Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-17-2005, 11:42 AM   #16  
Meg

We were just joking about 'calorie free s'mores' - unfortunately, they haven't been invented yet but should be.

The SF chocolate syrup that Smoo posted about is Walden Farms brand - www.waldenfarms.com . You can order from them online. Got to warn you, though - it's all chemicals and in my opinion, tastes pretty nasty (I threw it away after trying it once). My recollection is that you've been trying to avoid chemicals and additives, so maybe try to get a look at the ingredients before ordering? Unfortunately, I didn't see the ingredients listed on the web site.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 04:00 PM   #17  
Empress/Queen

Thanks for the link, Meg! I knew you were jokin' ... just commenting on things in general that are labeled calorie free.

I have a bottle of Walden Farms' cal free salad dressin' in fridge, didn't know they made a choc syrup ... think I'll go see how the dressing tastes before I do any ordering. Thanks.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 07:48 PM   #18  

Something very tasty and nutritious, but not lo-cal:

melt 1-2 squares of dark chocolate (the 70% cocoa type)
dip fresh or dried fruit in the chocolate

In winter, we did dried apricots and dried cranberries. Now it's fresh strawberries. With all the hype dark chocolate is getting (anti-oxidant, good for heart, creates serotonin), I figure it is OK to indulge in this as an occasional treat. I like it better than more processed things, and only a bite or two will feel decadent enough.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:05 PM   #19  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Amarantha, I've tried all of the Walden Farms dressings, except Blue Cheese (yuck). I've found that the Italian, Honey Dijon and Tomato Basils are good. However, the ranch and other creamy types can tend to lose something in the flavor...a bit on the bland side. And...I also noticed you tend to need a bit more of them all than you would normal dressings. I dunno, they just don't seem to coat the salad well, don't "stick" or something. Maybe it's because they don't have as strong a flavor, not sure.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:58 AM   #20  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Almost Heaven!!! I didn't know they had blue cheese ... I love blue cheese, will try it.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:30 AM   #21  
Meg

Default New Concoction!

Here's my latest, greatest concoction - it's how I've been convincing my sweet tooth that it's getting DESSERT!

1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean (the plain, not the crunch)
1/2 cup SF vanilla pudding (I use the premade ones)

Crunchy and sweet!

130 calories
approximately
8g protein
25g carbs (5g fiber, 3g sugars)
1g fat
Old 10-18-2005, 10:53 PM   #22  
it's always something

That sounds pretty good! I bet it would be good with strawberries.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:19 AM   #23  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hey meg - I've started kashi with cottage cheese. Was it you who suggested it in LWL? I find it's really nice with some cinnamon, 1/2 tsp brown sugar and a drop of vanilla!

I can't think what a UK substitute for SF vanilla pudding would be? What's the brand name over there?
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:38 AM   #24  
Ilene the Bean

I made this Vanilla Pumpkin Pudding the other day... Delish

1pkg SF Jell-o vanilla pudding ... 1c or more pure pumpkin puree add milk to total 2 cups .... add pumpking spice to taste ... Taste like pumpkin pie...

2F- the brand we have in Canada is Jell-0 for SF puddings ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:46 AM   #25  
Meg

Cool idea, Ilene! I've got pumpkin and pudding mix - must whip up a batch.

Wonder how the SF cheesecake pudding would taste with your pumpkin in it?
Old 10-19-2005, 08:56 AM   #26  

Ilene- which size SF vanilla pudding? This sounds wonderful. If it's the large size I might make half SF Vanilla and half SF Cheesecake.
2 bt mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:28 AM   #27  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 bt mom
Ilene- which size SF vanilla pudding? This sounds wonderful. If it's the large size I might make half SF Vanilla and half SF Cheesecake.
In Canada I've only seen the one size which makes 2 cups total...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:40 PM   #28  

Just wanted to say.. smores arent that bad, around 120 calories each (although eating just one is tough!) if made with proper stuff. I don't live in the US, but i found some good cracker type things, and if i make it with just one of those (instead of the usual "sandwich), it's only around 90 cals. So calorie free, no, but much nicer than a fun size bar I think!!
vanishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:07 PM   #29  
Mel

Yes, but those are 120 totally empty calories! and two of them would be a whole meal for me

I'm currently addicted to 1/2 cup Friendship brand lowfat cottage cheese (tastes like ricotta) mixed with 3/4 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch. It's pretty much banished my ceaseless yearnings for granola. I have to be careful and make sure that I don't eat it for three meals a day. I added some cocoa powder and splenda yesterday...yum!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:48 AM   #30  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default Fiber One Treat?

Good Morning!
It's 3:41 AM and I can't sleep. So I'm scanning the board and happened upon the Maintainers site. What fun to read about all your concoctions!
I often eat this for breakfast and it's like eating a banana split. I make my own homemade yogurt @ 50 calories per container.
One container of plain yogurt
1 packet of Splenda
1 small banana or 1/2 large diced up
Mix all together and top with 30 grams of Fiber One. If you mix the Fiber One in, it gets soggy. Sprinkled on top gives your banana split a nice crunchy sensation and you get 14 grams of fiber plus the fiber in the banana. I eat some variation of this every morning, just put in whatever fruit is in season.
Bobbi
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote