomorrow
Deelighted4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:42 AM   #28  
Running Babe

I'll try to do a short run tonight. My foot is still sore, I gotta ice it some more, however I won't push it too much.

Cheers!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:16 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 164/137/135

Height: 5ft, 4.5in

Made it to the gym Monday for 15 minutes of elliptical and 35 minutes of weights. Gotta work on my elliptical endurance, or stop pushing so hard so I have the energy to go longer

Tuesday was supposed to be mellow, stretching yoga for an hour, but the weather was ferocious so I stayed in.

Wednesday I tried the "Kwando Flex" class at Bally's - and realized once again that I have no rhythm!

Tonight: Vigorous Yoga.

Friday or Saturday: elliptical for 20 minutes, darnit, and then weights.

-Amy

My FitDay log

Last edited by ameliaamy; 10-27-2005 at 11:17 AM. Reason: typo
ameliaamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:10 PM   #30  
Mel

Wednesday: shoulders and 40 minutes cross trainer
Thursday: back and 30 minutes elliptical