3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   New to this board (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/63493-new-board.html)

dgjp8991 08-15-2005 03:48 PM

New to this board

Hi there Im new to this board. Infact this is my first post here. Im a lifetimer with weight watchers. Now here is the problem. I am staying perfectly on program. Working out drinking water everything. I dont use wpa or ap. Im not losing Ive tried to shake things up and use some of my wpa but its not working for me any ideas?? Thanks GinaH

Meg 08-15-2005 09:25 PM

Hi Gina and welcome to Maintainers! :wave:

You might want to check with our WW forum about your Points question - I'm not very knowledgeable about how they work. Tell us some more about you -- are you still trying to lose weight or are you currently maintaining? Have you tried varing your points day-by-day? (calorie cycling) What kind of/how much exercise are you doing?

Glad you found us here at 3FC - there's no better site for information and support! :)

dgjp8991 08-15-2005 09:40 PM

Meg thanks so much for your reply. Im disabled with Ceberal Palsy I walk on the track and do the gazelle stationary bike richard simmoms sweating to the oldies and ab lounge I pick one of these a day and somedays I do 2 Im just starting to add in ankle weights I try the firm but can only do parts of it. I joined WW weighing in at 202 and now im at goal I want to lose about 10 more pounds just for me not for ww but personal goal. If You need more information Im an open book. I joined ww May 19 2003 <and made goal March 17th 2004

thanks again Gina H

Meg 08-16-2005 05:00 AM

Wow, Gina! Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss! :cp: I'm really impressed by all the exercise you do, despite the CP.

Those last ten pounds can be the :devil: to lose for a lot of us. They come off so s-l-o-w-l-y compared to how quickly we can lose in the beginning. Sometimes it takes a little more exercise ... sometimes shaking up what we're eating helps ... sometimes it just takes patience ... :)

Again, welcome and we have an August chat thread you might want to pop in on -- we have some WW members who might be able to help with your Points question, along with the 3FC WW forum.

Hoping to hear more from you! :)

Reg4242 08-16-2005 07:10 AM

Welcome Gina:

Your weight loss and exercise routine are very impressive.
Hard to say why the scale is not cooperating.
Keep it up and the scale will catch up.

Mel 08-16-2005 08:07 AM

Hi Gina :wave:

Congratulations on your loss and achieving your WW goal :bravo:

For the WW uninitiated, what are WPA and APA?

The last 10 pounds really are the hardest....As Meg said, that's when you have to start pulling out some tricks: more or different exercise, change your eating a bit, shock your body into realizing there is a change going on!

Welcome to Maintainers :)

Mel

dgjp8991 08-16-2005 09:15 AM

WPA: thats Weekly points allowance ( Flex points)

AP: activity points points you can trade for food when working out. I dont use either
Thanks for sharing..GinaH

Sweater Girl 08-16-2005 11:08 AM

Hi Gina,

Are you getting enough oil/fat in your food plan? I know I have a tendancy to go too low-fat, but I find eating some salad dressings with olive oil on a salad or some non-hydrogenated margerine with corn on the cob really helpful. Let's just say a salad with a nice lower fat dressing keeps me a lot fuller than one with a fat-free dressing. As a bonus, it has improved my skin:)

You've done a great job and being able to maintain that is something to celebrate:)

Cheers!

Ali:)